Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The staff at my surgery, knowing I think that I try to avoid needles, seem to stick extra needles in whenever they've got me there. When I had the flu jab I got the pneumonia one in the other arm and when I went for another injection recently the nurse took blood as well. Generally, for me, it's a good idea as I don't have time to worry about it.

Comment

• Good morning all, from a dull Dublin.

Thanks Nicos but breakfast was a mixed grill on the weekend,

The bathroom/toilet was always on the top of my mothers list for cleanliness
      She also was very particular as to how the windows were dressed as she said that first appearance mattered,

Not a lot on the cards today, church and then grandson coming for lunch.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon , just
        Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and wet here, it was raining when I got out of bed, and it hasn't stopped, going up to church the temperature showing in the car was 7c but feels a bit colder, reading your comments I wish my OH was a sink, loo, hearth person, don't get me wrong she keepsake them all very clean it's just that every other bit of the house must be clean as well, and windows oh boy she is in my eyes obsessed with windows needing to be clean, I will give you a guess who is the complete opposite , Bren the chocolate biscuit that I had yesterday was a caramel wafer, I do prefer penguin chocolate biscuits, but I think OH knows this so avoids buying them I might go out to the greenhouse for a wee while, as I don't watch sports nor to be honest most TV programs, though I need to get my garden club presentation in order but I was planning on doing that when OH is watching the ice skating which is a program I definitely don't watch, just looking back at that you would think I was an old grump, but of course we can miss out he old bit . We had a discussion about where we would go for our anniversary, I fancied going somewhere warm like Tenerife, but OH felt it's too long a flight, so I decided it will be the south of Spain or Mallorca or as some spell it Majorca, so we are now all booked up for the middle of March and going to ,,,,,,, The Lake District, some day I might win in a discussion, although it's not too bad as I enjoy the Lake District, right off to prepare the veg for tonights tea then out to the greenhouse, so enjoy the day and smile
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all, just back from walking Gus the grief he somehow managed to cut his nose (poking it where it shouldn't be) but it was nice to see so many snowdrops and primroses starting show thru another couple of weeks and it will be great round here for flowers I'll have to try and take some photo's

ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

• Back again. Had to nip out.
              Been a bit off again but doing better now.
              Oh gawd this weather though, wind and rain constantly, dog constantly wet.
              I did go in the garden yesterday looking to see if anything was popping up, clematis had growth (next frost will caput that no doubt), growth here and there but not alot happening.

My mum is a clean of everything unlike her daughter who would prefer to find something more interesting to do.

Ooh lake district Rary , call in on the way by.
              would that be a proper caramel water or one covered in chocolate , don't see the non choc ones much these days.

What sort of breed is Gus the grief. Hope his nose is OK. Our last dog was always shoving her nose where it wasn't welcome. She had a bee sting, vine weevil on her lip and an otter nip her nose, she never did learn any lessons.
              I have not seen any primroses yet, lots of snowdrops though.
              Also saw a camelia in the town, deep pink blooms , lovely to see colour again.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

*quietly tiptoes around…..
                No idea why I’m awake ,but I’ve just spent the last half hour researching external screed

Our friends leave this evening so no doubt we’ll be nattering ten to the dozen today to make up for future lost time

Last time we were in the uk I spotted those chocolate caramel wafers covered in coconut!…I thought they’d been discontinued. Yummy yum! Have to admit though that chocolate hobnobs are still my favourite. And Eccles cakes!
                Not keen on bourbons but the only biscuits I’d actually turn down are those pink wafers and the pink iced rings. Can’t get my head around either of those Do people actually eat them?

Rary - we’re heading off to the North Lakes next week. I see snow is forecast We are supposed to be helping our daughter create raised beds. Typical eh?

Stewed apple with muesli and yog, and toast and jams are this mornings offerings with home pressed apple juice - if anyone wishes to join me?

oh…and yesterday I spotted a couple of camellias out near here too CG. Uplifting isn’t it?
                No wonder the smiles were grinning yesterday

Enjoy your day peeps.

Last edited by Nicos; 05-02-2024, 06:27 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I’ve just had breakfast porridge with raspberries and yoghurt so I’ll pass on the muesli Nicos. A second mug of tea would go down well.
                  I’m not really a biscuit fan apart from ginger and the digestives. MrPots is working his way through Aldi’s copies of chocolate bars, there’s a marathon, twix and mars look alikes. I don’t think I know anyone who eats those pink wafers

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 05-02-2024, 06:50 AM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning you early birds.

I have no idea why I awoke about an hour ago. I haven't got out of bed and put coffee on yet.

I used to love McVities dark chocolate half coated biscuits and could happily eat half a pack at a sitting. They then changed the recipe, probably removing most of the sugar and salt, now one biscuit is more than enough. They may be healthier but I don't like them. It's rare that I buy bought biscuits now.

Comment

• Morning
                      Is there any tea going?
                      Cannot say I have seen them covered in coconut Nicos, I would like those though. Ewwwwww pink wafers , what are they supposed to be other than mouth coaters of dry stuff, in agreement of the iced ones too but then I don't like Eccles cakes either. Not keen on too much currant/raisins in things but like the fruit on their own. Maybe I'm just odd.
                      I did bake this week, coffee cake and some coconut tart things.
                      North lakes Nicos ? Anywhere in particular (you may have said before but I don't remember).
                      It's been blowing a gale here for 24hrs, grey with a capital G, frost and sleet/snow due this week/next. Here was me hoping for a warm spring. Hey ho.
                      I have been making crochet squares for a community project coming up so need to do more and want to carry on with my little felt animals I started. I need to write my plan of my growing beds, as it's the lawn im invading I need to make sure I'm not making it awkward for mowing or someone might whinge . Then of course there is office work to do, did you see how low it got on my list so that leaves housework at the bottom. I'm not that bad really, I do need to mop the floors as we walked in muddy ground yesterday and there is a trail of dog prints now even after wiping paws.
                      Anyway enough of all that , time to walk.
                      Last edited by Containergardener; 05-02-2024, 08:25 AM.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here for now. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dull and breezy but its dry,
                          Bani holiday here so we are going out with our friends.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Year of the Dragon May be why the Chinese Throw Out was closed on Friday.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very cold night here but a bright morning. Weather change coming towards the end of the week. Fingers crossed we get more than cloud, as a bit of rainfall would be very useful.

Coconut covered wafers, Nicos? I've never even heard of those. Like CG, I'm not much of a wafer fan. However there are worse biscuits than those: bourbons, custard creams and fig rolls. If they were the only biscuits on offer, I'd still say no thanks (politely, mind).

Looking forward to a productive day today. Just need to say no to more work to keep it all under nice control. Oh, as part of the reorganisation, I cleared some space to start off seedlings indoors. Make the most of the smiles, I might be hogging them a bit later this week!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I'm not particularly fond of biscuits, but I do make what I'm told are delicious salted chocolate shortcake fingers. You all sound very chirpy this morning. I was too until I heard a snow warning for us for Thursday morning

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X