• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthrax - terrible disease
    Antartica - its cold
    Aubergines - yucky
    Autonomic Immune System - mine is kernickered so not much use
    Anchovies - again yuk!

Wel, you didn't say that I actually had to have them in the bungalow did you.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I'd be seriously worried if you had that lot in your bungalow, Lumpy

Comment

Sunday is my blitz the kitchen day but I went to my daughters yesterday to make nursery curtains and stayed the night so I only put stuff in the dishwasher. The one thing I haven't done for months is sort the windowsills out. There are 3. 1 very long and high up, a compromise for the building inspector, 1 short and another longish one. The very long high up one has 2 pestle and mortars and a bag of left over nuts and bolts from when the kitchen was installed. Oh, and now I've stood on on a chair and looked, dead flies.

The short one has a decorative teapot on and is clean and dusted. The other long one ... 4 dead herbs (don't know why they curled their toes up but suspect cold weather), 2 lamps for my she shed, a succulent my granddaughter gave me (still alive), a plant bucket my dil gave me (also still alive), some more leftover kitchen bits and the oil for my oak work tops (oops, not used for over a year, must add that to the to do list). Oh, and lots of dead leaves, flies, cobwebs and dust. Fortunately it was on my list of things to do today.

Tomorrow I'll tackle the lounge as I want to take a hammer and bolster to the chimney breast as it's the only way I'm going to prove to my youngest son that the lintel is still in place.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

All sorted, although I now need to renew passports as I discovered Hubbies runs out next week

Tomorrows challenge clean the big tank (that I haven't had running for 12months - yuk!) and list it. Along with 2 travel cots, a cot bed, 2 prams and a large pot with 2 bird of paradise plants in. (If I don't write it down I will forget something)

Comment

Well done all - you're doing great!

I love hoarding, but I also love de-cluttering - I have to be in the zone, and then everything goes. Unfortunately now we don't have a garage, there's a lot more de-cluttering than there is hoarding!

Comment

Despite heavy intervention by small child I have thrown away 20 pieces of random artwork. However 11 new ones have been created.........
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I have a big Ikea bag of stuff for the charity shop, the flat smells a bit like a swimming pool (rogue mould appearing in a damp cupboard) and my hands need a dose of extra-strong moisturiser.

Making headway though.
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I have de-cluttered my cookbook cupboards, my baking equipment cupboards, my wardrobes and chests of drawers.

De-cluttered all my cookery cuttings, and stuck into books those that I really want to keep.

Next job the loft, the utility, garage,(himself job), and then a the Spring clean of all the kitchen cupboards.

Slung out cruddy old crockery and roasting pans that have seen better days.
                  I am pretty good at not hoarding!

Comment

Such a great feeling when things get sorted out,even if it only the cuttlery draw,amazing what gets dumped in a place,just for now,out the way,then forgoten about,were are ALL guilty,you can dust and polish all you like,at the end og the day it's the new decluttered look at wins,well next to painting.

like to add,when my kitchen cupboards had a make over,and things in different ones,i put the bun tins,trays ext into a plastic box,is then just pulled out like draw for use,i lay them on edge,easy to find what you want,nothing comes flyuing out at you,plus it is kept nice and clean on the bottom shelf,no dust getting at them.
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-02-2017, 04:01 PM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well I'm still stumped for A's but I'll have another look when I get home tonight. I think I prefer the location approach e.g. the windowsill, a kitchen cupboard etc.

Comment

Its whatever works for you Mitzi. It doesn't really matter whether its an A or A box, its doing something.

Comment

I could do my cutlery drawers this week, and the two beneath it.
                          Will let you know when completed
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                            Such a great feeling when things get sorted out,even if it only the cuttlery draw,amazing what gets dumped in a place,just for now,out the way,then forgoten about,were are ALL guilty,you can dust and polish all you like,at the end og the day it's the new decluttered look at wins,well next to painting.

like to add,when my kitchen cupboards had a make over,and things in different ones,i put the bun tins,trays ext into a plastic box,is then just pulled out like draw for use,i lay them on edge,easy to find what you want,nothing comes flyuing out at you,plus it is kept nice and clean on the bottom shelf,no dust getting at them.
                            I couldn't fit all my baking tins in just one box.

I have several plastic boxes from the Swedish store in a large floor to ceiling cupboard in the dining room. All neat and tidy.

Comment

I placated Anoia today by giving one of the kitchen drawers a good rattling, then throwing out a potato masher, a cheese slicer (one of those things like a grater but with two long slots instead of holes), a sugar thermometer with all the numbers up to 260F worn off, an empty box that once held plasters, and a thing like half a comb, but with sharp metal teeth about 2" long. I've really no idea what it was for.

Gave the drawer a good scrub out, then had second thoughts about the thermometer. Fetched it out of the rubbish - I can use it in the compost bin - it won't tell me the temperature but it will be fun to see the red line go up the tube, even if just a little way. It's in the gardening cupboard now.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                a thing like half a comb, but with sharp metal teeth about 2" long. I've really no idea what it was for.
                                Is it for nits, MH?
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 13-02-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X