Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Im in too. Weighed self at work today. Weigh 14 1. An improvement on 14 4 a few weeks ago!!
    So far today I have had 2 slice toast, butter and honey at 6.30 this morning, then 2 slice toast and marg on tea break at 11.00. Have had a few cups water and 2 black coffees (each with 2 sugars)
    Want to get to a healthy 12 stone by July, trying very hard not to snack between meals and keep portion sizes a bit smaller while still eating what I enjoy.
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      Soz. It's catching though innit? Anyone ever read 'The Meaning of Lif' by Douglas Adams, I think? He re-defines words. Laugh out loud book for me. My favourite is 'Peoria - the fear of peeling too few potatoes'. I suffer from that big-time!
      I bought that book for my son years ago, it's brilliant What would help me to diet is if I find a Grimsby in my pie

A Grimsby is one of those horrible gristly pieces of stuff often found in bought meat pies (if my memory serves me right)
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Hmmm, I should join in too really but have absolutely no willpower. I need to lose 1.5stone or a bit more - I sit at a desk allll day and in this weather dont do much in the evenings other than standing in the kitchen, reading or cross stitching so I guess my real downfall is not getting exercise. Not a problem in the summer when I can get out and about, walking and working on the lottie but this time of year ..... I think I have that SAD disease as well.

Also, I cant resist red wine and gin (not in the same glass thankfully), potatoes and bread ... and live with a confirmed carnivore so eating too much healthy soup and the like isnt much of an option. Oh dear, am I a lost cause already!

Today I had a banana for breakfast, home made egg mayo roll for lunch, and will make pasta tonight with tinned mackerel, brocolli and beans - very healthy you say, but it will have to have lots of cheesy sauce on for OH...
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I've been a Weight Watcher for about 7 years. Got to goal (11st 6) in a year (54lbs in 54 weeks), and stayed at goal for two years, but slowly slowly its creeping back on.

I actually help out with the weighing at my meeting, which keeps me going every week, but I do feel hypocritical some times when I'm talking to members at the scales.

Having said all that, I started Tracking my points again really seriously last week and this, and in one week lost 3.5 lbs (positive start) - then today I was in floods of tears at work by 8.10am and ended up eating two small dairy milks (think they are 7 points each aren't they?) I don't know why I do it to myself, I only regret it straight after.
          Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 14-01-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

There's always a choice to be made. When you look at that slice of cheese, glass of wine, bar of choc ask yourself what do you want the most, to eat the cheese or lose the weight?
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

The trouble is, we're all far too rich!! If we were poor we wouldn't have to use will-power to resist food, we wouldn't have any food to resist!!

Comment

So how many cals are there in booze?

I didnt put any weight on over xmas, but i havent been well for the last 6 months and couldnt exercise so i put on nearly a stone which i am trying to get rid of again. Problem is i am a little obsessive, gym 5/6 times a week heavy cal burn then i forget to eat which isnt good for me.

Yesterday i had a packet of crisps (big eats) for lunch and two cheese sarnies at 5, went to the gym, came home and had a glass of wine and three beers in the evening....that was it!! I just forgot. How many cals was that for the day then, probably not enought aye?!

Comment

Fell by the wayside (slightly) at our Britain in Bloom meeting, at which I was offered a shortbread biscuit. Well, it would have been rude to refuse!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have been on the diet about a year ago. I did not go on any programme. Basically I stopped eating anything sweet and no food after 7:00pm. It worked really well, I lost about 2 pounds a week. In total I lost 1 and 1/2 stones in a few months.

However the down side of losing weight is that you can put them back on a lot quicker. So you have to watch what you eat all the time - which is a pain.

Comment

I am a binge eater ... I can't have trigger foods in the house (crisps, choccies etc) or else I eat the lot. Mr S is the same, but with cheese. We don't deprive ourselves ... we are inventive enough to make the best of healthy ingredients to make tasty, nutritious meals.

I don't live on soup every day ... just when I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Today I had pasta, veg & hummous for dinner, and cereal bars for lunch (was on the hoof). I got a lift into town and made myself walk home (90 mins). My knees ache a little, and it was really cold, but it made me feel good, to be exercising in the fresh air.
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 15-01-2009, 07:55 PM.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well, I've been away for 2 days, and to get a free hotel I did a mystery visit - which mean having a bar snack and a 3 course meal. Luckily, the restaurant offered salad as a starter, salad with the nut roast and I ignored the chocolate fudge cake and went with fruit salad. the bar snack was nachos...but I only ate enough to make a small dent in the bowl. They were lovely though.

so, in total:
                        yesterday:
                        b - weetabix
                        l - veg sosmix roll and a cereal bar
                        snack - too few nachos
                        d - mozzarella salad, nut roast with salad, fruit salad.
                        Had to have a glass of wine as part of the job [groan] so had a merlot [woe is me]

today
                        b - weetabix
                        l - cheese sandwich on brown and a can of diet coke
                        d - veg chilli and rice, with a smattering of cheddar grated on top.

I think I was exceptionally good in going with the salads yesterday - I'm quite proud.
                        Last edited by zazen999; 15-01-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

started today, but the first day is always easy
                          breakie....2 wheatabix semi skimmed cow juice
                          walk to the lottie 20 mins started clearing for shed base, walk home
                          lunch....2 pink lady apples (love em) cup of tea.
                          dinner...chicken curry bassmati rice
                          Work like you don't need the money...
                          Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                          and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

MMMMM Cheese and red wine - terrible!
                            I'm doing the ww core plan - eat as much as you like from a list of healthy foods
                            I'm trying a bit of the paul mckenna sit on your hands in between mouthfuls as well
                            I think cutting down on my drinking has helped immensley .....but why is it so easy to put on - xmas etc and so hard to lose - Walked 5 miles with the dog today doing that nordic walking to expend as much energy as i coud - just glad no one saw me i looked like a madwoman !
                            off to check out the times link now cheers two sheds

Comment

Today
                              Breakfast Toast with olive spread and marmalade coffe semi skimmed milk sweetner
                              Lunch Bowl of tomato soup 2 ryvita one slice of bread no spread glass of water
                              No snacks Coffee
                              Tea 2 Mexican bean burgers small amount cauli and broccoli cheese and Pasta
                              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                nachos...but I only ate enough to make a small dent in the bowl.
                                Atta girl! Such willpower. It's really hard to just have a few of something, when things come in such big packs these days.

If I fancy some Doritoes, I will now buy just one small bag, not the better value family bag ... have a few then throw the rest away. My brain tells me not to waste food (think of the starving African children), but then the extra 11 lbs on my hips isn't saving any Africans either
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X