Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a clear night so we’ve been out looking at the moon, will be back out later when it’s higher in the sky.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Evenin n’all n’all

Rary - a heads up matey… tonight is the Blue Moon!
      Great thanks Nicos, I am off to bed not for waiting to see the moon, if its a blue moon, other things to do and not telling you lot what it is
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night sll.
        We went out to look at the blue moon tonight but it's all clouded over.
        However, we got quite a good pic last night.
        I am having an early night as I am due in the hospital first t hing in the morning for my eye operation.
        Good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Hope all goes well for you today bramble Bright and breezy here. The moon wasn't very blue at midnight, but that was the last time I looked. Have a good day ​​​​​​​
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

No blue moon here either, but it was a whopper as it came over the trees. Lovely sight.

Got a lot to get through today. Not helped by Mr Snoop giving himself a nasty cut with a Stanley knife. Not saying it was deliberate, but it's one way of getting out of the washing-up... Anyway, he's got lots of other jobs to do, so I can't complain. Not really. Well, a little bit...

Right better get on with the show. I'll be thinking of you, bramble. Hope it all goes well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

The sun is trying to find a way through the clouds here but I think it's fighting a losing battle.

I did pick some blackberries yesterday but I was really not dressed for the job. Sandals, leggings and a t-shirt will be swapped for full combat type gear next time.

I have completely ignored my fig tree all year but it obviously thrives on neglect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230830_132845.jpg Views:	0 Size:	930.8 KB ID:	2567844

I don't suppose there is much chance of them ripening, but I suppose these things happen once a blue moon!

Best of luck for the op, Bramble.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 31-08-2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Hope everything goes well at the hospital Bramble xx

I went noon spotting again even took photos but they all looked like bright blobs.

Grory hop for me today.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning, bright with high clouds, feels like a nice autumnal day, (imagine thinking that when we are not out of August yet) Snoop, I have over the years, had various mishaps including cuts from Stanley knives, getting the cuts and some crushed fingers didn't bother me much, but the thought of people getting such things makes my blood run cold, so Mr. Snoop has my sympathies. Being Thursday we will be at the church for the coffee morning, then I will have a hair cut, just have to decide which habit I will get cut then hopefully I will get into the garden.
                  Hope you all have a good day and enjoy some time gardening
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                    Grey and drizzly here - just as well that I have lots of things to get on with indoors.
                    Will be thinking of you today bramble - hope it’s quick and successful x
                    Speedy recovery to Mr Snoop . Poor man clearly needs some pampering

I didn’t get to see the moon at all, but it backlit some interestingly stripy clouds.

Enjoy your day. September tomorrow. How did that happen? Another 3 months and it’ll be New Years Eve! ( notice I didn’t mention Xmas once there?)
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning (oooh just)
                      I don't know where the time goes.
                      Sorry to hear Mr Snoop is attacking himself like that Snoop
                      Good luck today Bramble

Hello everyone.
                      Hope all are well. Just on fixing a fence with OH.
                      Really need to get stuck into the garden.

Compost has gone all amonia smelling (to much grass)
                      weeds galore.
                      Self seeding things I want to more
                      Things to pot on.
                      Fancy sowing seeds for next Yr (flowers)
                      and the list goes on, you all know how it is.

Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop went fine the store was busy but hardly anyone waiting at the checkouts.

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                        and the list goes on, you all know how it is.
                        CG there’s always something to do when you garden even if it’s just pulling up the weeds. It never gets boring though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Afternoon
                          CG there’s always something to do when you garden even if it’s just pulling up the weeds. It never gets boring though.
                          Pulling up the weeds?????? Just shows you can learn something new every day, life's a learning curve

Comment

• Like you Nicos I wasn't able to see the moon either due to cloud cover, however there is always the next time

Comment

• I've been playing fetch with Frank for half an hour on the garden. I seem to be more tired than he is!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                Pulling up the weeds?????? Just shows you can learn something new every day, life's a learning curve
                                Rary I even ventured into my brassicas cage to weed yesterday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X