This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

We’re sharing your sunshine Bramble ​​​​​​ not been far today mostly between the house and garden.
    Our apples are ready so I’ve been making chutney 5 jars and the spare in a ramekin.
    Was hoping to hear good news about your sons kitty Nicos.
    Good news about your rain Snoops hopefully it’ll make a difference.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon 25 degrees here - I've had to stop picking up apples, it's too hot! Most of the apples left on the tree are golf ball size. The decent sized ones I've been giving to passing children. I've stopped trying to explain to people when they ask for some that they're not going to get any bigger now!
      Hope your son's kitty turns up soon Nicos.
      Right, cup of tea now methinks
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• 29C here as I speak. Very humid too. Not surprising after all that rain.

We had a good hospital visit to see our friend. I took apple and an apple and blackberry compote for him…and a lovely cold non alcoholic beer. His face lit up with the beer!
        Apparently the food is wonderful …4 courses and wine included for those who can have it at lunchtime. Not bad for a state owned business eh?

I was intending to sit out this evening, but I’ll wait until it cools down a bit.
        Can I join you Flo with a brew?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Stewed Nicos, sorry! x

Comment

• Just now is the perfect time to be sitting outdoors.

Comment

• Late evening sll.
              What a beautiful evening.
              Bren, it's just the right time to sit out.
              I think this is what we have missed with our poor summer weather.
              It looks good for the upcoming week so let's make the most of it.
              Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Up early to try and catch up on work I couldn't do because of dealing with the aftermath of the rain. I hate Mr Snoop's hoarding, but thank goodness for all the buckets and bowls! He says he'll get up on the roof to see if he can sort out where the water is coming in, so we're a bit better prepared for next time.

Not much on the cards for today for me other than work, sad to say. Still, the bank manager will be pleased.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning from sunny Yorkshire. We're forecast to reach 27°C again today. The problem is that we're just not used to it!

Yesterday as Mr GF decided it was too hot to do anything much we went care home visiting in the afternoon to see his "little" sister. However she was not at her best and didn't want to wake up and talk to him despite him attempting to prod her awake with his walking stick.... Annoying brothers never change! He stopped when I asked him how he would feel if I did it to him when he was tired We'll try again later this week.

I think I'll be mostly skulking in the shade today.

Snoop, I know what you mean about hoarding. Up until a few years ago I used to encourage Mr GF to go off sailing with a friend at least once a year and I used to have a clear out. Amazingly he has never missed anything that disappeared!🤫😂.

Comment

• Morning

That’s right Bramble our summers been far too short this year.
                    I’ve been in the garden earlier picking raspberries, watering containers and weeding.
                    A look around the vine then I’m back outdoors.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all and it's another beautiful day here.
                      My hubby is a bit of a hoarder but fortunately he has a shed at the bottom of the garden.
                      No plans for the day but I will be staying out of the midday sun and will probably go walking this evening.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Not quite scorchio but getting there. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning, warm and sunny, decided to go over my driveway this morning not very happy with the way it turned out last week, and while I have the pressure washer out I will give the hand rails a blast to remove any dirt etc. from them as one of the grandsons will paint it for me, just having a quick coffee then back out, have a good day and enjoy your garden
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Already 27C here. Snoop - you must be grinning at us proudly/ (?) sharing our high temperatures….bet these would be refreshingly accepted by you!
                            Sorry to hear about rain leaking in. It took us years to find one roof leak - it had run along one of the beams.

Hoarding?….oh - that’s ME!….I’m the hoarder in this household. Drives my OH bonkers.
                            A couple of years ago we spotted a cardboard box collapsing from damp in the barn and opened it up. OMG….there were about 8 of my favourite mugs of all times in there. I was so happy to find them not seen them for 15 years and had completely forgotten about them.
                            I had ‘saved ‘ curtains from both my children’s bedrooms and study from our uk house. No use here. Until we made the camper van…now all three have been used as both curtains and seat covers. Just looking at them makes me feel close to my family.
                            So glad we kept them.

Have fun out there today peeps - remember the sun cream!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’m a hoarder it’s mostly old kitchen items like my Mums tart and bun trays, some Hovis bread tins and items bought from the charity shops they’re much better quality than thin trays in the shops now.
                              My craft rooms full of hobbies I’ve given up on but might get back to.
                              I don’t feel at all guilty
                              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-09-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• The only things I'm hoarding now are my smart work clothes, I can't seem to part with them, even though I know I'll not wear them again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X