No announcement yet.

How many packets of seeds have you got?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my giddy aunt - I have more seeds than I have room for, and I have them all over lol But I have one large box that is more than one foot cube, two smaller boxes and lots of stray packets all over the house. At a guess I would say it is more than 200 packets, but we will never know for sure lol
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Must have quite a few. Currently got 3 orange cracker tubs - 1 Polytunnel, Salad & Herbs, 1 Veg and other Flowers.
      Last edited by 4Shoes; 05-01-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        A4 lever arch box thingie.

Amateur.
        It's got alphabetical dividers. That makes it organised

Comment

• OK everyone calm down, it doesn't matter how many packets of seed you have, just the understanding that the most important thing is that the ideal number of seed packets that you have is n+1 where "n" is your current number of seed packets.

Comment

• I've just pulled out 25 packets of courgettes, squashes and cucumbers - to take to the local seed swap next month. They're either duplicates or I know I'll never grow them. To be honest, most of those I've kept I won't grow either but they're my security blanket, in case I change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimny14 View Post
              OK everyone calm down, it doesn't matter how many packets of seed you have, just the understanding that the most important thing is that the ideal number of seed packets that you have is n+1 where "n" is your current number of seed packets.
              Hahahahahahahaha! Exactly

Mine are in a small suitcase which fits 6 icecream tubs, for different groups of veg, plus one for flowers ...
              Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 06-01-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I've just pulled out 25 packets of courgettes, squashes and cucumbers - to take to the local seed swap next month. They're either duplicates or I know I'll never grow them. To be honest, most of those I've kept I won't grow either but they're my security blanket, in case I change my mind.
                ohh a seed swap - Can I ask where and when please as Cardiff is not to far from us in Torfaen. Wondering if its feasible for us to go x
                Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

• Its 29th February at Chapter Arts Centre, Canton, Cardiff.
                  Would love to meet you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamzie View Post
                    ohh a seed swap - Can I ask where and when please as Cardiff is not to far from us in Torfaen. Wondering if its feasible for us to go x
                    Pontypool?? I was brought up just up the hill from Crumlin - Croespenmaen.

Comment

Its 29th February at Chapter Arts Centre, Canton, Cardiff.
                      Would love to meet you there!
                      Ohh, that sounds a good possibility, just have to work around youngest and her gym sessions. Where would I find more information please?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Pontypool?? I was brought up just up the hill from Crumlin - Croespenmaen.
                      Very nearly, we are just a bit higher up in Blaenavon. Met my husband while working nights at the Pot Noodle factory x
                      Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                      and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

• My poor allotment has been a bit neglected this past year or two but I'm raring to go in 2020. So I gathered together all my various boxes, tins, envelopes etc of seed packets and divided them into veg and flowers. Then, on Monday evening, I decided to sort through the veg seeds as one of Neil's workmates is on holiday from next week and plans to spend all of it sorting out her garden and creating a veg patch. I knew I had a lot if duplicate packets of seeds from the two growing edibles magazines I get each month so I said I'd sort some out and Neil could take them in for her. Little did I realise just how many seeds I had!!!!! I estimated about 100 or so different types. After five HOURS of sorting (alphabetically & writing down types and varieties and number of packets kept for myself) I've ended up with 80 different types of veg and these are divided up into 256 different varieties!!!

I have 17 types of both lettuce and tomatoes....12 carrots....10 radish *surely I'll find one that I like in that lot!*....9 beetroot....8 cucumber....7 leek....6 peas....5 cabbage....etc etc Just as well I like salads, isn't it?

Looks like a fun summer ahead I may not sow everything but I think this will make me more aware of sowing just the right amounts and when.

Next job is to go through the flower seeds....
                        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Gilly - you can always swap some in the Random Excess Swap - closes the end of March so plenty of time if you want to join in. https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...-a_100962.html

Comment

• Gillykat you’ve inspired me!.
                            I’ve always had a list of what seed I have and how many packets of each variety. But I’ve never had a running total. Until today .

So I have 198 packets of edibles (veg, herbs, salad) + flowers 44 + seed circle ( records not up to date )= a lot

Comment

• Just bought another three packets. Sodding Lidl.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I have 7 boxes of seeds and recently I have been giving some seed packets away and they are all relitivly new as they are going to non gardening friends who I am trying to encourage into growing their own veg and to give them old packets which might not germinate would be discourageing to them, I really do need to clear out a lot of the other seeds and unlike Snadger not give in to temptation when I go into lidl though it's difficult as their seeds are a great price
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X