No announcement yet.

How many packets of seeds have you got?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not even going to bother. Not because I've got so many it would take me all day to count them, but because I haven't got enough to be worth recording.

Comment

• Total 373
      Flowers 54
      Veg 319
      That's not good. I want more!
      But to be fair I do plant some seeds from every variety every year which is 330. The other 43 are duplicate packets.

Comment

• ^^^ Amateurs

Comment

• ^^^^^^ VC you will have to think about opening a museum soon as some of the packets are going to get so old you'll have trouble keeping plant hunters out of your seed box/room/trailer/loft/stadium etc
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I've come to realise that I'm not really a seedaholic, but a seed-catalogue-aholic. I like browsing, but it looks like I'm quite strict when it comes to buying.

One thing I've done this year - admittedly for the first time ever - is start a shopping list (on MoreVeg) or wishlist on other suppliers. That way, I add things to my list as and when I come across them. But when it came to purchasing, I whittled the final list right down. That way, I've allowed myself the pleasure of being tempted but haven't actually succumbed.

Sounds very virtuous, but you can't half waste a lot of time. The number of hours I've spent looking at seed potatoes is ridiculous. All because my usual first earlies aren't available for some reason from anywhere this year.

Comment

• And my annual count for this year is.....

562 (386 veg and 176 flowers) good job none of my circle seeds are in this years count

2015 - 265
              2016 - 506
              2017 - 543 (439 veg, 104 flowers)
              2018 - 572 (343 veg, 229 flowers)

I am a seedaholic and proud

Comment

• Nope, I'm not doing it!!
                Life's too short to count all my seed packets.

Comment

• Not counting mine, but I'm about to start the annual re-doing of the seed spreadsheet cos the last one is hopelessly out of date.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Nope, I'm not doing it!!
                    The chicken is absolutely right, the bit I've made bold, says it all really

Comment

• 163 veg and 11 of flowers. I clearly have some catching up to do!
                      Last edited by Chestnut; 05-01-2019, 05:33 PM. Reason: Forgot the Christmas ones

Comment

• This years seeds
                        Veg seed packets - 352 (including 126 duplicates)
                        Flowers seed packets - 46 (including 3 duplicates)
                        Total 398

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Nope, I'm not doing it!!
                          I concur. Suffice to say I have an A4 lever arch file box thingie and it's full

Comment

• A4 lever arch box thingie.

Amateur.

Comment

• I am a mere beginner with 62 veg and 56 flowers - and dropping.

I don't count duplicate packets, just varieties. And I have vowed to buy no more until what I have is used up so I can get closer to the current year with "sow by" dates. By that I don't mean buy none, but, for instance, buy no fresh kale until I have used all the kale seeds I have now.

I also am not counting self saved seeds, because they are "bonus" seeds and have no "sow by" date.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• I only know that I have to many to sow in my back garden
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X