This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Well, after the tremendous amount of rain that fell last night it's now dry and sunny.
    Not sure what might be on the cards today.

Rary, that sounds like a great day with your grandsons.
    We try to do outings like that with our lot, we call it making memories.
    We are aware that we are old now so we know its important, especially for our 5 year old.

Have a good all whatever you're doing,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Sounds like you had a hectic time, rary, but I bet it's a day they'll remember.

Yum to the fresh bread, Nicos. Mine is still in its bannetons in the fridge. Will bake later after the cherry cake that's also on the cards for this afternoon at Mr Snoop's request. He didn't take the rather loud hint that ginger cake would be a better choice...

Went into the village this morning to pick up my meat order and a few other items. It doesn't half pay to phone in an order at this time of year. Rather than having to wait for the huge queue of out-of-towners ordering this, that and the other to take home with them after their holidays, I only had to wait a few minutes. Must do this more often.

Right, paid work and a nap on the cards for the afternoon, along with the baking. Not sure what time the smiles left today, but I bet they come home a bit earlier than usual. Much as I'd rather have had ginger cake, cherry cake is always good.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon

Spent most of the day out and about so no gardening apart from harvesting.
        Loved your fishing tale Rary I’ve only been fishing just the once with a cousin when we were 12 ish. I soon realised I was only asked because I’d be sent with a packed lunch. Apparently I fidget a lot and scared away the fish.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Maybe I will appreciate making those memories once I am old bramble
          Hectic isn't the word I would use Snoop, shattered fits better
          Managed to get out to the garden for a short time today, I had been hoping for a delivery of eliven 3X2 slabs but unfortunately as it was raining when they were supposed to be picked up, I didn't get them, however I did do some concrete work on the ones I have sofar, I also found some ripe tomatoes on tomato plants I had shoved in the gar​​​​​​den, unexpected but nice and tasty​​​​​​, now I am off to make the tea, have a relaxing and pleasant evening ​​​​​
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Late evening all,
            It was a lovely sunny day here, not what the weatherman said.
            Spent good part of the afternoon in the garden.
            My dahlias and sweet peas were badly battered by storm Betty
            Got some laundry out and dry, wasnt expecting that,
            Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, dull but dry at the moment, weather wise not me and quite breezy sitting here watching the trees in 5he hedge row wafting about, as for gardening, I will get out after church and do some work, it won't be a lot as I need the slabs to hold back the soil, but I will get into the greenhouse and sow some lettuce for overwintering, I intend changing the soil in the tomato bed once they are finished so might go over and collect some seaweed, so that I have it when required, need to go as the tablet is low on power, enjoy your day and happy gardening
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning, its a sunny start to the day here so long as it stays fine and I can get into the garden I'm happy that.
                Bramble my Sweet peas have almost finished they've been a poor show this year not sure why, but then my tall peas also finished earlier than usual so i'm putting it down to the weather.

enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too Have a lovely Sunday
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely and sunny here too. We’re taking bbq food over to our friends’ house for lunch so that’s probably the rest of the day sorted!

I’m fancying the seaside too Rary….nice call. We’re planning on going back to that beach we went to where we collected seaweed and oysters in the autumn when the weather cools down and there are less tourists. I guess you have lovely quiet beaches up there?…are they rocky or sandy of a bit of both?

I best get on sorting things for lunch -OH has made it all from scratch. From the looks of things we could feed 12 people and there are only 4 of us. Think tomorrow is going to be ‘left overs’ for all of us!
                    I’ve already volunteered to be the designated driver. Just 1/4 of a glass of wine or beer puts me to sleep at midday. Never used to - strange that!

Enjoy your day peeps - I need to get two big bowls of stewed windfalls bagged up and in the freezer too before we go. Don’t ya just love seeing the winter supply of food increasing by the day?
                    Last edited by Nicos; 20-08-2023, 08:35 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop and friend are off into the village to watch the football match in a bar. Whoever wins, they'll be on the right side. As Mr Snoop pointed out, we've spent just as much time in Spain now as in the UK. Me, I'm holding the fort with the dogs. Work calls...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all Feeling quite sutumn this morning, but its dry.
                        Off to the church shortly and then grandson is coming for lunch.
                        No other plans for the day at the moment.

Bren, my sweetpeas were really poor this year, a real disappointment.
                        I am putting it down to the miserable weather we had,
                        You spend months looking forward and then they're gone in the blinkmof sn eye..
                        Anyway, that's enough of my moaning....Have a good day all,

Nicos enjoy your BBQ.

l

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely and sunny here too. We’re taking bbq food over to our friends’ house for lunch so that’s probably the rest of the day sorted!

I’m fancying the seaside too Rary….nice call. We’re planning on going back to that beach we went to where we collected seaweed and oysters in the autumn when the weather cools down and there are less tourists. I guess you have lovely quiet beaches up there?…are they rocky or sandy of a bit of both?

I best get on sorting things for lunch -OH has made it all from scratch. From the looks of things we could feed 12 people and there are only 4 of us. Think tomorrow is going to be ‘left overs’ for all of us!
                          I’ve already volunteered to be the designated driver. Just 1/4 of a glass of wine or beer puts me to sleep at midday. Never used to - strange that!

Enjoy your day peeps - I need to get two big bowls of stewed windfalls bagged up and in the freezer too before we go. Don’t ya just love seeing the winter supply of food increasing by the day?
                          I didn't get to the shore Nicos, my son and grandson dropped in with a couple of slabs and he returned my grinder and power saw also, so have been busy positioning the slabs, then cutting some metal bars as bracers for the slabs, as for the shore there's a fair mix of sandy shoreline and rocky beach, and in the summer months there are a surprising amount of people camping along the shore, and the car parks are always busy throughout the year, with folk just sitting in their and looking at the view, we'll I think that's what they are doing as most will be like me, well past the age of not taking in the view​​​​​​, though the west coast of Scotland has some spectacular views. As for the falling asleep after a low amount of alcohol, possibly age has something to do with this, I have heard that older folk get effected that way, fortunately I am too young to have experienced this

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and warm again. Waiting for Frank. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              We have a very misty start to the day….and it’s already quite warm. Looks like it’s going to be hot again once the sun burns through!
                              I need to do a grory hop today and a bit of ironing then loads to do in the garden
                              Best get on before it gets too hot!

Enjoy your day peeps- I just spotted the smiles carrying beach towels, so I hope they manage to find time to visit everyone!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, rain here at present, I thought the weather would be fine as the grandsons go back to school my thoughts are with our youngest as thin is his first day at secondary school, I hope he enjoys it
                                Anyway have a good day whatever the weather

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X