Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry - I spoke too soon about the weather didn’t I?
    Its blowing a hoolley here too.

Flo…I actually use my microwave more since I had no kitchen for several months a few years back. Not for main cooking but shortcuts.
    Fingers crossed Tuesday is THE day xx

I’ve had a similar day to you Bren. Lovely and calm…bliss
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all,not known much about today,other than i 2 eggs from the girls,and it rained a lot,a good deal of time has been spent sleeping and dozing,again,at least i now know what has been causing it,my bloods came back,and is short on iron,everything else good,so i now await a delivery of a 3 month top up,so hope it will gee me up some more ,ref these storms,if it was not for news and on here,i would not have know just how bad some have had it,we have had plenty of wind,but i have known it like that before,just not so long,and as for JA,i am best well away from them things,night night sleep tight,and stay safe
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        Rary is this the emoji that you were looking for?😇 or this?👼

By the way not many people are better wind up merchants than Mr GF who won the wooden spoon (award for stirring) in the local pub two years in a row in his younger days.
        I think the first one would be more my style greenishfing, a smiling open face and a larger halo, as for wooden spoons, I doubt that I could win anything like that as I'm not very good at stirring, I don't even know what way to do it, do you stir clockwise or anticlockwise though I think it must be clockwise an I never had an aunt by that name
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Again a post I thought I had posted the last time I was on, I really do need to check it posts in future.
          Have not done much today, at church this morning then home for lunch before going out to the greenhouse for a time, I moved a box of phlox roots onto the hot bed and placed a try of chrysant cuttings onto a heat mat, also used an actifry to sterilise some soil, running it for 5 minutes raised the temperature up to 60c, so I think it will be used quite a lot, the wind started to pick up and some heavy showers so decided to get back in the house, in days like this make me sorry I don't have a fire where you can get round about it and coorie doon, ah well enjoy the coming week, keep safe and smile Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I was snuggled up watching TV about half an hour ago when I heard a weird noise coming from the kitchen. I thought I must have left something turned on in there so went to investigate. It was the biggest hailstones battering the kitchen window. In about 3 minutes the world had turned white. The wind is howling again now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              ... do you stir clockwise or anticlockwise though I think it must be clockwise an I never had an aunt by that name
              Figure of eight, Rary.

Morning all. The wind is still blowing hard, but no wet so that's an improvement. And it's daylight before seven! The days are lengthening quickly now, I love the light mornings, Spring's not far away folks!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Another wet and windy day here, I'm surprised to see how well our windsock is coping, checking if its still there is the first thing I look for each morning.

Stay safe if you're out and about.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  bright and dry here but the wind is still very strong.
                  A visit to the pharmacy and then so grocery shopping.
                  Might some seed sown this afternoon.
                  Have a good day and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. The weather seems to have calmed down somewhat here. No wet stuff of any kind, less wind and intermittent sunshine.

I think a trip to the allotment is on the cards, It will no doubt be boggier than ever.

Just going to book a care home visit for sometime in the next couple of days.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                      Bit late coming on…had rather a lot of paperwork needing sorting….the rest can be ignored for a bit longer!

I was woken a couple of times in the night with very blustery rainfall onto the bedroom window. Still very gusty here.
                      Looks like more indoor domestics are on the cards for the day.

keep warm and safe peeps.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon all,still blustery out there,seems we have other storms lined up,lets just hope they go away soon,i think the bother with our mind set is,we were so used to set seasons,in times past it would be very cold snow ice ext this time of year,it has all changed so much,as for when to grow stuff,it seems trial it,and hope for the best,stay safe,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. Late on parade and only dropping in for a flying visit.

Talk about flying, it's blowing a gale outside here today. Hope the smiles made it to you OK, as they were getting tossed about a bit as they headed up and out over the trees.

Have a great rest of the day.

Comment

• Afternoon

It looks like we’ve all been busy, me I’ve now got my compost so I’ll be in my GH later sowing seeds.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              A sunny dry day here with a good breeze.
                              Got lots of laundry done, it was out and in again in no time.
                              Sweet pea seeds are up.
                              Flowers opening on my broad beans, The Sutton.
                              All my daffodils are in flower.
                              Lots of tidying to do after the storms.
                              Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, a cold wind blowing this morning when I was out with the dogs, but once back home made lunch, then went out to the garden, sun was shining and the auto windows on the greenhouse were open, so did a bit of tidying up and cut down some Ash branches that were hanging over the greenhouse, as it was bright sunshine I decided to get some burn sand sterilised, the actifry takes 12 full yoghurt pots and 7 minutes takes the temperature up to 72c so recon that should do to kill off anything, if anyone thinks different please let me know, did five batches then thought I better stop, will need to find out how much power is used per batch but if I look at the meter OH will want to know what I am doing, just picture Nora Batty asking Wally, the looks or dress might not match, but the delivery of the question would, no wonder I am so timid and frightened to say boo to a goose, anyway got some done, so this evening I sowed some seeds of lettuce, cauli, rocket and onions just to see if they germinate well off to read my book for a time before going to bed, so keep safe enjoy your day tomorrow and smile. Goodnight ​​​​​

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X