Clear All

I find it best not to count them
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
      Must be at least a hundred already in my collection
      Its a start...............

Comment

VC keeps more than that in her back pocket!
        Last edited by skeggijon; 20-10-2015, 05:26 PM.
        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I've kept my seed count fairly stable at 129 packets. Mind you I'm going to need a few more for 2016.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I find it easier not to count number of packets anymore - I count the number of full biscuit tins of seeds - currently 4, so it hasn't become a serious habit for me yet
            Last edited by skeggijon; 21-10-2015, 01:18 PM.
            What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
            Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I like to count both seed packets and biscuit tins. Seed packet numbers is somewhere in this thread. Biscuit tins is 4 and a half. And 2 empty, just waiting to be filled

Comment

Due to my well known mathematical stupidy I have 10 (if you include 2 thumbs) Oh and an extra large expandy folder with...well....10
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

About 55 packets in my seed drawer.
                  Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                    Can someone point me in the direction of seed-aholics anonymous?

As a rough count...................265! and I still keep looking at the VSP thinking 'oo, they sound nice!'
                    Seeing as I am gaining likes I better confess......................................My seed count in Jan was............................506. Yes and its all your fault

Comment

• You're getting better at this seed hoarding lark, NG

I saw summat the other day - a competition - and the prize was a Million seeds. Now that made me think - have I?
                      Have you?

Comment

• Just counted up the various tubs, magazines lying around living room with seeds still attached to cover, padded envelopes full of 'free gift' seeds for subscribing etc and it came to more than I expected! I'd thought I'll only have around 40+ packets but in this living room alone I have 113 And I know for a fact I have around another 20 or so packets at the allotment for sowing tomorrow when it's too wet for outside work!

Don't tell Neil - he'll throttle me if I even DARE to have any gaps on the allotment this year!

Seeds currently stored in one of those clear plastic hobby boxes with different compartments - not ideal really and I'll sort out something better soon.

Attached Files
                        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• I saw that competition too....what on earth would you do with a million seeds? And how could you check they haven't short-changed you!!!
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• I have 130... its only the start of my second year! :O

this thread was fun until I got to Lisa's comment about ebay job lots - now I am hooked on those! I'll be matching VCs proportions (well maybe NGs) before I know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              I find it best not to count them
                              Same here ive a few gardening friends that live locally and I made up "little seed parcels" to off load a few. I dropped some off a month or two ago and she texted "is this your full collection? Can I take what I want?"

Comment

• I did that with the Garden Club meeting in late March - took a load of flower and veggie seeds which I knew I wouldn't grow and they were snapped up at the end of the meeting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X