X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All First day of my week off and it's not raining! Good start. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all.

Yep, noticeably cooler this morning, been round shutting a few windows. Taking car for MOT after lunch so will probably have to dig deep to pay for summat that's the matter, usually do!
    Walking dog first then trip to allotment to drop off cardboard and drop prescription in on way home.

What an exciting life I live!

Hows the camper getting on Nicos? I have suddenly got a yearning to buy one again.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Evening!
    Got rained off so made the most of the cooler weather and did some baking and then accidentally had a bit more than ‘40 winks’ as my grandpa would call it
    Dont normally have a snooze in the afternoon so that was unusual….is that me getting into ‘grandma mode’?
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend? We had a lovely chat with our granddaughter this morning…awwww….
    Granny nap Nicos!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all
    Still in bed with a cuppa, 17 degs according to the phone but it feels quite chilly.

Enjoy the day

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    I do lofve a good new load of firewood. something about it give you a really smug feeling that you're ready for what winter throws at you. Power cut? no problem, Boiler packs up? no worries, Chestnuts? sorted!

Spend most of my time today getting the garden ready for a viewing tomorrow before i headed off to work. its supprising how quickly you can get it looking decent.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    A very pleasant afternoon sitting outside, not too hot or cold and no wind or rain. Until about 10 years ago when her daughter went off to university my sister had outdoor parties for many years at the end of July (her birthday). Looking back I cannot believe how many were spoiled to some degree by heavy rain or gales. She invested in strong gazebos with sides eventually. Today the star of the event was her first grandson.
    We are all getting so old! Today a topic of conversation was the comfort of flat shoes and how none of us were going back to higher heels after lockdown. It doesn't seem that long ago when we older ones were embarrassing the younger generation by discussing their shaving habits.
    It was really, really nice to have a "normal" afternoon. I didn't realise how much I had missed it.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.
    It was a beautiful sunny day.
    Had grandson for lunch and we sat outside doing the crossword in the Sunday papers.
    He and my husband then went out and bought a new computer.
    The old one was on the point of giving up.
    Spent the evening deadheading and watering.
    Hope all had a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evening!
    Got rained off so made the most of the cooler weather and did some baking and then accidentally had a bit more than ‘40 winks’ as my grandpa would call it
    Dont normally have a snooze in the afternoon so that was unusual….is that me getting into ‘grandma mode’?
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend? We had a lovely chat with our granddaughter this morning…awwww….
    Last edited by Nicos; 25-07-2021, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

only just made that in time!

nicer day today, more like a typical English summer day.

Thanks for the heads up about you being off next week Flo….I’ll hunt out me brollies!

Just having a quick brew then back to the graft.
    Good news about pallets and cardboard….

see ya later peeps!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all,
    The sun is still shining here but it's a little cooler.
    Plants all watered and sone deadheading done.
    No plans for the day other than grandson coming for lunch.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

A good find with that wood Snadge, I walked past a house that was un-wrapping new internal doors 6 of them after a quick chat I ended up with enough card board to cover my veg plot.

Enjoy your Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Dull here too and showers forecast. Pan's on for FEB. Have a lovely Sunday. I'm on leave all next week and determined to have a good rest. Here's hoping

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

On the subject of wood for logburner I was pondering whether to order a large load, but didn't have the energy or time to load and stack it.
    I was out walking my dog and passed a garden close by that had loads of seasoned wood stacked. I got talking and the guy was selling his house and needed to get rid of the wood piles. I managed to talk him inn to deliver a small manageable load for a very good price.

Amazing what and who you come across while dog walking.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Quite overcast and grey here at the moment. Originally we were supposed to have atrocious weather this weekend with lots of heavy rain but they keep moving it forward, now it's supposed to be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    We're off out to a family gathering this afternoon. Some of them I haven't seen for well over a year. One niece has got married (at third attempt with about half a dozen guests due to lockdown), pregnant, and had her baby since I saw her last.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 25-07-2021, 07:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Odd, isn't it Nicos? Despite the recent weather, I've been thinking about getting in touch with our firewood delivery man. Problem is I suspect he's thinking of giving up doing firewood as he has a proper day job now, as does everyone in his family. So, no need for extra cash. Might have to find someone else... Which would be a bore, but not the end of the world.

Done some of my watering today but a bit more to go. Better step on it, as it's getting quite warm already.

Have a good day, everyone. Smiles over by the kettle and the tub of buns. Made yesterday, so not absolutely fresh. But better than no buns. Especially split open like scones with a bit of jam in them...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X