This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * whispers…… Mornin n’alln’all
    Bit early, sorry- I did creep around the kitchen making a brew. I actually made a couple incase I disturbed OH but he’s well away in the land of nod - so there’s one up for grabs - feel free to help yourself.

It’s sounding very wet and windy again out there. Can hardly believe it’s almost May!
    The first birds have started chirping- which reminds me, last night I was really tired to I went to bed early - 9.30 - and the birds were still chattering away. Apart from the weather you’d think summer is on the way.
    Ha!…..a pair of Tawny owls have joined in the Dawn chorus now! Lovely. Probably asking them to hush a bit so they can go to sleep after a busy night of hunting or flirting!

Theres a vide grenier today but I’ll not be going if the weather doesn’t buck up . Still got lots to sort out in the house/ gites so it might be a good thing not to go.

Enjoy your day peeps- whatever you get up to.

Rary….you’ve got me hankering for a chunk of bread with lashings of butter now!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and anyone else who's pottering around Raining here too. I'm looking forward to my breakfast sandwich. Have a lovely Sunday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Wet and windy here today hopefully it eases of later when I need a few thing from the garden.
        I've started crocheting more fingerless gloves so far I've made 3 pairs and have given one set to our daughter. I like how with crocheting you can read the instructions or follow a diagram. I seen to make less mistakes using both.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          The sun is out and it's a bright and breezy morning.
          The usual sundsy for me, going to the church and my grandson coming for lunch.
          Probably a bit of pottering in the garden.
          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. It's a cold and rainy one here, only 6°C rising to a maximum of 10°C later. I can't believe it's nearly May.

Comment

• Same here gf….I’m about to light the woodstove seeing as we are staying home today. And yep - I’m still wearing my merino wool thermal top
              We have a bitter wind at the moment. At least it’s stopped raining here…for now anyway

Comment

• Afternoon all.

It's been a pleasant afternoon after a very rainy morning, true to the adage, rain before seven, fine before eleven.

I've got problems with my landline phone, Bt digital. Answered it on Friday, not a sound, couldn't hear anything. Tried to call the number back, no dialling tone. So I got on the web and went through all the troubleshooting checks Bt offered, still no joy but it said to try a wired phone, so I dug out the old one, plugged it into the hub, and it works fine. Called Bt with it, the operator went through all the checks I'd just done myself, then said that it must be the handsets (I have two), and they'll send me a new one out. I've not had the thing 2 years!

Adding to the frustration, my PAYG mobile needed topping up, but I recently got a new bank card, so needed to add that to the account. The auto system for updating said card not recognised, so back to the internet, went through the whole form filling thing, then when it came to add the card and buy some top-up, the button on the site wouldn't click, so spent another wee while with an operator doing the whole thing again over the phone.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• To return, sort of, to the washing machine discussion which I missed, passing through the neighbouring village the other day, I was astonished to see a pop-up launderette! It was on the wide frontage of the paper shop, it had a little bus shelter type roof, one washing machine, one drier, and I think, a dry cleaning machine too. It looked most odd on the street like that. Nowhere to sit down, so obviously they expect you either to spend the time in the paper shop, or in the coffee shop across the road, the only two shops there are.
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Not heard of a pop-up launderette like you say it must have looked odd. It’s a good idea though years ago we had a local launderette but not anymore, it was handy fof quilts and bulky items.

Comment

• I’m guessing the laundry is similar to what we find in many supermarket car parks here? Hypermarkets have much bigger ones.
                      https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/...e-supermarches
                      Brill idea in that you can put a load in and it’s ready washed when you come out.
                      We use an 18kg one when our mattress pads or duvets need washing. Not cheap though!

As expected, we didn’t go out today…lots more sploshy, bouncy stuff going on. Got a lot done in the house and gites but still plenty more to do tomorrow.

Comment

• Yes, it was very like that, Nicos.I wonder if they will start popping up at our superstores too.
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Nicos I found this site its sounds something like those in your link. there's one 6 mile away from us. that I never knew existed.

https://stores.revolution-laundry.com/en-uk

Comment

• Good morning,we have rain this morning, hopefully, we get back to the sunshine, though not that warm it was nice to get some dry weather, after church yesterday I spent most of the day in the garden, and inbetween I tried to get my mobile phone sorted, when phoning one of the grandsons I get a message saying this number is not recognised, then tells me if I want help phone the operator on 100, when using that number I get the message this number is not recognised phone 100 for the operator I tried contacting the help line where they advised going on line , but after about half an hour I finally got someone to talk to, unfortunately English is not their first language and I don't think the person understood me due to my accent, and I definitely couldn't understand them, so back to square one, I will head down to the shop where I got the phone to see if they can help me, as well as that, when I read back some of the posts I had made it some cases it's a completely different message from what I intended, so spent a considerable time trying to remove predictive text, of which I was unsuccessful, so any posts I make try fitting appropriate words where it looks a bit off that should keep you all busy for a time I am now off to see one of my nephews who has just came home from hospital, after having his gall bladder removed, hopefully he has some grapes that I can have enjoy the day,and pass on the smiles
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Our local "Washhouse" closed years ago. It was quite a popular meeting place when I was a young mum! Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Bright and breezy but it's to rain lager.

Rary, mobile phones are a great invention when they work but can drive you insand when they dont.
                                I'm in need of a new phone but keep putting it off for that very reason,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...