This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Semi blue skies now but we had really heavy sploshy stuff accompanied by one heck of a hoolie in the silly hours.
    Everywhere is sopping wet now.

No carried over bank holidays here…This year Xmas Day is the only day off for the ‘workers’….if it falls on a Sunday then they have no extra days off

Not sure whatI’ll be doing today - probably a bit of fiddling with the camper curtains, and maybe some clearing up and freezing of some of the spare food….and hiding of chocolates….

Anyway…deffo time for a cuppa ​​​​​​…
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning another foggy start here again it does mean we get some pretty looking spiders webs in the garden.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all, fog was forecast but we just got grey skies.
        No plans for the day but plenty to keep me going.
        Looking forward to getting out for a walk.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Grey damp and cold here. Washing machine is on, but that's all the housework I plan on doing today. Have a good day All
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another wet and blustery night but it’s amazingly warm. 11C here at the moment…

Dishwasher is earning its keep this morning as will the washing machine once I’ve finished me brew.

I’ll be getting on with the Camper van curtains today. I’ve not really got my head around them as I’ve tried to plan making them from a set of curtains we had stored- but there’s not really enough….but now I’ve come across another pair I’m reluctant to chop up , but heck - they’ve been in storage for 10 years ( mainly because I like them , and thought they could be useful at some point….looks like now is their moment!)

Fresh fruit salad for breakfast…I’m feeling the need for some more healthy foods at the moment!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. It's been raining here since before sun-up so I'm hopeful it will stop mid-morning, it seldom seems to rain more than five hours at a time. The garden birds seem extra hungry, I've spotted a pair of starlings and 4 house sparrows, a flock of goldfinches and a couple of greenfinches, all of which have been notable by their absence from the garden this winter. Also 3 robins chasing around, plus the usual regulars.

Nicos, now is definitely the time to use 10 year stored curtains! I've found a wonderful youtube channel for decluttering (the minimal mum) and basically anything you've not used or seen for 2 or more years can be considered clutter - use it or lose it. I don't have much space to store clutter, but even so, I have stuff I don't ever use. It is hard to let go sometimes though, just in case one day it may be of use.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all. My washer will be joining the ranks of the overworked shortly. I really don't know where all our socks and tea towels have disappeared to. I can only presume the depths of the laundry basket. I might do a grory hop today if it's quiet. It's over a week since I've been.
                It's 7°C here but it was the sound of the rain that woke me up this morning I think. It is unrelenting. I can see a few blackbirds braving the weather. I'll see if I've got anything for them.

Comment

• Good Morning All Rain again here too, goodness only knows where I'm going to dry the towels that are washing now. SIL brought us a home made turkey and ham pie yesterday and today he's bringing an M&S corn fed chicken he got for 75p! He bought 4 of them, wish I'd got some space in the freezer. Another lazy day for me. I know only too well about life laundering and I'm finding it a lot easier than I thought. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Rain here also.

I'm terrible for hording fabrics some's from various hobbies others are upholstery fabrics, I rarely knit these days unless its dishcloths so I didn't mind taking the wool to the charity shop along with the patterns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Morning

Rain here also.

I'm terrible for hording fabrics some's from various hobbies others are upholstery fabrics, I rarely knit these days unless its dishcloths so I didn't mind taking the wool to the charity shop along with the patterns.

I decided about 30 years ago that I was not doing any more knitting and gave away all my needles, patterns, accessories and spare wool. About five years ago, while at a car boot sale, I ended up replacing them all for a few pounds as someone else was getting rid of theirs and modern needles just feel too lightweight and insubstantial. I even used some of the needles this Christmas.

Comment

• Had a good day yesterday in the end. Had to go and visit an actual branch of my bank yesterday to get papers for the tax man. And seeing as it was part way to a proper big supermarket, we paid a visit. Not like we haven't got enough food in the house already, but I bought a leg of cured ham. Am hoping we'll start it today. They look a bit grisly on the outside, all fat and hoof, but yummy inside. Years since I last bought one.

On the cards for today is more landworks. The man with the digger has come to do some work on the next piece of land up from ours, so I'm going to get him to do a few extra jobs for me. On the list: dig an asparagus trench. If he does it, it'll get done. If I have to do it, I'll spend so long thinking about it that planting time will have come and gone.

I've been going through my seeds today and decluttering. I've never had any real success growing climbing peas or beans. So no point hanging on to them. Shameful waste of money, but I've had them so long I can put them down to the optimism of youth!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all. Its 7 degs here and no rain.
                          No plans for the day but a walk and a bit of a tidy up on the cards.
                          I need to utbackthe dahlia foliage in the garden as the daffodils are growing underneath.

Curtains, yes I am guilty of hoarding some of them just because I liked them and might use them again.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Back again. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. A few weeks ago I was looking for some new lounge curtains. The one's I've got were looking a bit grotty before Mr GF had an accident with a bottle of red wine. I couldn't find any I really liked at a price I was happy to pay (short arms and long pockets here in Yorkshire). There was one pair I did see online that I did like the look of, but not the price. Today I got an email from Dunelm with their sale offers. The same curtains...... 50% off ... and the size I want (big) are in stock online. If I'd wanted smaller ones I could have collected.
                            Mr GF likes them too. Bought, paid for and (hopefully) arriving by Friday. During lockdown we bought very little. Other things desperately needing replacement are crockery, table mats and folding dining chairs. The joys of a mobile phone and a debit card!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              I've been going through my seeds today and decluttering. I've never had any real success growing climbing peas or beans. So no point hanging on to them. Shameful waste of money, but I've had them so long I can put them down to the optimism of youth!
                              Snoop have you thought of sowing those peas to eat as shoots they handy in a salad or stir fry.

Comment

• Good afternoon, the days must be stretching again ten to four and still light, just thought I would come on for a, quick catch up, was very busy yesterday as it was the family Christmas Dinner, and due to OH still struggling to move I was head cook and bottle washer, first time cooking a turkey but pleased with the results as it was quite moist, now need to find out how to get it a bit tastier we didn't sit down till the back of six as we had to wait for granddaughter finishing her work, as it was a bit later in starting it was later on finishing which lead to later getting up this morning spent most of the day washing and tidying and now need To go and inspect the inside of my eyelids, enjoy your evening and keep safe
                                Last edited by rary; 28-12-2021, 04:06 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X