• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

Have you cleaned my muddy boots yet they're not outside the room

So sorry Nick….I caught one of the maids trying them on!

https://www.shishop.top/ProductDetai...13516&pr=75.99

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. We have the sun after a week of grey skies.
    I need to make a quick trip into town this morning.
    Looking after my grandson this afternoon so looking forward to that.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Up late today. Rather overdid the vino last night... The smiles left earlier because I've been so sluggish. Not very good company for them.

Fortunately, not much on the cards today. Potentially visiting a friend later this afternoon and that's about it. Plus a bit more bindweed removal and cover crop sowing if I can summon up the energy for it.

Hope you all have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all
    First up?….ok…breakfast trays are outside your bedroom doors - enjoy!
    Have you cleaned my muddy boots yet they're not outside the room

I love how you lot all know what day it is ... to me its just another day since I retired

Today I shall be mostly trying to be good and avoiding the mince pies down stairs as I've got my 1st face to face appointment with the new diabetic nurse ( the old one took my advice and finished early ) and this one wants to see the blood sugar readings(which I don't usually bother with) and the last time I had mince pies the readings went through the roof !

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    My filing system is "cr*p". Yes I can actually find paperwork but not quickly. It ought to be more organised. Just been looking for a reg doc that I haven't needed in over 2 years. Found it of course but in my younger days I used to have proper files, now it's just a big box.

I never got to the allotment yesterday. I had to go to town in the morning, a very rare event these days and then meet with an elderly relative's social worker in the afternoon. Afterwards I spent a good hour emptying the car (allotment shed extension). My husband did offer to help but he is even less organised than me. At least when I do it everything that actually belongs at the allotment goes in one large ikea bag, everything that belongs indoors comes in, everything to go into the new car goes in another bag and rubbish straight in the bin. My husbands method would have been everything in bags mixed up willy nilly. I must pick up prescriptions while I am out.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Hair cut for me this morning then nipping over to the shops I've almost run out of Stardrops.

Enjoy your eggy day Nicos 5 dozen is a lot to get through.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Seeing as its Friday I usually have fish yo eat. Prescription needs putting in then after taking Kato for a walk I may sneak away for a couple of hours fishing! Maybe even catch myself a trout for lunch/dinner?

Have a good day.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning All,

Best day of the week - the whole weekend is ahead of us!

New tyres on the car tomorrow morning then off to the tennis courts to trim a hedge.

Happy friday all

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.
    Thanks for the tea Nicos, ooh and are there croissants, what a treat!

Grory hop C&C today in a little while, no tissues to be had, so I shall have to nip into the store next door and see if they have any.

My mum gets through a huge amount, she can blow her way through 8 before getting up in the morning. Partly great age of course, but she has always needed to blow her nose a lot - I suspect it stems from being hit on the nose with a brick as a child. She was one side of the hedge pushing the pram of twins she was baby-sitting, and some lads the other side of the hedge were chucking bricks up to knock down conkers. She has always said it was so lucky the brick didn't hit the babies in the pram, never mind the fact that her face was black and blue for a fortnight.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We have over 5 dozen eggs again so it’s scrambled egg for me for breakfast and a baking sesh later on today.
    Did you get your flat packs finished Snadge?

We have to go to a mega DIY store in the next couple of weeks and it’s right near IKEA!…guess where I have every intention of accidentally nipping into? I wonder if they have their Xmas decorations out yet?
    I was only saying to OH that it’s 6 weeks until the beginning of December ( when we start putting up our decorations) so we really need to crack on with the bedroom renovation so there is no more dust once they go up.
    Still….there’s plenty of Autumn left to thoroughly enjoy yet!

Enjoy your day peeps- nearly weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    First up?….ok…breakfast trays are outside your bedroom doors - enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Peteyd I do like blended soups sometimes for a change especially when I come home from a walk freezing there's something soothing about a mug of homemade soup.

Snadger my shorts are away and I doubt they'll be out again this year, mind you it felt that cold out earlier I could have done with my lined trousers.

Sounds like you had a perfect outing Nicos.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Afternoon all. Just finished my dinner, or lunch if you are posh!

Its my egg day today so I had a Spanish inspired frittata along with French inspired Lentils. The frittata had a bit of everything in it, six farm eggs,an onion,mushrooms,a courgette,cheese,leftover ham plus one of Kato's chicken legs I roasted for him with the meat removed (I roasted three so he still has two).
    Just lit the woodburner. I don't know whether because I am getting old I feel the cold more, but still sticking with the shorts for the time being.
    Had a good session at allotment earlier, emptying car of cardboard and laying it on top of weedy paths. Pulled some beetroot for my next door neighbour and after hoeing area planted 25 red onion sets. Covered them with grass cuttings as a mulch.

Tickled over the border where I had some spuds to make sure I had got them all then dibbered in about 20 leeklets I had waiting in the wings.
    Tidied up a large Confrey plant. It never ceases to amaze me how much growth it puts on in a season even though I chop it down regularly for fertiliser.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Bren In Pots i did go a bit off-piste with it a bit and blended the soup to quite smooth and then added a bit more haddock at the end.

Nicos basically smoked haddock soup - very hearty and delicious. sort of thing that feels like a warm hug in a bowl

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all
    nice and sunny here too although there is definitely a chill in the air.

Hibou’s coat has started to thicken so that’s a good indication of lower temperatures.

Yesterday was lovely…..we parked up in the middle of nowhere with fantastic views all around. Not one thought of jobs to do at home - very restful both mentally and physically.
    Just as we were about to leave a combine drove into the field next to us and started shredding the maize , so we sat and watched them for about an hour. There is something about watching others working isn’t there?

I could do with doing a quick grory hop but we can manage without so I imagine this afternoon will involve collecting plasterboard whilst it’s still dry out there. Don’t need it yet, but there’s no harm in planning ahead!

Petyd…pottery class and beach….sounds wonderful! * wanders off to look up what exactly Cullen Skink is!…..

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X