Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had no snacks this morning (quite an achievement from the way I've bene going lately). Had 2 slices rasin toast with half fat spred for brekkie. Feeling good.... Know I will be able to have a glass of wine later

Comment

I remember my Mum always told us we had to eat everything on the plate, there were starving people in the world. She never would send my hated fried liver out to them though . They would have been welcome to it, especially when it turned up cold for breakfast the next day. Never could understand why she did that, she always gave in before I did .

I've tried to avoid that with my kids, only eat what you are hungry for, and I am battling the idea that I need to clear my plate, especially if OH dishes up
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I weighed in last night at my meeting and had lost a pound. Not bad considering my comfort eating on Wednesday, and I was good and tracked everything (even the bits i didn't want to admit to!)

Comment

I was brought up to clear my plate ' starving children...' too. Trouble is, I'd clear everyone's plate! My Nan was a fab cook, my Mum is a fab cook, I'm not a bad cook - and I married a Chef doomed to failure then, really!

My Mum found a Christmas present she'd forgotten to give me, so brought it round this morning - a gift pack of Green & Black's miniatures - AAAArgh - I've only eaten two, but the rest are shouting at me from the cupboard lol

Had dinner out with friends last night, and I'm ashamed to say I had dessert - it was horrible. But the evening was fun, and I was surprised that my trousers weren't as tight as the last time I wore them about six weeks ago, so I think cutting down drastically on the booze is helping.

Off to have the last portion of Curried Parsnip Soup now - then making another batch. Can't remember who's recipe it was (on here) but I can recommend it to all!
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 16-01-2009, 02:32 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

This 'clear your plate' message was a popular one with us baby-boomers. For my first 3 years of life I had a ration book. That made people very aware of the scareceness and value of their food. No throwing stuff away.
            Sadly this leaves people of my generation unable to leave or throw away food. Very bad for our figures.

When I get my hens I can encourage them to eat up my excess maybe?
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Today:
              b - weetabix
              l - still deciding - possibly last night's chilli leftover's with fresh rice [I know it's nearly 2pm but i got up later than usual]
              d - veg soup - onions, leeks, celery, courgette, home saved beans and brocolli - on the hob as we speak

Comment

Today here -
                b - fruit yoghurt
                l - Slice of toast with my version of Cullen Skink - soup with spud, leeks and a bit of left over smoked salmon - gosh it makes me feel posh having left over smoked salmon!
                d - I shall trash it all tonight as we're off to the pub for a meal with friends - belated birthday meal.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day but actually I DO give a damn!)
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Today breakfast was a banana and handful of nuts, lunch homemade carrot & coriander soup with 2 slices of bread - Friday evenings are takeaway evenings in our house and OH would leave home if I denied him ..... can I have Friday's off please???

seriously though, I will have the takeaway but only eat half ... and be good for the restof the weekend.
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

AAAHHHH! My work colleague is not helping! I work as a home carer and work with a partner, I drive Today I stop to go get pills from chemist for a client she nips in to shop next door to put n lotto and comes out with a bar of choc, offers no says I that was fine, doing the tea run one client asks me to go to chippy, she never takes full portion an unless grand daughter is planning to visit offers rest to us, I had about 6 chips, colleague keeps offering me more I keep saying no! go to another person who has a small gateau she tells us to have a slice, we've not got time(often have a cuppa with this lady but running behind tonight) take a piece home she says I'll only need to throw it out, colleague takes a piece and offers me again again I say no take a piece for HB then no I says it wont hurt her not to have and I ont really want sit and watch her eat cake(HB's not overkeen on cake)
                    Asked her a couple of times just not to bother offering as that would help, fell on deaf ears though!!

Comment

I found some Xmas biscuits in the cupboard I had a bite, and threw the rest out for the birds
                      Porridge
                      Pasta & peas x 2
                      50 min walk to pub before dinner & 25 min cycle to shops
                      A good day ... already my legs feel tighter, less flubby
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

2 lattes, Eggs on Toast, Pasta & Beans. One glass wine (large). 30 min cycle to lotty. Not hungry, feeling positive. The fresh air & exercise helped
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

b - weetabix
                          l - bubble and squeek with vege hot dogs x 2
                          d - pasta with home made sauce.

I could murder 2 lattes!!! GIMMME.

Comment

breckie..2 shredded wheat splash of semi skimmed
                            lunch..ham on brown
                            dinner..tuna pasta
                            Is it just me but does all low fat spreads taste like creamed plastic?, and does half fat cheese mean less than half the taste????
                            Last edited by slabbit; 17-01-2009, 07:05 PM.
                            Work like you don't need the money...
                            Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                            and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

I've done ok today as been so usy running after the poory ones I forgot about my urge to snack!

eggy raisin toast (had been up since 5 with my little poorly boy) so needed it.
                              2 pieces www bread, low fat spread and marmite and frazzles
                              last night pasta bake

and got a small g&t but that's medicinal for stress.....

Comment

I'm not even going to say what I have eaten over the last 24 hours Total disaster my only defence is that I was working all night and just have to eat rubbish I weighed myself and I am ashamed to say I have put on over a stone depending where I place the scales
                                Last edited by jackie j; 17-01-2009, 07:34 PM.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X