No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having decluttered for our last move I can confirm that empty work surfaces and dust work very well together :-)
    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Can I wait till children asleep? Might get something done then!!!
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

You have until tomorrow, HH

Comment

Ooo-er - will I get the pointy stick or the the noorty step if I don't? Best get cracking then
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
            ... Next on my list is the kitchen - if you open the baking cupboard things fall out at you, & drawers regularly get stuck
            That's caused by Anoia, a minor Discworld goddess -

Anoia
            The minor goddess of Things That Stick in Drawers, Anoia is praised by rattling a drawer and crying "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?"
            As she says, sooner or later every curse is a prayer. She also eats corkscrews and is responsible for Things Down The Backs of Sofas, and is considering moving into stuck zips.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Now!! Whichever room you're in, clear the windowsill and see if you can reduce the number of items on it! Then post on here what you've achieved!
              on my windowsill is...
              one spider plant, 6 chitting potatoes, 2 pots of chrysanthemum cuttings, an orchid, a pot full of pencils and pens within easy reach of my desk, a bottle of room spray (circa 2014), an indoor thermometer, a catalogue, and an emery board.

Declutter in progress........please wait........
              Last edited by mothhawk; 12-02-2017, 08:24 PM.
              Endless wonder.

Comment

I've removed the catalogue, the emery board, and the room spray.

Two in the bin, one to another cupboard.

What? Well the bottle's only half empty, and it's bluebell scent, one of my favourite scents.

Oh all right, I'll bin it, but it's going to break my heart you know....
                Endless wonder.

Comment

I have 2 small windowsills in the kitchen - so I've done both
                  No 1
                  Behind the sink had a prayer plant and an eyelash begonia (both needing water, dead leafing and a leaf shine) 2 in/out thermometers though one was in/in as I'd just changed the batteries), washing up liquid, hand wash and baby oil for my dishpan hands. A poinsettia cutting in a vase of water to see if it would root (it hasn't).
                  No 2
                  An orchid, orchid feed and 3 poinsettias bought for 10p each with dried leaves and in need of watering!

Afterwards
                  The prayer plant has been relocated in the hall, the begonia is receiving TLC, the in/in thermometer will be in the GH tomorrow and the liquid soaps etc have been put in a white china dish. The cutting is in the compost and the vase washed and put away.

I've cleaned up the poinsettias but they'll probably be gone to plant heaven in a couple of weeks.
                  I also cleaned the windowsills of dead leaves, webs and dust

Job done for today Feeling chuffed!

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                    That's caused by Anoia, a minor Discworld goddess -

Anoia
                    The minor goddess of Things That Stick in Drawers, Anoia is praised by rattling a drawer and crying "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?"
                    As she says, sooner or later every curse is a prayer. She also eats corkscrews and is responsible for Things Down The Backs of Sofas, and is considering moving into stuck zips.
                    also said to be heralded by the smell of cigarette smoke!
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Done. No windowsill in the living room (just french doors) so treated the floor as the windowsill cleared lots of toys away, shook out rug, & swept the accumulated carp of the weekend, consisting of stones from the garden, dog fur & glitter

Got enthusiastic & tidied and cleaned the mantelpiece as well
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

This is a fun thread to read.
                        Even though I am totally? De cluttered, if you could see my lounge - it's like Steptoes yard
                        All manner of carp that shouldn't be here. Come the revolution it won't ....
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

Bin it! Bin iT!

Come on you lot steady on or I'll have the union on you!!

Did you follow the correct protocol? Did you clear half of the window sill and then give it a good clean and rub down? Making sure that any coffee/tea rings have been obliterated. Then did you move the other half of the window sill contents to the cleaned side and clean that side? Did you then reassemble the items taken from the first half and place them on the second half of the sill? Did you then consider whether any items looked out of place? Did you then earmark those items that should be disposed of and sit down and reconsider the momentous decision you were about to reach? No, I thought not. So you must put those items back and make a full study of the situation and report back here what you intend doing so that those of a like mind can prevent you from upsetting the equilibrium of the world.

After all no one, but no one, mentions Sir Terry and "disposal" on the same thread without due consideration.

Bill Door

Comment

Don't worry - sufficient things have been disposed to keep even Bill Door satisfied!

On a slightly serious note the only time I have been genuinely upset when a public figure died was when we lost Terry Pratchett - great writer, & an even greater man.
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I have a cardboard box full of cut up and shredded cardboard boxes that belong to items that I have bought and have kept incase they needed to go back or be out into storage at some time in the future or had stuff stored in them that I have now thrown away. I'm gathering brown material for my daleks and the coming season and compost making in the process of de cluttering.

The window cills are the wife's domain and full or ornaments that I'm not allowed to move. Apparently men cant pull curtains so I don't do that then I don't get a rollicking.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

I'm saving my cardboard boxes to plant into
                                All the waste paper, junkmail (non-shiny), envelopes etc is shredded and goes into the chicken run or compost bin.
                                I have a pile of waste paper/clutter to shred. That's another little project

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X