X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    The weather didn't know what to do yesterday. I'd no sooner seen the revised forecast for a cloudy day with no rain than the heavens opened. An hour later bright sunshine that lasted nearly all day. My sister came to the allotment and left with two barely liftable bags of apples, half a dozen sweetcorn, a black tray of grapes and a few salad bits. I think the apple tree probably breathed a sigh of relief at it's weight loss.
    Later we went hospital visiting, an upsetting experience, particularly for my husband. How can such a modern building be so utterly depressing? How can they be allowed to make rooms for patients without windows?
    This morning the sun is shining brightly I am happy to say. We both slept late for some unknown reason.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 20-09-2021, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, it’s foggy and a chilly 9 degrees this morning. Notice a real change in the temperature now. Looks as though it has to be a dull day for us.
    Got loads of apples from our one tree and no idea what to do with them. Making more chutney but need to have a think on what to do with the rest!
    Domestics first, well after a coffee, machine is ready to go do help yourself.
    Have a great day everyone. x

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning folks

Didn't bother going car booting yesterday because the weather was rubbish!

Off to allotment at some point today (weather permitting). I have three different lots of onion sets to plant, Also weeding will be high on the priority list but I can combine some of this with lifting tatties if I can find where I planted them through the weed growth,
    I may also plant out some turnips I started in modules, plant some more garlic and pot on a late sowing of spring cabbage into larger pots. Plenty to keep me occupied!

Take care and TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Wow - that IS early isn’t it!

Dull and damp here and it looks like it rained overnight.
    Think I need to get on with sorting and emptying the bedroom we want to renovate.
    I went through several boxes yesterday and got more things for charity / recycling/ bin.
    Its quite refreshing having a bit of a clear out

I love craft fairs too Bren. I ‘ve not had a stall on a fair now for a couple of years but one year I had a lady selling willow stars on the stall next to me.
    She spent the whole weekend sat there making loads more so I got a good idea how to make them. I should have a go!

Time for another brew before I set to ….help yourselves peeps!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Those early hospital appointments are the best no driving around trying to find a space and you seem to be in and out again quick.

It looks like being a sunny day but not to hot with it.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning Mr Bones and all.

Gracious, I didn't realise you could get appointments that early! Hope it goes well.

Sun's just coming up and not a cloud in the sky. So far....

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

Taking FIL for a hospital appointment at 7.00 so have to be out early.

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Good to see you Peteyd….

Swimming?…. Now you are making me feel guilty

I love car boot sales - not been to one for almost 2 years…did you buy anything Snadge?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening, well in the end it rained for all of 5 minutes so i spent most of the day out and about.

Good to see you Peteyd hope it stayed fine enough for you to cut your grass.

Enjoy your evening..

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning All,

Lovely day here today. have been for a swim, now planning on what to have for lunch before i tackle the grass!

Apologies for the Radio Silence for the past week or so. Life sometimes has a nasty habit of getting in the way!

Hope all have been keeping well and are fighting fit for the week ahead.

Enjoy your Sunday Folks

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Beautiful sunny day here so we will probably go to the beach.

Car boot sales, I just love them, it's like Alladins cave, you never know what you might find.
    My daughter did bead work for years and always went to sell her craft work there,
    Happy Sunday and have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning all, dull again this morning but I think it’s to brighten up later. It poured during the night though.
    Congratulations Snadger on your forthcoming granddaughter, how exciting. These reveal parties seem to be a thing from America…much rather have the surprise myself.
    Anyhoo, enjoy your Sunday folks, catch you later.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

I've bought lots of interesting things from car boots over the years I like the randomness of them, they're a bit like charity shops but much larger.

Went out for the day yesterday to Elvaston Castle Woodland Festival all outdoors organised by the Council so hand sanitizer stations and plenty of space to look around at the exhibits, stalls and demos. plus things to have a go at like pole lathe and willow work.

It looks like todays heavy rain has been downgraded to a couple of spells of light rain.

Enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Car boot sales... That's a blast from the past. Mr Snoop used to love them. Just before lock-down, we discovered that some Brits organised one relatively close to us, but we never got to go. The Covid figures are improving here, so maybe we'll all get back to some semblance of normality soon. I don't think Mr Snoop would be able to resist a car boot sale.

No rain forecast here today. And due to be relatively breezy. Will give everything a good water, as we're due to bring water up from the well today.

Discovered yesterday that something is now eating my red chillies. Only the red ones. Find that very hard to believe but there were only three when there should have been plenty. Enough to put together for a photo for the Vine show in any event. Harrumph and double harrumph.

Right, better get on with the day. Thanks for the extra brew, guys. Put an extra smile on my face. Sending lots more back your way.

Have a great one, everyone. Eat some courgettes for me.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.
    Another brew anyone? Not coffee though GF, sorry. I've managed to successfully give it up, and really not missing it at all. So it'll be tea, green tea, or mint tea, take your choice.

No car boots round here again yet, Snadge. Enjoy yours

Have a good Sunday all.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X