Clear All

• Sorry, forgot to say, it was raining. 😣

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, congratulations bramble, glad you had a lovely day!

Well Storm Gerrit has arrived with a vengeance, blowing a hoolie and pouring with rain! Hope my wreath is still on the front door.

Anyhoo just a quick hello, catch you later. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

9 am here and minus 7 ºC at the corral entrance. Just been to find some water (we bring water from town, no mains), but all we have a giant five and eight-litre ice blocks. Not very good for making tea! That means a cold night like we used to have, so not sorry about that. Must remember to make sure when I go to bed tonight that we've got some in for tomorrow morning.

Work on the cards for today for me. But it still feels quite holiday-like for some reason. Mr Snoop has been helping a member of M's family who has had a horrible puncture and will be out with them today. Just as well he took their wheels off yesterday afternoon. They'd be getting frost bite trying to do it this morning.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Heavy rain here since 3am doesn't look like its going to stop today, hope there's no more flooding there's houses down the road that they're putting right after they were 3ft under water with the November storm.

Sounds like you had the perfect day with your family Bramble.

Snoop hopefully you'll soon be able to have that drink of tea, it must have been a surprise to see those icy blocks.

Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning cold and wet here as well so won't be going far from my chair today
            Congratulations to bramble and Mr bramble on their 59th. wedding anniversary
            And Snoop I do hope you get your fresh water, without having to go too far
            Have a good day folks whatever you do and pass on the smiles🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              * passes Snoop a brew….

Belated congratulations Bramble xx

-7C Snoop…ok…that’s more like midwinter weather!
              Still very mild here- we’ve not had the central heating on yet- just one or both of the wood stoves.

My trees went up late too Flo - and as we have friends staying 3-5th Jan, I’ll leave the decorations up until 12th night too….then Spring clean. It’ll be here before we know it and I’m also looking forward to sorting out our seeds MH.

Hope everyone keeps safe during the storm- that would be heartbreaking to be flooded again Bren . Fingers crossed they are ok.

Today is going to be a quiet day for me - I’ve suggested OH and son go off on the electric bikes for a few hours. No doubt sampling a few beers in cafes en route!…I’ll go and collect them if needs be
              We’ve planned a medieval tour tomorrow so it’ll be a long day fitting it all in during daylight hours especially if we stop off for lunch en route!
              Enjoy your day peeps- whatever you get up to
              Last edited by Nicos; 27-12-2023, 09:25 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

It was just starting to freeze when we went to bed last night but this morning it's 7°C and pouring with rain. I slept in, as the first time I awoke I mistakenly thought it was still night. It was the timer for the breadmaker that dragged me out of bed. I have promised Mr GF he can have soup today to go with fresh bread.

Snoop, do you have to fetch all your water from town, or just that for drinking? I think I wouldn't be showering too often if I had to carry the water for it....as for the washing machine!

I'm hoping my brother-in-law is starting to feel better today. I'll pop round this morning.

Comment

• ^Washing-machine in town, phew. As for showers, no comment!

Comment

• Good Morning All. Pouring rain here too. I'm going to make some pastry for Turkey pies today. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      We had all that rain pass overnight.
                      It's not long stopped and now it's just a dull, grey morning.
                      No plans for the day so we will just take it easy.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That's 3lbs of shortcrust in cling filmed portions. Now to carve up the rest of the turkey. For the last few years I've cut corners by mixing it with Campbell's condensed soup instead of making sauce. I could get it in Tezzies up until about a month ago, but now I'm struggling to find it. I know the company was having problems, but I'm wondering if they've gone bust?

Comment

• Just had a look Flo, it looks as though it’s just supplier problems, should be back to normal soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ooh thanks Jay. I'll freeze the turkey and the pastry, the pies will wait! Probably be more welcome in late January anyway

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Pitch black outside, although earlier the near enough full moon managed to peep out through the clouds.

Flo- is it the mushroom soup you use? I’ve seen it used in loads of recipes but never tried it myself.

Jay - I was thinking of you on Xmas Day when my granddaughter tried to sing and play Jingle Bells on the piano. Don’t think we’ve laughed and cried with joy so much for ages. Can’t believe our little’uns are almost 3 … where does time fly?

Time me thinks for a brew and getting the day started - we were supposed to be heading off at first light to fit in our visits before it gets dark again….. but certain members of the family stayed up well into the early morning 🥴🙄… I’m guessing a Plan B will be in order when they finally wake up 🤣

Fresh fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast if anyone fancies something refreshing and healthy? ( yesterday was fried egg bread using chocolate brioche served with maple syrup and bacon….so I need to offer something more healthy! )

Speaking of bacon- I need to check if the salmon is ready for the next step before home smoking yet….

Enjoy your day peeps
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Porridge, strewed apples and yoghurt here Nicos, enjoy your outing once everyone is up and about. Heavy rain/wind today so we're only going as far as the supermarket.

Flo have you tried Batchelors condensed soups not sure who sell them though.

enjoy your day
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X