How many packets of seeds have you got?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Too many to count or catalogue, like I have in the past, two toolboxes and a number of overflow or specific seed variety boxes, thanks to the tomato seed circle I now have 29 more packs.
    Ah c'mon - that's a fab New Year's Day activity. I am setting aside the afternoon for getting everything out, looking at it, checking against the lists and deciding if I want to keep it. Mostly the answer will be yes, but I have to find some good prizes for the allotment Epiphany/Wassailing bonfire on 7th Jan.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• No idea, but probably many, many, lots.

New years day activity, like Sparrow is to go through the seed tins and then the catalogues.

Catalogues........ there lie dragons!!!! and bankruptcy.

Comment

• Because I have just worked out that Spring will be arriving sooner than I expected because of our extra time tonight I might just look at some more seeds so that......

A. I am ready for an early Spring.

B. People will stop laughing about my tiny stash it box!
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Well I couldn't not join in now this lovely little thread has come back to life
          I'm feeling like a bit of an amateur compared to some!
          I've got 337 packets of seeds.

Now going off to look back through this thread to find if my numbers have increased or decreased since I last counted.

Comment

• I rarely have any seed left by the time June comes around, everything is sown by then. In the autumn I make a plan of what I will grow where for the following season, then trawl through the seed company sites to find what I shall want to grow next year and buy just what I need.

Comment

• Well that's very disappointing gone up exactly ( only ) 100 packets in 13 months.
              Someone go get me some L plates, amateur come through !

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                Well I couldn't not join in now this lovely little thread has come back to life
                I'm feeling like a bit of an amateur compared to some!
                I've got 337 packets of seeds.

Now going off to look back through this thread to find if my numbers have increased or decreased since I last counted.
                You're up....................just a bit
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1295790

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                  I rarely have any seed left by the time June comes around, everything is sown by then. In the autumn I make a plan of what I will grow where for the following season, then trawl through the seed company sites to find what I shall want to grow next year and buy just what I need.
                  Some of my seed packets last for years, I couldn't manage a whole packet worth of one type of cabbages in one year plus all the ones I save in the autumn. I usually have as many at the end of the main growing season as I had at the start.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    Well that's very disappointing gone up exactly ( only ) 100 packets in 13 months.
                    Someone go get me some L plates, amateur come through !
                    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    You're up....................just a bit
                    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1295790
                    It may be only 100 but its almost 50% increase! Does that sound better?

Comment

• Yes that sounds much better VC thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                        Just counting as I go. Wait a sec. Didn't loose count so here we go.
                        95 veg and salad seed packets and 32 packets of flower seeds.
                        This is after I sent parcel to VC for the seed swap and given some out to friends and family who grow some of their own to.
                        I have just had a quick count up. I have got 92 veg packets and 28 flowers packets. I so need some more. Still haven't got any swede seeds yet. Think I can hear the garden centre calling me.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I feel so inadequate.....................
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Probably only a couple of hundred packets, so I'm not going for an exact count.

I've changed my storage system: I've repurposed a couple of the wife's DVD archive boxes that she was throwing out. It works pretty well:

And I can lock the boxes in the event of any light-fingered gardening visitors...
                            Attached Files
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                              2015 - 265
                              2016 - 506
                              2017 - 543 (439 veg, 104 flowers)
                              Seeing as peeps are in seedy mode and it is piddling outside I thought I would do my annual count. (although I am a seed circle adrift not sure what is happening with that)

2018 - 572 (343 veg, 229 flowers)

Comment

• I'm burnt out after counting 193 tomatoes. There is no chance of me counting all the rest. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X