No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely no pressure on anyone to join me on the winding road to tidiness. I expect the novelty will have worn off for me in a week or so.
    Meanwhile, I must get back in my cupboard - I seem to have numerous funnels and I must choose my favourites and say goodbye to the others

Comment

• had a thought about your funnels,are any usefull for the watering of plant pots/seed tray,so water will go further to the roots
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Have only managed 3 broken bracelets for the B's today - far too busy tidying the pit which is eldests room and more laundry due to youngest having an 'accident' in the night.....

Might have a go at a cupboard when I've made packed lunches tonight
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I'm actually looking forward to continuing with the declutter tomorrow. It seems far less stressful than today. If I could get my £3000 13 month old cooker fixed I'd be even less stressed.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• i think there should be a password requirement to get into this thread, if my wife read any of this it would lead to matrimonial disharmony, she`s going on about getting the kitchen empted NOW, we have new doors and cabinets being delivered on Friday they will be fitted over the weekend or the following weekend the friend who is fitting it for us cant give a definite day yet, so I recon we can wait till Friday before doing anything. It also looks like Mrs Bee got taught by my OH but she must have missed the lesson about other peoples as when we go into my sons or daughters homes to watch the boys she starts tidying up, washing dishes etc. and anyway I dont have clutter I have things stored that I might need later, and stored in such a way that I can refresh my memory of what is there any time I need something
            Last edited by rary; 14-02-2017, 09:57 PM.
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I don't have clutter but I do have a "You never know when you might need it" shed................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                i think there should be a password requirement to get into this thread, if my wife read any of this it would lead to matrimonial disharmony, she`s going on about getting the kitchen empted NOW, we have new doors and cabinets being delivered on Friday they will be fitted over the weekend or the following weekend the friend who is fitting it for us cant give a definite day yet, so I recon we can wait till Friday before doing anything. It also looks like Mrs Bee got taught by my OH but she must have missed the lesson about other peoples as when we go into my sons or daughters homes to watch the boys she starts tidying up, washing dishes etc. and anyway I dont have clutter I have things stored that I might need later, and stored in such a way that I can refresh my memory of what is there any time I need something
                I was going to say "a man after my own heart" but that's probably not in the spirit of this thread. I do as little as possible when I go to my children's homes. I did enough for them when they were growing up even more since their father did f all.
                Last edited by JanieB; 14-02-2017, 10:14 PM.
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Tonight's cupboard sorted and I found a few Bs in there

Bowls - glass ones that came free with desserts, also some plastic ramekins that I use for fermenting seeds.

Broken Bowl lid
                  Also
                  Bottle of elderflower cordial (don't like the smell)
                  Books - paperbacks I'll never read.(charity shop bag)
                  Batteries -dead. (Take to shop for recycling).
                  Boxes of Dog Biscuits. Emptied into a big tin. The boxes to be used for cardboard box planting nutty idea.

Comment

• Wednesday Challenge

C is for Cupboard - any cupboard!
                    Maybe the one under the stairs, the airing cupboard or one in your bedroom?
                    I'm going to tackle the airing cupboard. Sort out the bedding! How many duvet sets do I really need? Three per bed perhaps. One on, one in the wash and one for best
                    We'll see!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      C is for Cupboard - any cupboard!
                      Maybe the one under the stairs, the airing cupboard or one in your bedroom?
                      I'm going to tackle the airing cupboard. Sort out the bedding! How many duvet sets do I really need? Three per bed perhaps. One on, one in the wash and one for best
                      We'll see!
                      Ah! now cupboards. Thereby lies a problem. The only cupboards in my house are the ones in my new kitchen which only have newly imported and non clutter stuff in them. I have a room that is full of stuff. It is not clutter as it has been gone through thoroughly several times at the insistance of my children. This stuffs major problem is that as my child hasn't yet fulfilled his promise of rewiring my house and until he does i can't put it back together and I don't know what storage to buy, what size and where to put it. So the "stuff" in that room will stay there.
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• My c's

couch - well hubby has agreed I can get rid will be a week or so before I physically do it.
                        cards
                        coasters - some that have sat unused for three years
                        cots to be listed
                        cds

Comment

• well I have finished work until Monday so I am joining in (ish)

Our conservatory is currently functioning as the pathway to the tip whilst we're decorating so OH has done 3 trips to the tip this morning to empty it.

We're now going to tackle the garage (that does it to much justice - its a brick shed really) - when we moved a load of stuff got dumped in there and hasnt been touched. It desperately needs organising and I desperately need to find all my gardening stuff.

Its chilly here so I might regret it shortly.... wish me luck!

Comment

• Cupboard done!!! Tackled the long neglected baking cupboard while chatting with youngest and playing with balloons

Small mountain of paper for recycling, 4 baking moulds and a plate for charity, user manuals x 4 filed with the other user manuals. Spare parts from fitting taps now in the garage, a multitude of sandwich & freezer bags organised in bundles by size, cake candles & paper cases in a tub, baking paper in the rack with the clingfilm & foil. Baking sheets & cake trays in a long tub on their sides for easy access.

All in all it is now a thing of beauty
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Also out of date flaked rice, gelatin, vanilla essence & yeast in bin.
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• This morning I emptied the bottom of the airing cupboard
                                Two bags of unwanted sheets and pillowcases, tablecloths and napkins for charity; some towels downgraded to dog towels.

My C's for the day:-
                                Cloths (table)
                                Cafetiere (don't even like percolated coffee)
                                Cake tins (loose bottomed) - must be a use for these in the garden
                                Cotton wool ( who needs 3 lots of cotton wool?)
                                Combs - 6

Getting there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X