This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
    I'm still eating as much as ever; it doesn't seem much at the time, but then it is. Any ideas, anyone?
    What are you eating?
    How big are your portions?

Mr Sheds lost half a stone without even trying ... I got him to eat apples instead of cheese as a snack, and swapped Fat Coke for Diet Coke (I know! but he won't drink water)
    I fill his plate with veggies (hidden, like a child because he hates greens) beans & pulses. I cut the fat off his meat and he doesn't have burgers/sausages anymore.

He still eats too much - he doesn't seem to register real hunger, he just eats out of habit. He will say he is peckish just half an hour after a big meal
    He isn't, his teeth are just bored.

If I put a big plate in front of him, he eats it all.
    If I put a smaller plate in front of him, he eats it all (and doesn't notice he has had less food)
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• A lot of for me is boredom, when at home with 'nothing' to do. If I am 'busy' then I eat less.

I use the ' ' round the words cos as a mum I never have nothing to do and am always busy but you get what I mean, lol. And the kitchen living etc is now all open plan so much more of a temptation than having to go to another room.

I try to buy only healthy stuff but OH and the my 4 year old complain. They are both skinny as whippets so they do get to eat more unhealthy stuff than me. My son loves those humzingers and fruit strings and apples so that's good. OH just likes biscuits and chocolate.

Comment

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
        I try to buy only healthy stuff but OH and the my 4 year old complain.
        It certainly helps if you share the same meals. A bit of a nightmare otherwise, if you aren't strict with yourself.
        I have a stash of sweeties for Little One, but they are hidden from Mr Sheds, and I only buy her things that I don't like - I just can't have Maltesers or Doritoes in the house

Comment

• I already cook twice as I am the only veggie in the house. Maybe we all need separate cupboards with locks on? lol

Or a magic willpower drug?

Comment

• b - weetabix
            l - macaroni with onions and fresh tomatoes [and some cheese and 2 slices of brown bread - had a hunger on]
            d - Tractor boys' tomato and borlotti soup

Comment

• Do you not snack at all Zaazen?

I find I have to.

Comment

Do you not snack at all Zaazen? I find I have to.
                That might be your problem then
                I don't snack; I don't feel the need. I eat if I'm hungry, not if I'm bored. If I'm bored, I've trained myself to find something to do with my hands

Comment

Do you not snack at all Zaazen?

I find I have to.
                  Nope - not at the moment! I have the odd breakaway biscuit if I need to add the obligatory slimming world sins but I build up to that as a pudding with a cuppa after dinner.

If I REALLY need something, I have fruit...and make myself have it rather than anything else lovely in the fridge.

that's the beauty of Slimming World over WW.. it allows you treats which helps to keep you going.

Comment

• I am joining this thread rather late, although I started losing before Christmas.
                    I think the thing with snacking is to be in the right mindset. You tell yourself (quite sternly) that the whole point is to lose weight to be slim and lovely, and that scoffing anything other than meals is counterproductive. I do not believe in the traditional 'diet'. Zazen's way is my way. Eat sensibly, don't starve, but the first rule HAS to be no food between meals.
                    I didn't eat a single chocolate or mince pie or pud over Christmas. (God I am soooo self-rightously smug!!) I did get stuck at a certain weight for a couple of weeks but I think I am back on track now. I never used to feel full, I think that was my main weight issue. Now, after a couple of months of eating properly, I realise when I am full and stop.
                    I used to be terrible for picking and eating the children's leftovers, I could eat a whole packet of biscuits in one go.
                    It is a mindset, once you get that, I think the rest should be easy (ish).

p.s. I am wearing a pair or jeans that I couldn't do up last summer - and they are loose!!!
                    Tx

Comment

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                      Lol! I'd like to join in too, but I think its the red wine I drink, and how much I eat!
                      Same here - my weight has rocketed since Mr E's asthma took a dislike to red wine, leaving me to either finish the bottle myself or give it up too

I had intended to start the diet last month, but back-to-work blues and then a cold put paid to my willpower. Last week I made a start by cutting out coffee and sugary snacks, and not having drinks on work nights, but it's going to be a long hard slog back to a sensible weight

Roll on spring, when I can get some exercise on the lottie!

Comment

• Snacking is not necessarily a problem, IF your snacks are healthy, AND you eat less at meal times to compensate. If you eat the same amount of food in the day, you will actually do better if you eat more often, because each time you eat, it burns off some calories to digest what you eat.
                        3 meals and 2 allocated snacks, is actually a very good approach, but whatever the plan, stick to it properly! (says she who can't!!)
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• I use my snacks with my weight watchers points. You an earn points for eating or not as you prefer by doing extra exersize.

The trouble is at certain times of the day or month I seem to crave things that normally I can train myself to take or leave.

Comment

• AND certain people (yes, you SBP!) don't help by posting delicious sounding fruit cake recipes!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• b - weetabix
                              l - oven cooked home made chips [no fat], no fat cottage cheese and 2 slices of brown bread.
                              d - jacket spud.

[that's the second day in a row I've had the same starchy base lunch and dinner - 2 pastas yesterday and 2 potatoes today - whoops - must do better].
                              Last edited by zazen999; 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• 30 min bike into town.
                                Porridge, toast, jacket spud & hummous. The cycling is making me hungrier, but I'm still not tempted to pig out (though I did have a beer last night)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X