This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Hilary, I am not going to go on any more. You will lose the weight if you really want to.
    Don't worry about it. Moaning helps me concentrate<g>
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
      ... There must BE an answer to my weight problem, it just isn't the same (in detail) as anyone else's, and I haven't found it yet ...
      I think we're related Hilary. Some people find it easier than others. I don't find it easy, apart from Atkins, but then OH won't stick to it. With me it's a case of willpower (or lack of it), and the fact that I can't survive on small portions - I've always been a big eater.

This morning I went to the nearest Gym, and asked about membership. I can't afford it, but I have the time, and luckily they don't tie you in to a yearly membership, just monthly! There's a pool (not that I'd be seen dead in a cossie right now) and a Sauna and even comlimentary soft drinks.

Anyway, I've decided to go on Monday for an assessment (the Computer will probably PISL) and sign up. Haven't told OH 'coz of the money, but it's only £20 a month for a midweek membership. If I go M/W/F (I have work on Tu/Th at the mo) at least I'll be making an effort, and hopefully when work pics up I'll be better able to take it on!

Watch this space... lol!

(If only I was really that confident .)
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• b - weetabix
        l - honey flapjack [well, half of one], and an omelette, salad and chips [I left most of the chips - honest].
        d - noodles with onion, pepper and home made curry sauce.

We had a long long drive to Ashford and back to pick up a drawing board for the new office/garden room...and the lunch was in the local pub to the man we picked it up from.
        Last edited by zazen999; 07-02-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Best of luck Glutton!. My biggest problem is OH as well (Atkins works for me, but can only do it while on my own, etc) That said, I have hopes that as the weather improves I will manage to eat less, do more and relax more. Tiredness IS often the immediate problem (but recognising the difference BEFORE you eat is the tricky bit), but with summer comes the option of low calorie, high-filling, tasty snacks (fresh fruit is great, salad stuff too).

Comment

• b - weetabix
            l - pea and leek soup [homemade]
            d - roasty dinner

Comment

• Yesterday:
              b - weetabix
              l - home made spag sauce with spag
              d - rice, lentil dhal [home made], felafel and halloumi

today:
              b - weetabix
              l - other half of the spag sauce from yesterday
              d - jacket spud with egg mayo.

Comment

• I am ok with breakfast and lunch but its the evening meal I struggle with, We have vegetables with most meals, chips are only once a week, as OH is vegetarian everything is soya or quorn, with rice or pasta and sometimes potatoes, I only have a small amount we dont have puddings except when we have visitors. I try not to eat biscuits crisps or cakes in between meals, I am longing to be able to get to the allotment for exercise as I dont do enough. I walk into town as its not far, but not every day.
                Loosing weight just doesnt happen to me and I need to loose some, I am a size 14/16 and weigh over 12 stone. I have a hospital appointment today and will know my weight as I will be weighed.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

• Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                  I am ok with breakfast and lunch but its the evening meal I struggle with, We have vegetables with most meals, chips are only once a week, as OH is vegetarian everything is soya or quorn, with rice or pasta and sometimes potatoes, I only have a small amount we dont have puddings except when we have visitors. I try not to eat biscuits crisps or cakes in between meals, I am longing to be able to get to the allotment for exercise as I dont do enough. I walk into town as its not far, but not every day.
                  Loosing weight just doesnt happen to me and I need to loose some, I am a size 14/16 and weigh over 12 stone. I have a hospital appointment today and will know my weight as I will be weighed.
                  Where do you keep that weight at that size?

When I was far-from-overweight, I was a size 12 (14 for some styles) and my weight was 8 stone (stayed like that from about 15 until I got pregnant, at 24)

These days, I weigh a LOT more. If I could get down to 11 stone I would be delighted. Got a feeling it isn't going to happen (and of course that makes it all the more likely that it won't).

Comment

• I'm another one that just can't seem to find a weight loss solution. I was always skinny until I had children and no matter what diet I try it just doesn't seem to work for me and I get really down and depressed when it doesn't.

I tried going to a slimming world class but I'd turn up having had a book perfect week to find I'd stayed the same or just managed to lose half a pound whilst others who had been out to the pub and eaten all the wrong things would have lost 4 or 5 pounds, it really upset me so I stopped going.

Over a year ago I decided to set my self a challenge and that was to join a group walking part of the Great Wall of China in March of this year to raise funds for the Charity I work for. I thought with over a year to prepare I'd be bound to get fit and thinner. I joined a gym, try to get over there at least 3 times a week but still I'm lucky if I've lost more than a few punds in that year. I do feel a little fitter but I'm now only about 6 or 7 weeks away from my quest, haven't managed the gym for the last week or so because first our office was burgled and they stole the charities laptop so I've had extra work to do trying to get back up to date and then I went and caught a horrible cold ending in a cough that will hardly let me breathe let alone exercise.

If I suddenly stop appearing on here after 1st week in April you'll know I didn't make it.

Comment

• WELL DONE TWOSHEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really bad day yesterday after losing my bag etc I was eatin anything and everything I could get my hands on. Greedy pig.

Pitta with grated leskol cheese and cucumber for lunch, porridge for brekkie, quorn stew for tea.

Comment

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                        WELL DONE TWOSHEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really bad day yesterday after losing my bag etc I was eatin anything and everything I could get my hands on. Greedy pig.

Pitta with grated leskol cheese and cucumber for lunch, porridge for brekkie, quorn stew for tea.
                        I like the idea of quorn stew can you post the recipe
                        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                        and ends with backache

Comment

• Originally posted by SMS6 View Post
                          I'm another one that just can't seem to find a weight loss solution. I was always skinny until I had children and no matter what diet I try it just doesn't seem to work for me and I get really down and depressed when it doesn't.

I tried going to a slimming world class but I'd turn up having had a book perfect week to find I'd stayed the same or just managed to lose half a pound whilst others who had been out to the pub and eaten all the wrong things would have lost 4 or 5 pounds, it really upset me so I stopped going.

Over a year ago I decided to set my self a challenge and that was to join a group walking part of the Great Wall of China in March of this year to raise funds for the Charity I work for. I thought with over a year to prepare I'd be bound to get fit and thinner. I joined a gym, try to get over there at least 3 times a week but still I'm lucky if I've lost more than a few punds in that year. I do feel a little fitter but I'm now only about 6 or 7 weeks away from my quest, haven't managed the gym for the last week or so because first our office was burgled and they stole the charities laptop so I've had extra work to do trying to get back up to date and then I went and caught a horrible cold ending in a cough that will hardly let me breathe let alone exercise.

If I suddenly stop appearing on here after 1st week in April you'll know I didn't make it.
                          The biggest help possible to a 'can't lose the weight' person is knowing that we are not alone! I think we need a 'desperate dietters' group (but I don't know how to set one up)<g>

Comment

• Raining again, so no outdoor exercise today. Instead, I did some squats to tone up my flabby thighs, which is where I store my weight.
                            -------
                            toast, latte x2, couscous x2. I make it with lots of diced veggies, beans & flavoured with soy sauce & chilli

I am really hungry right now ... I could kill some buttery toast, but will have an apple instead. If I'm still starving at 4pm I'll have some toast.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              I am really hungry right now ... I could kill some buttery toast, but will have an apple instead. If I'm still starving at 4pm I'll have some toast.
                              I have a hot drink (tea works well for me) - I've got the attention span of a gnat, so by the time that I've gone thought the ritual of making a cuppa, I've had my mind taken off being hungry.

That and I normally mistake hunger pangs for thirst too, so a hot drink sorts that out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                                The biggest help possible to a 'can't lose the weight' person is knowing that we are not alone! I think we need a 'desperate dietters' group (but I don't know how to set one up)<g>

So right Hilary - unfortunately I don't know how to set up a desperate dieters group either - nor how to tackle the problem

I really do try to eat healthily and feel if I went on any stricter diet than I've tried in the past or try to stick to every day all I'd do is make myself ill and miserable.

So I guess I'll just shift this cough and get back over to that Gym. I also hope to do some long training walks over the next few weeks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X