Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost 3½lbs in the last 2 days (after getting nowhere since Christmas). Hope it doesn't come straight back!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• I can finally start posting!!!
      Yesterday:~B.F.Yoghurt with honey & meusli.
      L.Poached egg on toast and an apple.
      D.Roast chicken,steamed veggies & a couple of roasties.
      2x snacks....1 licquorice stick.& 1 handful of mixed nuts & raisins.
      Brisk walk to the lottie(and back!)(not sure how far it is but takes about 10 mins at a speedy stomp!)

Well Done Hilary!!!
      Last edited by di; 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM.
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• b - weetabix
        l - onion, courgette, quorn and rice
        d - no idea as I'm off out to dinner with a friend - but it's an Italian place so should be able to stick to pasta - possibly bruchetta at some point as I love it. No pudding though.

Welcome Andi&Di
        Last edited by zazen999; 05-02-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Annoyed at the microwave breaking and Mr T not delivering, so I've just had a plate of chips! Oven chips aren't quite the same though are they...
          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Porridge, jacket & beans, pie & mash. 1 hour housework for exercise.
            I haven't weighed myself recently, but my belly spludge (muffin top) is less than it was.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• OK, here goes. I've got to make a start soon haven't I!?

B: Scrambled Eggs on Toast.
              L: Cereal/nut bar thinggy, then One piece bread, butter & Marmite later coz I was hungry.
              D: Lamb Casserole, new pots and loads of veg, hopefully ready soon or I'll eat this keyboard.

Mucked out four stables, walked dog three times (short walks) rest of the day laundry/housework
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Glutton, a cereal/nut bar thinggy is not a meal!!!!
                If you don't eat real food you will be starving by teatime and eat whole chocolate cakes!!
                Tx

Comment

• Yay - somebody reads my drivel!

I know it's not a meal, but I was in a rush and just grabbed it 'en-route' which is why I was hungry later. I did the same this morning, then when I got back in I ate the leftover yorkie-puds that were in the fridge.

Having said that, it was one of those natural nut and yoghurt bars with no added chemicals/e numbers/carp in, just proper food. As were the yorkie-puds.

I'm not very good at this dieting thing am I?

However, I will make more of an effort from now on - thanks for the reprimand!

Comment

• Not reprimanding anyone - but welcome Glutton!

b - weetabix
                    l - no fat oven chips and cottage cheese again [had to use the cottage cheese up]
                    d - yippee - it's the OH's chilli tonight with rice.

Comment

• slimming class cancelled due to weather.

Not been so good this week so will give me an extra week to work at thimgs. This cold weather makes me want to hibernate with stodgy food

Comment

• Hmm - good thing I've been good the rest of the week. Today was our monthly village Cake Club - I started it - can't complain - so you've got to eat a piece ot two haven't you? Tonight - Choral Society - I bake biscuits for our cuppa every few weeks. Still, gets the pigging out over with in one go!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• OK after the bad start, I decided to have a small portion of Beans on Toast for lunch. It's a childhood favourite of mine, but I don't have it often.

So, Beans in pan on stove. Bread in toaster. I then decided to have a lovely fresh poached egg on top. I always cheat and microwave them in a mug with a dribble of water to stop it sticking. Guess what...

BANG! I had forgotten to pierce the yolk .

After that I then spent the next half an hour cleaning the Microwave.

Yes, fresh eggs are better all round - they make an even better mess than the old shop-bought ones! Grrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            What are you eating?
                            How big are your portions?

Mr Sheds lost half a stone without even trying ... I got him to eat apples instead of cheese as a snack, and swapped Fat Coke for Diet Coke (I know! but he won't drink water)
                            I fill his plate with veggies (hidden, like a child because he hates greens) beans & pulses. I cut the fat off his meat and he doesn't have burgers/sausages anymore.

He still eats too much - he doesn't seem to register real hunger, he just eats out of habit. He will say he is peckish just half an hour after a big meal
                            He isn't, his teeth are just bored.

If I put a big plate in front of him, he eats it all.
                            If I put a smaller plate in front of him, he eats it all (and doesn't notice he has had less food)

thanks, Two Sheds - I love veg but love filling up with carbs too. I've taken your guidance about portions, now I'm using a smaller plate.
                            Last edited by maytreefrannie; 05-02-2009, 09:44 PM.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Weighed myslf today for the first time in a couple of weeks and found I have lost a few pounds - 5 in fact.
                              I have been careful with portions and trying not to snack between meals, but didn't think I was getting anywhere. Feel a bit more positive now 13st 10lb now.
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

• Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                                Weighed myslf today for the first time in a couple of weeks and found I have lost a few pounds - 5 in fact.
                                Yay!
                                slow and steady, that'll keep the weight off long-term
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X