X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Gusty wind and rain here for the day, so no gardening today.
    MH I always intend to sow my toms earlier but they're way behind yours some only have 2 sets of leaves. I did have a couple of earlier failures so have re sown those.

Good luck with work today Snoop.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Another showery day forecast here. Work to do so better get this dog out first.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

It's raining here and I just heard a rumble of thunder though it doesn't look thunderstormy if you know what I mean. There's a fair breeze so it should blow over quickly anyway.
    I planted my toms outside yesterday so they are being nicely watered in. It was a case of plant them out or cut the tops off as they had grown so leggy. Either way it will be a bit of a setback, but as my Mum always says, they've got two chances, grow or die, it's up to them.

Hope you manage to smooth things over and not have too much hassle, Snoop. It's hateful having to work to deadlines, it makes you feel rushed and stressed which makes the work seem so much more difficult. It was the major thing I hated about work.

Ooh, another rumble, the storm is getting closer. time for another tea, or maybe coffee to perk me up. 🥱

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Temperature swing not quite as bad yesterday and last night: high of 33 ºC, low of 6.2 up at the house. Temperatures start to drop today, apparently. And by the look of it, we'll be having late frosts this year. Talk about ups and downs. Might be worth sowing some tomato seeds after all and not just buying in plug plants. Mine might catch up by the time anything can go out in the plot.

Masses to do today and lots of people to placate, as I won't be meeting deadlines today. Oh dear.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Aw that was a nice read Snoop

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening

Thanks for the link Snoop I've had a look and bookmarked it for later.

Its been a good gardening day I hope you all have been sharing my sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Lovely read - thanks Snoop!
    Me too, thanks Snoop.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Thought this might make a nice read for anyone having a five-minute breather in between gardening sessions:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ood-vegetables

Lovely read - thanks Snoop!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon (tea) all.

Nice link, Snoop.

Flo, I'll swap some of your lemon drizzle for some of my blondies. They are a first for me, I've never even tasted a brownie, let alone made blondies before, but they've turned out delicious, although they are exceptionally sweet, which I can see from comparing recipes is par for the course. So they are cut into smaller squares than I normally would make.

I've an oriental poppy in the front garden with two flowers open already, they don't usually flower till mid May time. The back garden ones (north facing) don't even have buds showing yet.

Leave a comment:

• Strawberry patch
    replied
    Good afternoon peeps....Thats my work done in the garden for today....Going to chill out with a cuppa tea and a slice of cake....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead folks.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Thought this might make a nice read for anyone having a five-minute breather in between gardening sessions:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ood-vegetables

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Afternoon folks, had a good night's sleep last night, decided to take a hot toddy going to bed, and slept the full night, still not well enough to be going to church as I still have a bit of a cougn, so watched the service on line, have been out to the greenhouse and put some plants out to harden off, also added some cardboard to my compost as it's looking a bit wet but too dull and cold to do anything else so back in and now going to sit and read, those who are fortunate enough to be able to sit outside at this time of year, enjoy, as for the rest of us it's still nice to get some gardening work done, so enjoy the day and pass on the smiles

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    And I’m baaack!
    The only thing we ended up buying was petrol for the car on the way home
    But it was nice to drive there- such pretty countryside which is greening up amazingly fast!
    Had a nice brew in the garden when we got home and sat watching a hare lolloping around in the field behind out garden/ field.

OH has asked if I could make an almond and cherry cake - but I’ve just checked and we don’t have any glacé cherries. Now on the shopping list!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Bright and sunny here but just 9 degs.
    No plans for the dsy as we had a late night, so taking it easy.

Flo, I dont really have a sweet tooth but just love lemon drizzle cake, put my name on a slice.

Snoop, I havnt seen the smiles in ages, it's been too wet for them herel

Jay, hope you get rid of your cold and virus soon.

Nicos , enjoy your trip to the vide grenier.
    Enjoy your day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Looks like I might be in time for the lemon drizzle cake. And a non-fattening one at that. Perfect. Thanks, Flo.

Now I know where the smiles went... Lemon is one of their favourite scents.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X