Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been pricking out , potting on, sowing seeds, dumping stuff that hasn't germinated, weeding, pruning, cleaning. Loads to do.
    Had to move some toms to the gh today.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Bramble leave out some fleece so your grandson can cover your toms if the temps drop.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cleared out the tubs at the front now the foliage has died down. Divided a Gazania, never done it before, so hope I've not been too ruthless! Weeded by the side of the shed.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Set up the cold frame for hardening off plants.
          Added dalek compost to what will be my brassica bed.

Comment

• Today is a warm day & my plants don’t know what that is,I went supermarket shop with mum at half past two,before I left I went out to the blowaway to check plants ok,my little pepper plants were wilting in the heat,I took all the peppers & tomato plants out & left them in the shade on the patio so they could get a breeze,it’s only about twenty one degrees but the blowaways more like forty degrees. I’m going to water everything & put them all back in the blowaway for the night in a minute

Comment

• Shuffled more things outside to get others from gh.
              Some potting on.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Yesterday I potted up more erigeron, repotted lots of blueberries, hoed around the broad beans and started repositioning the courtyard pots.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Weeding between the paving stones, but it's a real struggle now I can't kneel. Any tips?

Comment

• You can get long-handled gadgets for weeding between slabs so you can do it standing up but I can't testify as to whether they're any good as I've never used one.

I do have one of those kneeling stools that you can either sit on or turn over & use the legs as a handle to help you get back up (Xmas gift from OH) & I've found that really useful. As with all things you can spend lots of money on them but mine was under £20 & is decent quality with a handy little bag on the side for hand tools - hopefully I've managed to attach the link to the model I have (other retailers are available and all that jazz - I don't know if this is where OH bought it from)
                    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystals-Po...0f61f21749a130

Edit to add: mine came with the gloves but I've never used them as they're quite chunky
                    Last edited by Andraste; 10-05-2024, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• These are good,my dad had one like it,very strong for scraping up the weed -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Jacks...33d&th=1&psc=1

Comment

• Thanks very much both, very useful

Comment

• (Re)painted ours and the neighbour's sides of the fence in the morning until the sun came around far enough to make life uncomfortable. Should get that job finished int a couple of weeks at current rates of progress.

Separated out the tomato, cucumber, chilli and pepper plants that were surplus and passed a selection on to an ex-work colleague (his choice!). Potted on some of the keepers to their final pots and some of the rest to intermediate sized pots.

Disassembled the heated propagator sides and stored them. Then tried to put the plants where they weren't shading each other.

A bit miffed to discover that Thursday's sunshine had cooked many of the sedum seedlings I'd got going, because I hadn't thought to shade them or remove the sheet of glass over the seed tray. Not a major problem though. There's still another packet of 2,500 seeds that haven't been sowed yet!!!
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Planted my GH tomatoes in the borders, then a couple of mini bells on the shelves.

Comment

• Carried on potting up overwintered gerbera, petunia, verbena and calibrachoa.
                              Gave the toms, aubergines, peppers and cucumbers a seaweed feed.
                              Potted up two chitted buffy ball squash, the first of a variety of squash seeds to have germinated.
                              Earthed up 2nd earlies and maincrops and did a bit of weeding, mainly nipping off horsetail.
                              Weeded the strawberries, again mainly horsetail, my constant companion
                              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
                              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Originally posted by peanut View Post
                                ... mainly nipping off horsetail.
                                Weeded the strawberries, again mainly horsetail, my constant companion
                                If only there were a recipe for using the stuff!

Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X