X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning all. I need new curtains too. The last straw for my lounge curtains was when "somebody" was scraping all the crispy bits off a dish at the table (next to the window) and somehow sent a glass of red wine into orbit.
    How can it be October already?
    Care home visiting again later this morning, birthday present (90th) all wrapped up ready.
    After yesterday's atrocious weather the sun is shining through the clouds this morning but it is still cold and the heating is on. Maybe a trip to the allotment this afternoon.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 01-10-2021, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	8641CF6E-909E-4956-81A4-513C9F945C33.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	2534072Click image for larger version

Name:	E2E53607-AB56-4EE8-A850-C2F599D85F9D.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	2534073

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I love making up flatpack Snadge…Shall I come over and do it and you come over here and help shovel rat sh!t and fibreglass?

We have a pull out slatted bed in the camper with a 15cm memory foam gel cool mattress ( for those heatwave nights we get over here!)
    I’ll try and find a piccie of our slatted bed.
    With a bit of tweaking it might give you more space during the day and a bigger bed at night - I’ve seen piccies of a similar thing, but with the base on hinges so it lifts up for easy access for storage underneath.
    Last edited by Nicos; 01-10-2021, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Glad you got a result with money owed Nicos! Have you got all the wood you need for now then? At a better price I bet!

Taxed my camper today. Was going to stop up to midnight last night to get my moneys worth but from this morning I can get it off the drive (legally) and work on it on the road in front of my house. The road has less of an incline than the drive so the sliding door won't keep banging shut on me. Still not sure whether I am going to make a rock n roll bed or not? As its a 'Camper for one '(and dog) I need to do some measuring to make best use of the limited space.
    Anyway, onward and upward!
    My eldest Son is moving house tomorrow so I have been seconded to assemble some flat pack furniture. That should be fun (NOT) but he has big strong brawny mates to help with the lifting.
    I must confess to being a bit jealous of his new home, in particular the large bi-fold doors from the garden to the kitchen
    Went to Aldi to get curtains and Aubretia advertised in there leaflet yesterday to find they had neither. Went to B&M next and managed to get a similar set of curtains for French Windows cheaper than was advertised at Aldi!

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Perfect timing Bones - ta muchly for the brew!

October!!!!…. NearlyXmas

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

Pinch-a-punch, dark and raining

Nicos well done for OH

Kettle's on ..

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Hurrah Nicos’ other half!!
    My thoughts exactly Jay!
    When he phoned me to say he was on his way home with all the money , the first thing I asked him was if he still had all his front teeth!

I guess that wish I made on seeing that shooting star I saw last night worked!

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Hurrah Nicos’ other half!!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Oh…bit of good news- OH came back with the 150€ we were owed.
    Finally

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Welcome home bramble. Nothing quite like your own bed is there?
    Well, I say that but it’s my pillows that I miss the most when I’m away…I’ve got them just as scrunchy and as puffy as I like them.
    Do other people miss their own pillows or is it the mattress you miss more?

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Safe trip back bramble….wow - that month flew by!
    It flew by alright Nicos. We cant believe we are home again.
    We had a good flight. Aer Lingus put on an Airbus because ther was a mixup with flights.
    We had plenty of space and our own TV which passed the time.
    Back to dull and grey but it's not cold which is a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    We shopped at a large Sainsburys and also a Lidl. Both were missing a variety of lines which differed between the two shops and included pasta, fruit juices, tinned produce and long life items.
    I don't think it's down to panic buying, because the missing lines are so random I suspect it's more likely to be supply and distribution issues.
    Last edited by Mr Bones; 30-09-2021, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

Snadger I loved your kilt post

We went to Aldi this morning and I didn't spot any obvious gaps on the shelves, we got everything we needed apart from in the freezers only Spicy bean burgers seemed to be missing again.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I've been shopping and got birthday presents which I hope will be liked. The shops are already getting more and more festive, and it's weeks away. When I went to Aldi on Tuesday they already had puddings and boxes of chocolates, mind you they also had arborio rice which they only get as a special every so often, so my husband won't be going short of risotto for a while. When we were hearing about the impending shortage of turkeys a couple of weeks ago (we don't particularly like it) my husband's comment was I'd rather have that rice and prawn stuff. Actually Aldi was pretty well stocked up and quiet. They didn't have a twin pack of steak but plenty of single packs. I got everything I went for. There's been no queues out of the filling stations here either but they are busier than normal and the BP one had no fuel for 2 days. The weather is still atrocious and the central heating is on.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Well - I hope you’ve all had your lunch by now?
    Didnt want to put you off your food, but we found a desiccated rat hidden in the insulation…could have been therefor 30 years or more!

What sort of things are in short supply Bones?.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X