This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    Our local council have recently started a food waste collection service - you have a little caddy in the kitchen that all food scraps go into (cooked and uncooked - including meats/bones etc). It soon hit home to us just how much food we were wasting.
    We have had these for a while now but I have got two, I bought one from a cheap shop just a normal similar shaped container with a lid that seals, in the council one goes all the cooked food and in the other one goes everything else that I can put into my compost bin at the lottie .

By the way our coucil now takes plastic bottles as well as the milk containers eg lemonade, coke etc.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
      We have had these for a while now but I have got two, I bought one from a cheap shop just a normal similar shaped container with a lid that seals, in the council one goes all the cooked food and in the other one goes everything else that I can put into my compost bin at the lottie .

By the way our coucil now takes plastic bottles as well as the milk containers eg lemonade, coke etc.
      As I haven't been able to get to the plot for a while, the lottie caddy has been out of action for a while.

Councils seem to be getting better - ours now take milk/drinks cartons, deodorant cans, fruit punnets (sans fruit of course).

Our "normal" bin is almost redundant.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Portion out-of-control here! If we eat the recommended portion we're snacking by 9.00 p.m. Evening is the temptation time for us - especially if I've made a loaf. You just HAVE to have the crust don't you? Also the vino - we both love red wine. Trying now to have it just at weekends. Over Christmas, well, it's holidays innit?

If I have to report here what I'm having I will have to be strong and not have 'a bit of supper' and suffer the shame of public confession!

Already changed dinner tonight - we're having salmon - might have the veg curry tomorrow night.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have been overweight but very fit for years, weighing a good eleven stone. But miles of exercise a day with the dogs(at least five miles) has kept my weight steady and my appetite keen!!
          Just before Christmas I developed a nasty belly complaint which is very painful and has devastated my appetite to a slice of dry toast, a few spoonsful of veg. and lentil soup and half a baked spud a day with numerous cups of peppermint or blackberry tea.
          The anti-biotics and pain killers meant no alcohol whatsoever, which I must say (surprisingly!) doesn't bother me. BUT I have lost 10lbs at least with no effort except feeling poorly.
          Can this be the start of a slim and youthful me? I doubt it. As soon as I am feeling fit again it'll be back to the man-size portions I dare say!!
          I don't think there is anything wrong with weighing a stone or so extra as long as you exercise and keep fit.

Comment

I'll join in to, have already started and lost 5lbs this week, problem is as I work shifts by the time i get in from a day shift cant be bothered cooking or not having long to get something ready on a late shift, have started to batch cook meals on my days off so its easy to heat up have banned chocolate and crisps from the house, get a pack of biscuits for HB to have in packed lunch, but pick up ones I don't like,
            I have a lot to lose, not telling you lot how much as its scary but will let you know how much I am losing each week

Comment

I will join in - as soon as I'm ready! I never think January is a good time to start - too many goodies left to get rid of! But we have stopped drinking alcohol during the week and I am creaking my way back to the gym.

After losing a decent amount of weight I became a consultant for one of popular weight loss clubs in order to keep the weight off - successfully for many years, so I know the theory - it's just putting it into practice these days which is difficult.

But if you reduce the amount you eat too much, you can slow your metabolism and make it harder to lose weight. So a good trick is to add plenty of veg to fill you up and give your body plenty to work on while you reduce the more calorie laden goodies and of course it's really good for you all round. Or like Two Sheds have a bowl of veg soup. As a starter or when you get in from work while you're getting the evening meal ready - you'll be much less hungry by the time you get to your meal. Then the Paul McKenna bit comes in, eat more slowly so that your body has time to send you the 'I'm full' message. I'm sure that I've finished my meal a good 10 minutes before the message reaches my brain!
              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                I'm going to make an attempt to join in, but I know from past experience that I have to exercise too, or I just don't stick to it. Couple of weeks, and hopefully I'll be getting physio

I'm not putting what I've had today, suffice to say it explains why I might have gained some weight...
                I will join in too in a weeks time and if i put down what i have eaten today, it will make some people feel ill

Good luck everyone
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I have a Nintendo DS hand held games console and I`ve just brought My health coach game for it. You get a pedometer with it and at the end of the day you download how many steps you have walked ( 6000 minimum needed a day). It gives you daily chalenges, put in what food you`ve eaten and it turns them into miles, I`ve done the equivalent of 27 miles in 3 days, thats a marathon!!!!
                  We also have a wii fit board which is a great laugh when we all play the games on it together. You should see my OH when he`s trying to spin his hula-hoop and trying to snowboard.
                  I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Well thats my diet out of the window for today, just finished off the last two mincepies with oodles of clotted cream mmmmmmmmmmmm
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

my son got a wii fit for his birthday last week and its brill,
                      i would like to join this too,
                      so i think im going to have to figure out how to use it,
                      oh and stop drinking wine and eating choccies, and crisps,
                      and cakes, and pringles,
                      VEG FOR ME FROM NOW ON,
                      wii, here i come

Comment

I'm trying to resist the fresh loaf down in the kitchen. This time of night is the worst for me, more likely to snack now than at any other time of day.
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          Ok. I'll start.

I would like to lose a stone by Easter.

I'm on Slimming World, and a vege...so all Green days.

I've been quite good thus far, keeping to the restrictions. But I have a love of chocolate and cheese.

Today's menu;
                          b - weetabix and milk
                          l - leftover quorn and chick pea curry and rice
                          d - jacket spud with either leek and cheese filling and salad or sweetcorn and cheese and salad.
                          Im on slimming world as well, weigh in tonight. I was on it before christmas as well and over christmas and new year i only put 1 pound on, hooray and so i am hoping this week i will have been very good and at least lost that pound lol
                          Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Hooray! Weighed myself this morning and I'm back to the pre-Christmas weight. Mind you, that's half a stone more than I want to be. I'm 5 ft 9" and weight twelve and a half stone - would settle for 12. At New Year I was 4 lb over so I can lose 4 lb in a fortnight by that reckoning.

Resisted snack time last night by having 2 clementines and a slack handful of red grapes.

Have you noticed that the recommended daily intake is often in handfuls? I remember seeing some info for parents about portions which included the instruction that their primary school children should have 'a small handful' of peas or sweetcorn. I wonder how many blistered parental hands there were after that? What ever happened to the table spoon?
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Right I will join in but I read the first few posts and started drooling!!! I will post tonight what Ive had!
                              Tammy x x x x
                              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

I have resisted chcolate so far today, just had 2 tangerines instead. And had 30g porridge for brekkie with skimmed milk and sweetner. (thats normal brekie for me though).
                                Done school run, power walked on way home, took no notice of strange looks as I waddled down the road with an empty buggy (toddlie at childminders), and have done so far 40mins of light digging - not going to overdo it.
                                Might walk to pick the toddly up at 12, so can do more power walking, depends on how cold I am!

janeyo

lunch was homemade fatfree onion soup (that shold keep most things away for a while lol) and 2 slices weightwatchers bread.
                                Last edited by janeyo; 14-01-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X