No announcement yet.

Clutter!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC. Youve just brought to mind a trip doen memory lane for me.
    In 1985 myself, hubby and our three kids took ourselves snd our car to the Isle of Man for a holiday.
    On touring around we came across The Jurby Junk Shop.
    We had just bought a mobile home back in Dublin.
    We stocked it out from The Jurby Junk Shop.
    Its amazing what memories a word can trigger.
    All our junk is long gone now as the kids didnt want to holiday in a mobile home whrn they grew up.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• How lovely, bramble
      You've found some "junk" in your memory and brought it back into use

Meanwhile, I've
      - moved Jamjars from the kitchen to the garage and thrown a few away;
      - shredded a load of Junkmail which will go into the chicken run and they can mix it up with green waste and start composting it.
      I've also sorted some old "Junk" seeds out, which I will scatter in the garden, as I can't bring myself to bin old seeds!
      Every little helps

Comment

• 5th June.....
        Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I've shredded a load of junk mail that I'll throw in the chicken run once the rain eases off
        Today....
        Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        ... shredded a load of Junkmail which will go into the chicken run and they can mix it up with green waste and start composting it.
        That was some rainstorm VC.....
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Its taken me this long to shred all the junk mail
          (I thought it was a coincidence too )

Comment

• Today's the 11th and its K Day = Kitchen stuff, Knives, Keys, Kangaroos, Kettles and Kale
            Perhaps I'll sow some Kale - I do have rather a lot

Comment

• Bramble....I just goooogled the Jurby Junk Shop...and it's just closed down last week...

Jurby Junk shop to close on the Isle of Man after 40 years - BBC News

I've had a thought....why don't you all house swap for a couple of weeks?....you could chuck out waaay more stuff!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My wife has junk, I only have essential collectables ..........................................

Comment

• I'd like to hear your wife's version of that, burnie

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Bramble....I just goooogled the Jurby Junk Shop...and it's just closed down last week...

Jurby Junk shop to close on the Isle of Man after 40 years - BBC News

I've had a thought....why don't you all house swap for a couple of weeks?....you could chuck out waaay more stuff!
                    Oh what a shame. We have such happy memories of that place and that holiday. The kids loved it.
                    I guess nothing stays the same,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                      My wife has junk, I only have essential collectables ..........................................
                      In our house OH has garages full of junk while I have a shed full of essential gardening equipment, including a stash of cardboard boxes which are vital....
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I rarely have junk nowadays - cue the halo - so I just get my daughters junk to get rid of
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                          My wife has junk, I only have essential collectables ..........................................
                          Mr Snoop has junk. And so do I. But he has waaaay more of it than me. Even if you include all my recipe books!

Comment

• I don't have junk ON does. There's no chance he'll get rid of any
                            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                              I rarely have junk nowadays - cue the halo - so I just get my daughters junk to get rid of
                              You can come to my house if you get bored with their junk - it'll keep you busy for weeks!

By the way Bal that was a sympathy like....
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Put some clothes in the clothes bank at school this morning & retrieved old clothes of eldest from attic for youngest (known as "attic shopping ") will go through youngests clothes later this week to get a bag for charity.
                                Last edited by happyhumph; 11-09-2017, 10:44 PM.
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X