Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, thoughts with the Ukrainians this morning!

We have snow this morning, snowed much of the night but hasn’t really come to much!
    Domestics and shopping delivery today so nothing exciting happening.

Have a great day everyone. x
    Last edited by Jay22; 24-02-2022, 09:55 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• It feels very cold and the snow has just started. Generally not a pleasant day weather wise.

Flo, I hope you get your kitchen sorted out soon.

Bren I have looked on pinterest at recipes. I will happily sit and browse recipes for ages, from all over the place. Occasionally I will even cook one.

Snow has now stopped and the sun is shining.

Comment

• Gf…. Do you have access to Facebook?
        I use my OH’s account to follow epicurious. They have an amazing selection of recipes on there.
        You sometimes have to convert US measurements , but not always.
        They also give me an idea of what I fancy making as a variation of what they suggest as I don’t always have the ingredients.
        And yes…te he…I too will occasionally print one off and make it
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Sunshine but bitterly cold.
          Too cold for gardening so domestics instead.

From it's an ongoing nightmare for you. Hope it gets sorted soon.
          Its soul destroying when a job drags on so long with no end in sight.

Have a good day all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Gf…. Do you have access to Facebook?
            I use my OH’s account to follow epicurious. They have an amazing selection of recipes on there.
            You sometimes have to convert US measurements , but not always.
            They also give me an idea of what I fancy making as a variation of what they suggest as I don’t always have the ingredients.
            And yes…te he…I too will occasionally print one off and make it
            That's a handy to know. I shall look them up now. Thanks.

I have a long bookmark tab with recipes. Occasionally they get made. The number of vegetarian burgers in that tab is ridiculous...

Edited: just started looking down and I see they too like the nan-e barbari bread.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-02-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

That's a handy to know. I shall look them up now. Thanks.

I have a long bookmark tab with recipes. Occasionally they get made. The number of vegetarian burgers in that tab is ridiculous...

Edited: just started looking down and I see they too like the nan-e barbari bread.
              I've just peeped at my bookmarks. I must have had a courgette glut last year judging by the amount of courgette recipes in there.

I'm not on Facebook but did set up an account for Mr GF which he uses very occasionally.

Comment

• Gf…have you seen this old thread?

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...rgette-recipes

If you have any more recipes to add, we’d all be very grateful!

or….start a new thread and I’ll add that link to it ?

One can never have too many courgettes…until it comes to eating them all!
                Last edited by Nicos; 24-02-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon, it's just stopped snowing here and the suns out. Bit late in the day to do much outside but I'm up to date with house stuff.
                  ​​​​​​I do like courgettes at the last count I've got 5 jars of courgette pickles in the fridge. They're nice to have on a salad.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all,where has today gone,woke up and made a drink by 8.30,next i knew it was 12.30 gone,must have dropped to sleep again in my chair,so it was up and get ready for my weekly outing,SNOW ,we had a few bits of ice stuff,and sunshine,but it is very cold,stay safe everyone,now better go see what there is to eat,other than the biscuit nibble's,catch you later
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, not a nice day today, between the news and the weather, the weather we have to live with, war is man made, hope it ends quickly, but doubt it,
                      Well today woke up to snow, so decided not to go to our usual Thursday coffee morning, then received a phone call to let us know that the coffee morning was cancelled, so a day in the house, which included hoovering and dusting so decided to go out and clear the paths, back in for a coffee with the intention of clearing the neighbours paths as well, but fortunately all the house work was done later went out to the greenhouse where I changed the chimney cap for the fire, fortunately OH didn't see me as it can finish up her giving me a ticking off if she sees me up a ladder, then she gets angry because I don't listen , but then when outside I find it better to remove the hearing aid, well basicly when I am doing something she is going to check me for well keep warm and safe and though you might not feel like it, pass on a smile. Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Evening All Ticked off so kicked off - result, I hope. Kitchen sink to be installed tomorrow and flooring going down. And breathe. We'll see.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Good Evening All Ticked off so kicked off - result, I hope. Kitchen sink to be installed tomorrow and flooring going down. And breathe. We'll see.
                          You might actually have a kitchen soon!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

I really hope so......fingers crossed.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday, well here's hoping. It's raining here. Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                              Fingers crossed for you today x

Blinking freezing here this morning, but we have a mostly sunny forecast for the weekend , so here's hoping ( dare I say it) that I can spend a lot of time in the garden
                              We've let a few areas go tbh as the gites have been closed but we're opening them up over the summer so their gardens need a bit ( aka a lot) of attention to get them very pretty again.
                              One big job I want to tackle is repainting the water containers to camouflage them and put up the replacement roll of heather screening I bought a couple of years ago!
                              Also clean off and repaint a small bike storage 'shed' we keep the BBQ and garden furniture in.
                              No real rush but it'd be good to get those done and dusted - literally!

Right , time for a brew - OH has put logs on the fires and made us a brew. What better start to the day eh?

Anyone got plans for the weekend?
                              Last edited by Nicos; 25-02-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. I'm awake at the crack of dawn again. Had a wander round and turned the thermostat up. It's raining and cold, which is probably a slight improvement on yesterday when the rain showers kept turning to sleet.

We had a care home visit yesterday afternoon; depressing. First job today is taking Mr GF for blood tests at the doctor's surgery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X