No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal challenge physically take some of the hoard to the charity shop. (and come back with less than I took )
    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 17-02-2017, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Still loving this thread, can't do any more drawers, house is too upside down lol. A lot of my drawers are housing things that they normally wouldn't. So, for me, the bit de clutter will start in earnest when each room is put back to normal.
      Just a little thought, about giving stuff to the charity shop. My rule of thumb when I donate mis "would I pay money for this"
      I also wash/dust anything I donate. If it's good to go, then it gets on the shelf pronto.
      I'm sure you guys are all good people, but round here we just get their rubbish. It's terrible, have upped our skips to three, that's unnecessary expense.
      Not a rant, just telling it like it is
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• I think I am good with what I take to charity shops although some of it could do with a bit of a clean (there is just so much of it) , clothes tend to go straight to the textile bin. It's general bric a brac, toys, puzzles and books, so may sit around a bit but is def. saleable (IMO).

Comment

• I give most of the children's old stuff to my mum who gives them to a woman's refuge near her - clothes, toys, nappies, everything - some women literally have to flee with what they can carry so everything is useful.

None of the charity shops near me have parking close by which makes things a bit awkward!
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Today was E day and I've sorted another kitchen cupboard.

My 5 Es are -
            Electric kettle (who needs 3?) Not good enough to pass on = rubbish.
            Electric light bulbs and the 2 old wooden standard lamps that go with them! (Charity)
            Egg cups x 2 (I've kept 5 but they're all chicken shaped so are like family) (Charity bag)
            Envelopes, padded. (I had lots to use for the VSP but don't need that many now) Rubbish
            Elastic bands - all put in a jar instead of lying round in little clusters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
              It's general bric a brac, toys, puzzles and books, so may sit around a bit but is def. saleable (IMO).
              You think they may sit around! I had my super spring clean hat on several years ago and chucked all the stored toys on my outside wall with a big sign "please take me" they didn't last more than a few hours!. Ive done it several times since. Though their scooters and bikes with stabilisers went to our local primary school.

Comment

• Saturday is F Day
                Food, Fridge, Freezer, Footwear, Flowers, Flour, Files, Foreign Fings, Forks............you get the idea.

Comment

• I've done mostly C's today - sorted out the bottom of a wardrobe and

C - thrown some old H/M CDs that no longer work
                  C- put a load of jumbled cables of various types into a big bag for my bro to sort and see what's usable - are SCART cables still used for anything for instance?
                  C - put unused Xmas cards away with the other Xmas stuff
                  C - moved some freebie coasters to the living room dresser
                  D - made a pile of old documents to shred
                  S - chucked a pair of slippers I've never worn

I found a bag of knitting I started about 5 years ago the pattern is so complicated and fiddly I have to count the stitches for the colour changes on every row so I need to concentrate to do it. But I much prefer to knit on automatic pilot, IYKWIM, so it sort of got left.....

I really must knuckle down and finish it though, if only to free up the space it's taking up in its two bags. Plus it is pure wool, so it's an expensive unfinished sweater
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Struggling a bit with the Fs

Fixing gel - when was the last time I used that stuff -? 15 years ago
                    Fragranced body spray - supposed to be Cornflower - it stinks!
                    Files - ring binders - lots
                    Fruit tree catalogue - last years!
                    Fur, dogs - put in feeder for birds for their nests. They took a lot last year.

Took a boot full of stuff to the charity shop - felt good! I refused to look around in case I bought more junk

Comment

• Sunday is G day

Garage or greenhouse or garden?

5 items beginning with G.............gloves, glass, garments, glue, gadgets, gym stuff, grot...............

Comment

• Electrics - broken kettle for the tip, electric orange squeezer and a panini maker for charity.
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Too nice a day to spend much time in the garage but I've set aside a few bits to be chucked!

My 5 Gs are
                          Gloves - gardening, several left hand ones as the right ones have worn out!
                          Gloves - woolen - just one as I've lost the other one
                          Gloves - disposable & rubber ones that get shoved under the sink.
                          Glasses (spectacles) - 2 pairs to go to Marie Curie shop for recycling
                          Glasses (drinking) - odd ones with slogans!

Comment

• Monday is H Day - could be the Hall or a Handbag!
                            5 H's could be:-
                            Hats, Handbags, Hair things, Homebrew, Housework

Happy decluttering

Comment

• Your doing so well VC with your encouragement, hope everyone is keeping up.
                              I'm not, my possessions are in places they shouldn't be, when they all return, my real decluttering will begin again on Wednesday. I wouldn't mind, but I de cluttered everything on the way into storage
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• It is surprising what you don't miss when it is in storage, it also surprising how some stuff just doesn't store. Some of the things that have come out of my box room are so grotty

Well I have slightly decluttered the porch will finish later in the week and I have decluttered 2 shelves in the kitchen and there is an extra yay I have found my drivers licence that has been MIA for almost six months, I can get rid of my application form now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X