X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning.
    It looks like being another fine day here laundry's out and sourdough is proving so I'll be of on the Grory hop later.
    Some cars just make you smile when you drive them, mine was a little red mini the car we have now is a practical Berlingo seats 5 and with the seats tipped forward we can camping gear and bikes in.

Peteyd I've not had Cullen Skink for ages might have to make it some time soon.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning All,

Last night was soup making night for me as MrsD was out and i was bored! first time making Cullen Skink - huge success!

Pottery class tonight so i'll go and sit on the beach and read a book while i wait for it to start. there is something so peaceful about sitting on the beach - especially when its poor weather!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Today was a very unexpected day. This morning we sort of were going on a preliminary look of cars for sale, particularly estate cars. I realised early on that estate cars were going to be far too low long term for my husband and so our criteria sort of changed.
    We ended up buying a new car, new to us that is, ten years newer than our old faithful. I will never "love" it like the one we have now (Big, big powerful engine and amazing sound system) but it is far more sensible. Maybe this is the way of things to come. A car will just be a thing to get us from A to B. But it is sad to say goodbye to power and noise.
    Hard to say goodbye to a car you love. Mr Snoop still laments the end of his Citroen XM. Very, very occasionally he gets the tyres to squeal on my ancient Vitara. But I never complain, as it brings a wistful smile to his face. Just as well it hardly ever happens, though.

So, it's official: frost on the car windscreen this morning up by the house. A few days earlier than our usual earliest frost and a week or so earlier than recent years. The overnight low for the nearest village was 9 ºC. Definitely much chillier in our valley, then. What a good excuse to light the range when I got up. A bit of a luxury, but firewood is not in short supply this year.

Not sure what today will bring. Bought some spinach and broad bean seeds as green manure yesterday. So clearing a few more beds and sowing those seems like a good idea. Night-time temps due to rise in a few days, so they should at least germinate.

Have a great day, everyone. Far too dark out there for the smiles to see where they're going, but I'm sure they'll head off to see you in a couple of hours or so.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Mothhawk I renewed my husband's ( age 91 at the time) badge last year. I was amazed how quick and easy it was online too. We had our covid booster this week but when I booked it it said it had to be six months after the second vaccine. We just were within the criteria.
    Today was a very unexpected day. This morning we sort of were going on a preliminary look of cars for sale, particularly estate cars. I realised early on that estate cars were going to be far too low long term for my husband and so our criteria sort of changed.
    We ended up buying a new car, new to us that is, ten years newer than our old faithful. I will never "love" it like the one we have now (Big, big powerful engine and amazing sound system) but it is far more sensible. Maybe this is the way of things to come. A car will just be a thing to get us from A to B. But it is sad to say goodbye to power and noise.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all.
    I've just finished renewing my mum's disabled parking badge online. I must say it was very simple and easy to do thank goodness, much easier than having to plough through the many pages of the paper form trying to decide which boxes need filling in.

Oh, happy Birthday Mr Nicos

No inkling yet when Mum will get her 'flu jab or booster covid. It's a "don't ring us, we'll ring you" order on the medical centre phone. You'd think at 103 she'd be nearer the front of the queue really...

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    It is the greyest of mornings, so depressing.
    Off out to get my flu jab.

Happy birthday to Mr. Nicos, have a lovely day.
    Will catch up later.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    The forecast for today is cloud all day but at the moment the sun is shining brightly and it looks rather pleasant outside. I slept badly again but the ache in my arm has nearly disappeared.
    Happy birthday Mr Nicos!
    I'm hoping the postie brings me a new handset for the HDD box this morning as the old one is on the verge of giving up the ghost now even after stripping it down again. The three buttons I use most, particularly fast forward (through the adverts and sports pundits) are just about worn out.
    I'm hoping to get a few hours at the allotment today, particularly if the sun keeps disobeying the forecast. Maybe get some washing to dry outdoors too.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morninng all

Looking at a pile of flatpack furniture on living room floor which I will attend to today. Couldn't be arrisd lats night so sat down and watched a film instead!

Jobs for today are to clear the living room of flatpack furniture, walk Kato and maybe order some logs?

Retired to the back room with the log burner last night as it was a bait chilly out. Surprised we haven't had a frost yet as it must have come close to it?
    Summat to look forward to on Wednesday is rib-eye steak yum! Probably have new potatoes and asparagus with it as I am a little bit sick of salad and it certainly aint salad weather!

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks for the burpday wishes …I’ll pass them on

Off out soon in the camper and it’s looking sunny at the moment which is brill.

You do know you’ll be needing yet another freezer don’t you Snoop?.

See ya later peeps!…have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like being a dry day here so a mix of indoor and out today hopefully with a walk later.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    First things first: happy birthday, Mr Nicos.

Morning all.

Chilly out, but looks like we're in for another bright day. The solar batteries will like that. They're working hard now the days are much shorter. Going to be cloudy towards the end of the week, so that'll be difficult for them. But the nights are due to warm up, so that's a plus.

Today's jobs: bit of work, bit of billing, another afternoon visit to the hospital, this time ENT. Plus, time to look at the non-frost hardy leeks and decide what to do with them. If the nights do get warmer, I don't need to actually do anything with them just yet. The freezers are both pretty full... And I fancy putting a few packets of lamb and quince tagine away for winter too.

The smiles say it's too cold out at the moment and even the dogs have gone back to bed after their breakfast. The sun's properly up, though, so I'm sure they'll head off soon.

Hope you all have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    We do something very similar to you Bren In Pots , we sit down on a Tuesday evening and plan for the next weeks shop which always comes on a Friday. We do have a staple of a simple pasta dish on a thursday as its our "Busy" evening as i go to Pottery class and MrsD practices with her band.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I don't think its boring Snadger we do a weekly menu along with our shopping list it saves standing looking in the cupboard or fridge thinking what to have each day.

We always have Tagliatelle and bol Saturday evening MrPots used to cook it while I was at work and its sort of come a tradition. He does make a good bol and pasta both homemade without a jar in sight

Not been far today only to the gate to pick up the milk, sorted out compost bins this morning then going through paper work and shredding this afternoon.

Enjoy your evening.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Had my pneumonia jab! It must be like the TB jab I had many years ago as I was told its a once only jab.
    That's brilliant news. I had rather a painful arm afterwards. Would be glad to avoid that again.

Good work on the diet, too. I suffer from a dreadful lack of willpower...

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I tend to buy similar things every week too: boneless chicken thighs, minced beef, steak, smoked bacon, some kind of stew meat in Winter, and of course frozen prawns. I visit the fishman every few weeks but we haven't had a lot of fish lately because the top of the freezer with the fish in is piled high with stuff that has to be moved to get into it and I am lazy. I must find a new home for the "stuff" as I have actually promised my husband "proper" fish in batter and chips this week.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X