Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
    Its chilly here so I might regret it shortly.... wish me luck!
    How did it go Vix? Or are your fingers still defrosting & unable to type?
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I can't do any more decluttering till the weekend as I'm at work (had Monday off). If I emptied a cupboard out and had to leave finishing it till the next day, I'd get bored and just shove everything back in again. No stamina, me.

I have, however, removed the three old saucepans (replaced with new two weeks ago) from the kitchen table to outside the back door. There must be a garden use for saucepans. I've just got to think of it. I'm not sure if you can recycle them, and it would feel wrong putting them in the bin to go as landfill.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
        Also out of date flaked rice, gelatin, vanilla essence & yeast in bin.
        I hope you mean compost bin, HH. If not, shame on you

edit - the garden birds would have liked the flaked rice....
        Last edited by mothhawk; 15-02-2017, 06:43 PM.
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• If the compost bin generated enough heat, HH could cook rice cakes or summat in there

Comment

• My cupboards are all fine, so bring on D
            Drawers in the kitchen need it - badly
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• I could probably go all the way through the alphabet and start again several times! Have another cupboard I might have a go at if I get time this evening......
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• NS, if your drawers need sorting, don't let us stop you from starting now

Comment

• I am pathetic!!!

Have gone through the side board. One box of fabric to go, a couple of odds and sods for charity shop and 2 carrier bags of rubbish - Yay! However, the sideboard is still full as I can't bring myself to get rid of more despite the fact I will never get round to doing stuff with it.

So if anyone remembers this next year give us a nudge please - if I have not sewn summin, knitted summin, tatted summin, painted summin and crafted summin it really should go

Comment

• D is for Drawers (especially for Nanny Sally) and 5 things beginning with D!

Does Dust count?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      D is for Drawers (especially for Nanny Sally) and 5 things beginning with D!

Does Dust count?
                      Dust doesn't count because you never throw it out, you just move it around.

At least that's how it seems in my house....
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Kitchen drawers done - there's only three. Dust can't count VC, not in Steptoes Yard
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• I've got problems with slugs in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure they're coming in where the wastepipe exits. Until now I've only seen trails on the floor. Cleaning the long, lower windowsill I've found them on there as well. Yuck!

I was told not to seal the hole until the kitchen is finished. Blow that. I'm out with the sealant tomorrow when I can see to do it.

Having just read that back it now occurs to me that they may be the reason for my herbs recent demise.

My seedlings are safe as I have copper tape round the trays.
                          Last edited by JanieB; 16-02-2017, 06:04 PM.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• A Drawer done! There are 10 more in the kitchen but I don't want to rush this
                            I've moved the jam thermometers and fruit squasher to the cupboard with the jam pans (that's another day's job)
                            Chucked some cork lids from jars that have been broken in the past! EDIT - retrieved them and will turn them into cane toppers.
                            Thrown some plastic bags;
                            Put the crumpet rings and egg frying rings in with the frying pans (but will I ever use them?)

Found some D's -
                            Drinks can plastic snap-on lids (I don't drink from cans) - for charity bag as never opened.
                            Doilies for cake plates!! Don't be daft
                            Dusters (old rags really)
                            Dog bowls - plastic. Too many.
                            Dish washing brush. Time for a new one - the old one goes down to the chooks to clean out their drinker.

Phew
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 16-02-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Friday is E for electricity day
                              Do you have any electrical gadgets you don't use that you could give away?

...........and chuck 5 items beginning with E

Egg boxes, elastic bands, envelopes, erasers, emery boards, egg cups, epsom salts, electricity bills.............etc

Comment

• Aaaarrrgh - I'm slipping behind - haven't done a drawer!!!!
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X