No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather stupidly let OH use a load of cardboard boxes to start bonfires now only have one to plant through, although still have my blowaway /polycarb gh to put up (been to cold and/or wet/windy) which comes in a big box........
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I've just cut away the top of a box of tissues - its seed tray size and depth - but that's another thread

Comment

Monday's Declutter challenge!

Throw away 5 things beginning with A

Comment

^^^well my girls will do that. They will take a single bite and then bin the apples

Yesterdays personal challenge was clean the cutlery tray and I even binned stuff. (calpol syringes - not sure why I had kept that many and some other bits)

Todays challenge go through the hooge pile of personal paperwork and file what I am actually keeping. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 13-02-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Put me down I don't want to go in the bin...........
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

A broken pen
              A dead battery
              A load of mags

That's 3..................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Bigmally

are your absolutely certain that the broken pen is broken and not lying idle just for the fun of it?

Can't you take out the dead cell from the battery and make it go again? I have seen u tube films showing how dead batteries are brought back to life!

Surely you aren't throwing out your 10 years of grow your own magazines?

VC have you started a de-cluttering humungous mistake?

Bill

P.S. Well done all. Provided you get rid of "stuff" sensibly then I think you are all doing yourselves a massive good turn. once started I would try to get use to a "quarantine" area where things can be placed and if they don't move in six months (or less) they get the boot.

Comment

I'm in! I'm a compulsive hoarder so need something like this to get me to do it.

Now!! Whichever room you're in, clear the windowsill and see if you can reduce the number of items on it! Then post on here what you've achieved!
                  The windowsill of the room I'm in holds my Garland 7 propagator with chilli seeds in it. I can't clear that! However, it does also contain a vase with dead flowers in, so I'll clear that, clean it out, and put the vase away.

Comment

Done! Well, half done - dead flowers in compost bin, vase sitting in kitchen soaking in bleach. It's an awkward shape to clean - long thin stem, bulbous base - so I'm bleaching it in the hope of killing the dead flower bacteria. Any suggestions welcome.

Now, five things beginning with A? Not sure where to start with that. Will think on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                      so I'm bleaching it in the hope of killing the dead flower bacteria. Any suggestions welcome.
                      A bottle brush?
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I am ahead of you, i declutered the kitchen last week,the lounge however,is now cluttered with the caravan contents,just untill i get it painted out,what is a for VC,anonamouse objects,as for the attic,ti's no mans land at the mo,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I am on a tea break have crammed one bag full for burning

I also have some A's for you

Account statements
                          Account books (there is something wrong with me, I have found at least 4 for closed accounts and one was closed 15 years ago )
                          Account summaries

Originally posted by Bill Door View Post
                          are your absolutely certain that the broken pen is broken and not lying idle just for the fun of it?
                          If it has just run out of ink you could use it as a seed dibber or a pea shooter

Originally posted by Bill Door View Post
                          Surely you aren't throwing out your 10 years of grow your own magazines?
                          I can beat that, I have a suitcase in the box room with my FiLs 1970s grow your own mags. I did try to get rid of them pre move but no joy, was more sentimental then so they came with the move but I think I will dig them out and get rid of them with the paperwork. Most of my stuff has been in quarantine for 4 years, why we brought it with us in the move I have no idea.

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                          Done! Well, half done - dead flowers in compost bin, vase sitting in kitchen soaking in bleach. It's an awkward shape to clean - long thin stem, bulbous base - so I'm bleaching it in the hope of killing the dead flower bacteria. Any suggestions welcome.

Now, five things beginning with A? Not sure where to start with that. Will think on.
                          When I do my flowers I tend to add a smidge of vinegar and bleach not so much for the flowers but because it stops all the scum lines.

Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 13-02-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            A broken pen
                            A dead battery
                            A load of mags

That's 3..................
                            An Ape??

Comment

Might tackle the children's artwork - that'll be at least 20 things!
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

My 5 A's

Aprons (2) hanging on the back of the kitchen door. One had snapped strings anyway!
                                Audio cassette boxes (3) empty
                                Antler briefcase with broken handle!
                                Antiques book. Don't collect antiques!
                                Amsterdam guidebook - haven't been there for years and don't expect to go there again.

The Books can go to the charity bookstall in Wilkos - the rest in the bin.

Also found my Mum's Photo Albums so I'll return those to her today
                                Threw away some seed catalogues too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X