No announcement yet.

How many packets of seeds have you got?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is definitely a good feeling when you can finish off a packet and throw it away. I feel I'm getting things down to manageable proportions, then. Then later that same day I buy at least 3 packets to replace them... 😬😬
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone here won the million seeds prize and if they did, do they have any to spare?
      You can never have too many seeds, can you

Comment

• Seed box Inventory time coming up shortly, so that I don't go overboard at the Wyevale seed sale.

I have two tool boxes the one on the left with unopened packs that need to Umm be used this year and the other on the right of the photo has opened packs that have been decanted into plastic zippy bags that are stored in plastic boxes by type of seed.

The small box in front of the picture is 2017 and 2018 seed so I try and work my way from oldest to youngest seed, and the small plastic box has what need to be sown next in it.

My Word document for my seed list is over 4 x the permitted size so I can't upload it. So I've tried uploading as a jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Cadalot; 12-07-2016, 06:42 AM.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Just wondering if anyone here won the million seeds prize and if they did, do they have any to spare?
          You can never have too many seeds, can you
          What million seeds prize? OMG what have I been missing out on now?
          No it wasn't me VC, I didn't know anything about it! Or I did but completely forgot ( always possible )

Comment

• Not enough when I looks at Cads pile
            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
              Seed box Inventory time coming up shortly, so that I don't go overboard at the Wyevale seed sale.

I have two tool boxes the one on the left with unopened packs that need to Umm be used this year and the other on the right of the photo has opened packs that have been decanted into plastic zippy bags that are stored in plastic boxes by type of seed.

The small box in front of the picture is 2017 and 2018 seed so I try and work my way from oldest to youngest seed, and the small plastic box has what need to be sown next in it.
              Love the organisation, well done that man! But stop being shy we need to know numbers.......... Come on how many packets .

I must have a recount, I'm sure mine has go up!

Comment

• I havnt counted , probably about 30pkts, not many .
                Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Love the organisation, well done that man! But stop being shy we need to know numbers.......... Come on how many packets .
                  OK go back to my post, I've managed to upload the list made in the depths of winter last year for 2016 as three images If someone is really bored they can count the amount of packets of seeds.

The list shows what was new packs and what's opened and in the small zippy bags. Tell me I have OCD but I make lables for the zippy bags as well.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• The answer to this us between me and my doctor.
                    My name is Sally and I have an addiction
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• 2015 - 265
                      2016 - 506

I am rather impressed. I have a lot more flowers this year but my total figure hasn't grown - that much Also I haven't hit 700 either so I don't have to ban myself from getting any more seeds

2017 (almost) - 543 (439 veg, 104 flowers)

Comment

• I need to recount mine. Don't think I have as many as last year
                        sigpic

Comment

• Erm...NG I've gone way over.

I had 316 in late 2014. I'm now (not including the VSP) on 4 seed tins and a carrier bag, with 739 packets and 2 seed circles yet to come in. And a small seed order from the lovely Thomas Etty.

Someone please point me to a self-help group!!

I think I might run a seed-based charity fundraiser in late January to shift some of it. And perhaps going to Seedy Sunday is a dangerous idea.
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I'm not counting mine

Comment

• Sparrow are you on the list for another lotty?

You'll soon be catching VC at that rate

Comment

• I'm intrigued by sparrow's "739 packets" yet to come in! Even by my standards, that's a LOT of seeds
                                Tell me more please

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X