This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all.

Just had a very late lunch, but the sight of your loaf, mothhawk, makes me feel I could eat a jam sandwich for pudding! Bet you had a special visit from the smiles earlier.

Had an odd morning. Went out to a local winery to buy some wine, but there were loads of people there, which made us feel a bit uncomfortable, especially as the shop assistant clearly has no idea how to wear a mask. Surprising how many people don't seem to realise their nose is connected to their lungs!

Anyway, had some of said wine with lunch, so no real plans for the afternoon.

Hope you have a great rest of the day.

Comment

• Good afternoon all , checked on plot , still there , that’s good.

Comment

• Afternoon All Welcome Rightyhoe, glad you've no damage at the plot. Very cold here and raining on and off. Battling the plaster dust and losing!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightyhoe View Post
          Good afternoon all , checked on plot , still there , that’s good.
          Welcome to the chat thread RH

Snoop know what you mean about masks I've seen some people wearing them on their mouths and chin
          ​​​​
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightyhoe View Post
            Good afternoon all , checked on plot , still there , that’s good.
            Never want to lose the plot…well, not in public anyway!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

A very odd cold night last night. The thermometer in the corral measured a low of minus 0.4 ºC, but the frost down in the fields is one of the hardest yet. The cars are covered in it too. Maybe the thermometer is in an usually warm spot... But nothing in comparison with the weather in the UK, by the look of the online papers, or in northern Europe. Hope you're all OK and not too much damage.

Got a ridiculously busy day today. Finish off some paid work and I want to get a few in the ground and do a final fettle of one of the asparagus beds (other one tomorrow), as the crowns arrived from France on Friday. And proper beauties they are. So time to get them in sharpish. I also ordered some Jerusalem artichokes and they look a very nice shape, far less knobbly than the ones you see in the shops. Anyway, never even eaten JAs, so hope we like them. Anyone got any growing/planting hints, I'm always glad of advice.

The smiles set off in a proper jolly mood this morning. Sunshine, frost and a smile over my shoulder at your name, Rightyhoe.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning. I hope everybody's survived the weather without too many problems. It rained here yesterday morning and then snowed for a few hours but the snow didn't settle and we're back to rain again this morning. Much more and we'll float away.....or sink! It's forecast to continue for the rest of the day, but we are up to a balmy 11°C.

Snoop I hope you like JAs more than we did. We planted a row a long time ago without trying them first. Neither of us particularly liked the taste and they certainly didn't like us; the worst wind imaginable. Even the extended family weren't interested. It took us a good couple of years to get rid of them all again.

I hope the worst of the dust over now Flo. When do you actually get your kitchen? Soon, I hope.

Comment

• Morning another wet and windy day here.

Snoop I love JA's I use them in soups, casseroles, gratins, risotto and roasts. Towards the end of the season I dig them up and pop a few back in the rest go in the freezer.

Just a tip don't eat them the day before an appointment because they're not called fartichokes for nothing.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Dull,calmish and warm here, but looks like rain is on its way.

Snoop, I have a few JA plants and tend to use the in conjunction with mashed spuds to lessen their ‘effects’ so to speak!
                    The voles tend to munch their way through most of them but a few survive each year - enough to get a few meals out of them at least!

Oh Flo….it really is taking forever isn’t it? Hopefully it’ll all be done and dusted ( excuse the unintentional pun there) before too long.

Not sure what today will bring but it’ll certainly entail keeping the wood burners going!

Enjoy your day peeps - hope everyone is ok weather wise now?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      More of the same, rain and wind butits 12 degs.

Flo, I hope you get back to normal soon.
                      I'm sure will all be worth it the long run.

Have goo day island stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, guys. Looks like it'll be windy city round here, then!

Comment

• Good afternoon all , still very windy around here , and not a JA in sight !! .
                          Garden is like a paddy field ATM , so can’t do much there. Plot is good as paths between beds have recently been topped up with chipped mulch .
                          It’s a sitting in front of the fire kind of afternoon .
                          Last edited by Rightyhoe; 20-02-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Well, looks like Fanklin has arrived. Heavy rain and high winds have just started here. It's so cosy to be warm and dry indoors when all that is happening outside!
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 20-02-2022, 04:24 PM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon All Belting it down all day and getting very windy again. I want to let you all know that I really appreciate your support, it's helped to keep me sane in this building site, thank you.
                              The kitchen is being delivered on Tuesday. I'm not sure when they are going to commence installation. I'm working from home Monday and Tuesday and I'm not altogether sure whether that's a blessing or a curse. An unexpected electrician came on Thursday and turned off the electricity while I was in the middle of a meeting on Teams. The lad was so apologetic, no-one had told him so it was unscheduled. I coped for an hour, but not ideal.
                              The van we get our usual Sunday breakfast from has moved on. but my son managed to find a sandwich shop open early on Sunday mornings so we had a great breakfast this morning. I don't think the pan will come out again even when my kitchen is back up and running. In fact I think I've picked up a few tricks in the 3 months I've been without an oven that I'll continue to use. Poaching eggs in the microwave is a breeze, but I have threatened to throw it out. I'm not sure I want to hear "ping" ever again!
                              Have a lovely evening and see you tomorrow

Last edited by Florence Fennel; 20-02-2022, 05:23 PM.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening

Flo finally you have a delivery date for your kitchen hopefully it will be fitted soon xx and you can get back to normal.

Not achieved much here today a bit of baking/cooking but mostly sat in front of the fire reading.

enjoy your evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X