X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's going to rain lager later I'm putting out a bucket Bramble
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• All this chat about washing machines…. Our had a flashing light yesterday which indicated that ‘not enough water was getting through’ OH said he’d clean out the filter and see if that did the trick. But forgot, and put the next load in it. Result?….water flooding everywhere
      So he’s been sorting all that out Funny how he didn’t ask me to help him with that!
      At least I now have a sparklingly clean laundry room floor!
      It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a calcium build up too so I’ll zap it with a vinegar washer load.
      We have to be careful using really powerful products as we have a septic tank.

Thank goodness we have a back up washer.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        If it's going to rain lager later I'm putting out a bucket Bramble

Ha ha ha!🤣

Comment

• Good morning.

I've taken Mr GF and his brother for Covid boosters this morning. Very efficient and I think one of the "greeters" noticed I was struggling to organise them both at the same time and "fast tracked" us in, by-passing the queue. We were in and out in under ten minutes. I then called and got more punnets of strawberries for us all on the way home.

Comment

• Afternoon, there’s a cool wind today luckily I’ve been in the GH potting on, the temp reached 24c while I was in there it’s dropped down to 14c now.
            New phones are a pain so I hope you soon get sorted Rary.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

New phone arrived this morning so I turned the other two handsets off and connected up the new one. I expected it to announce - handset 1, but it came up handset 3. Oh-oh, has this worked then? Nope, no dialling tone, and no sound when I called it from my mobile. Then I had a lightbulb moment. We'd been assuming the problem was the handsets, since the wired phone worked fine, but what if it was the hub? So I disconnected it from the electricity supply, then plugged it in again. Presto! Working phone!

With some trepidation I turned on the other two handsets, they worked too. Such a simple solution, and not offered by any of the help/helpline/forums I tried. So now I have 3 handsets plus one wired phone. A bit overkill, especially for a phone phobic like me who hates using the phone.

Rary, good luck with getting your mobile sorted
              Last edited by mothhawk; 29-04-2024, 02:16 PM.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Oh gosh…new phones, iPads, pcs…yikes…hats off to everyone who can sort them! OH ‘does’ ours

After the flooding washing machine, our central heating boiler packed in today!
                We contacted the guys who serviced our boiler back in October- they are coming first thing tomorrow .

So…what’s the 3rd thing to go wrong?…go on, have a guess…they tend to come in threes don’t they?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  If it's going to rain lager later I'm putting out a bucket Bramble
                  Hope you got some of the lager Flo. 😃😃

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Well…that’s a surprise!…we have sunshine ​​​​​​…and the heating engineer is here…A good start to the day! ( well it will be if he fixes the problem!)

Kettle’s on - help yourselves.

More domestics today, but hopefully some gardening later. The patio is on hold for now so we can concentrate on the veggie plots finally

Enjoy your day peeps- anyone seen the smiles yet today?

Comment

• Morning

We also have sunshine with temps of 18c so i'll mostly be outdoors today making the best of the weather.

enjoy your day

Comment

• The boiler is fixed! We can now have showers….. Just as well it broke down yesterday and not today as it’s a bank holiday tomorrow. Not good having guests and no hot water!

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too. Haircut later. Glad you've got things sorted Nicos. Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We are having a little at the moment, sunshine, wind and rain blowing along with it.
                            Line dancing this morning and weather dependant what will get done this afternoon.

Good news, you shower is fixed Nicos.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

I've just ordered Mr GF some new slippers online. I was discussing them with his podiatrist and she recommended some that fasten with velcro to hopefully give him less corns. I've ordered machine washable ones from M & S (I had some vouchers to use?) and I can pick them up from the mini M & S food place in the local motorway services, which means I don't have to park miles away from the store in the city centre or wait in for a delivery.

Nicos, happy to hear you've got hot water again.

Mothawk, isn't it lovely when you get a Eureka moment ... and it works

Off to make some jam buns now.

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo

I’ve spent up till now outdoors, so I’m finally up to date with seed sowing. Back indoors for tea and cake.

Talking of slippers MrPots has glue gunned mine this morning the sole was coming away and they’re too nice and comfy to put in the bin just yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X