Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep count me in I used to be a rugby playing weightlifter up till my late 30s then just weightlifting up to my late fortys i,ve never been thin always a little overweight but very active, then through illness spent 11 months in bed but like a fool still ate the same and put on 8stone i,m now 59 (only just) i,m hoping the digging will help lose some fat and i have changed my eating habits (and it was just habitual), i need all the support i can get. i still suffer with dissabiling dizziness so exersize is limited to walking which i have been told to do for my heart and the doc gave me the OK for the lottie so now i am ready to go, i need to lose that 8 STONE

i hav,nt joined a weightloss program to embarrassed i suppose....
    Work like you don't need the money...
    Love like you,ve never been hurt...
    and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

Join us then - we're embarrassing even if you're NOT trying to lose weight!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

after a right nightmare phone call with my bank, I could kill a tube of Pringles. It's emotional eating ... you need to stop rewarding yourself with food, and view food as fuel if you're trying to lose weight.

I'm going to have my soup instead.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My soup was delish... but don't think the rest of my family would agree! And I've got another bowlful tomorrow

*wonders how long I will taste it for lol

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
            after a right nightmare phone call with my bank, I could kill a tube of Pringles. It's emotional eating ... you need to stop rewarding yourself with food, and view food as fuel if you're trying to lose weight...
            Why?

Surely the point would be not that you're having some Pringles as 'comfort', but that you're eating a tube full? Moderation is what's needed!
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I don't eat pringles since once readiing they tested the ingredients in huge quantities on animals... maybe that will put you off them and onto the soup?!

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                Why?
                cos they put drugs in Pringles to make you eat more
                Anyone who binges on food knows that you can't just eat in moderation ... you binge, even if you feel sick

If you could eat in moderation, you wouldn't be overweight
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                  If you could eat in moderation, you wouldn't be overweight
                  That is simplistic nonsense!

I'm overweight because I don't do enough physical 'work'. I do eat in moderation most of the time, but its easy as a relatively inactive middle-aged women who drinks to put on weight.

If you think that most people are going to lose weight and keep it off by talking about food as fuel then you're mistaken. For most people food is more than a fuel, the rituals that surround its eating testify to that!

You can't deny some foods taste better than others and for most people if eaten in moderation most foods are acceptable - its not like smoking.

A sensible approach to the amount of food we eat and what and when we eat is needed. You might be able to live on bowls of soup most people can't.
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

My downfall is the humble spud. Irish in me genes somewhere back there and I love potatoes. I cna't just have one - I have to have a mound of mash with butter on! I KNOW that's the problem so I try to have a little mash with not much butter - then I'm bitting all evening. I don't do nouvelle cuisine - mine's definitely pretty vieux (or is it vielle?)

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      My downfall is the humble spud. Irish in me genes somewhere back there and I love potatoes. I cna't just have one - I have to have a mound of mash with butter on! I KNOW that's the problem so I try to have a little mash with not much butter - then I'm bitting all evening. I don't do nouvelle cuisine - mine's definitely pretty vieux (or is it vielle?)
                      Oh that's one of my favourite Oirish dishes - a pile of mashed potato with a hole in the middle filled with melted butter... we have sausage and lentil thingy tonight (made it last night) and I suspect I'll now be serving it with said butter/potato mountain.

Thanks for the idea (and for the additional 12,000 calories)
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Soz. It's catching though innit? Anyone ever read 'The Meaning of Lif' by Douglas Adams, I think? He re-defines words. Laugh out loud book for me. My favourite is 'Peoria - the fear of peeling too few potatoes'. I suffer from that big-time!

Comment

I want in!
                          I need to lose about 3 stone. My problem is any kind of cheese and any kind of chocolate, it dosn't help working by an amazing deli(free samples!). I'm following the slimming world plan but not going to group. I'm not a veggie but eat very little meat so will be having mostly green days.
                          Menu for today:
                          B: 4 pieces of fruit, fat free yogurt and a latte
                          L: smoothie and pasta
                          D: Falafel and stir fry

Comment

The thing about Calories....

They taste soooo good!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Today (so far) no choccie. Porridge etc for breakfast. Ham salad roll (granary) for lunch. Baked pot with bacon & mushroom for dinner + salad. Lemon & passion fruit yogurt for "pud". Tomorrow - porridge, tuna salad roll (granary), potato soup (homemade with lots and of veggies). People do comfort eat. Love comfort food at this time of year - soups, stews, hot puds with custard. Summer time I mainly eat salads. When it is cold and miserable outside I want something hot and creamy and delish

Comment

I have been good today so far, I had two slices of toast for breakfast and my second coffe with 1 splenda sweetner, I then drove to the lottie and although couldnt dig as it was frozen I raked lots of leaves, sawed the sunflower stalks, sorted the strawberry bed, I only had one cup of coffe while there and no biscuits or anything, For lunch I had a small jacket potato with baked beans no butter or marge and one coffee. Tea will be pizza as grandson is here for tea and its his favourite I will have salad with it.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X