No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh - I was thinking of tackling the glasses and beakers - could do mugs as well if small child ever goes to sleep - up way to late due to unauthorised afternoon kip.

Have you noticed VC has slipped in an extra one today? I'm not saying the power of the pointy stick is going to her head, but, well.............
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

You sounded in need of something to do, HH, so I thought I'd help you
      I think my Mugs is about to include saucers (never use them!) and maybe plates as well. There's a lot of unused crockery in this cupboard!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Anyone fancy a little challenge this evening?
        How many mugs do you have and do you need them all?
        Any you haven't used for years - those advertising ones you were given perhaps?
        Can you live with less?
        I've a box of mugs I haven't used for years. It's in the cupboard under the stairs. But I can't reach it.
        There's too much clutter in the way....
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

So kind of you VC - all I have to do this evening is empty dishwasher, cook dinner, make 4 packed lunches, get stuff for eldests french lesson tomorrow ready, re - load dishwasher, put laundry away, swop car seats around & get gear in the car for work tomorrow so yes, at a bit of a loose end really looking forward to it, honestly!!!!
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

We have 6 mugs in all. Two of them are ours and the other four hang on the hooks under the racks collecting dust........................Am I allowed dust? I really do hope so as it is the only thing keeping some of the furniture together.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I hope so - or I might have to get rid of dog fur and mud which is what fills the gaps in the floorboards!
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I save the small plastic screw-capped bottles for seed storing. I can generally find a use for plastic jars with screw tops. I store electronic parts in them. My wife believes in throwing out things or recycling. I have no objection to recycling but I can usually find an alternative use for plastic cake boxes (mini-greenhouse). Quite often I find standing fans that have been thrown out because they no longer work properly and generaly I can fix them. I have a storage room attached to the flat that is full of tools and useful parts. I save old batteries and have made what is known as a Joule thief to use them to light small LED lights until the batteries are completely empty. Apart from that, if I tidied up everything I wouldn't be able to find a thing!

Comment

I'm a numpty
                  I've been emptying the crockery cupboard and washing the mugs/plates etc as I pull them out. Now the drainer is full and I still have lots of plates to do. I completely forgot that I have a dishwasher since I never use it.
                  I opened the dishwasher door and its full of spare cleaning stuff and the electric mixer! So that's where I put it
                  Now, do I empty the dishwasher and wash the rest of the plates or carry on handwashing!
                  This is the last time I wash some of this junk!

Comment

Empty the dishwasher so those items go into their correct places. Then fill it up and bung it on - much quicker than washing up and two bits of decluttering for the price of one!
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

All washed - by hand
                      Chipped plates binned and lots of surplus crockery and mugs boxed up - either for freecycle or a charity shop.
                      Once I have a stash of clutter I'll ask either Air Ambulance or Heart Foundation to collect it. Just need to clear a space in the garage to store the "clutter" until then!

Comment

Tuesday's Declutter Challenge!

Throw away 5 things beginning with B
                        This should be easy - books, boxes, baubles, bangles and beads!
                        Biros, bulbs, batteries, brushes..................

Comment

I can't bring myself to get rid of the crockery, especially as vintage (sounds so much better than old) + flowers seems to be fashionable so I get to do photoshoots in the summer. Although maybe the vintage tablecloths is a bit much So yes, if you are getting rid of chintz-y part t-sets please don't say anything.

I have got an entire set of matching glasses (minus the tumblers) to go to the charity shop. Does anyone actually use all their different types of glasses and are they fussed if they drink something in the wrong type of glass

Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 14-02-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Chipped crockery goes straight into the bin as soon as they are chipped. Do you know how many bacteria can hide in chipped crockery.

Have been trying to get my mum to get rid of all her terrible old crazed crockery. On a losing wicket there.

And I don't have loads of mugs, I prefer a cup and saucer and the cup and saucer gnome has been pinching those.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              ^^^^ I have at least one of those
                              Maybe we should have a guessing game to identify the strange utensils that lurk in our drawers
                              My mum once did that as a party game. (We used to have weird parties at our house.)

I drew a blank on the A's. Instead, I threw out my stash of (empty) screw-top wine bottles which I have been hoarding since making lots of flavoured vodka for Christmas presents.

Comment

I am a collector: I collect books. I have pocket books all over the house and a collection of gardening books in the bedroom. In addition, in the room where I have the computer I have a collection of films on dvd. These I store in plastic boxes from IKEA. The boxes are just the size for dvds and have lids to keep out the dust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X