X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its dry just now but rain due from lunch time onwards.

Good luck with those flat packs Snadger

I'd best get on have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

A few aches and pains this morning after spending all day yesterday stripping the camper out. Still not finished 'stripping' yet but well on the way. This is an old camper from 1981. I have the original price which was just over £9000 delivered and weeks later a bill for £3500 for the conversion from new. The workmanship was shocking for such a relative high price at the time and I hope the firm, which is still on the go doing conversions and pop top additions similar to mine on new vans, have improved their quality somewhat!

Anyway, enough of that, off to Son's soon after dog walking and hopefully his flat packs will be better quality than my Vanettes interior.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all

It's a bit nippy as yet - only 7 degs and quite clear. Supposed to be reasonable until rain arrives early afternoon so probably get down the allotment to potter and cultivate my social skills this morning

Meanwhile, kettle's on so help yourselves to a Saturday brew

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening Its good that you're both got your boosters sorted Greenishfing we have our Flu jabs on Monday at the local pharmacy so a quick in and out.

Enjoy your evening.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I hope the pong subsides before your neighbours discover your "smelly" secrets mothhawk. If the smell doesn't disappear they'll probably get used to it....eventually. I got a text today to book a booster coronavirus vaccine. The trouble with these NHS texts is they never specify who they are for. I receive texts for my husband, my brother in law, my sister in law and myself as none of the others are really happy using a mobile phone and theirs are turned on intermittently. Never mind, I rang up and got a booster booked for my husband and myself at the same time within a mile of where I live and the girl on the phone was very helpful...and no long queue on the phone.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 01-10-2021, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    I got 2 more bags of coxes, Nicos, so I'll definitely try a tarte tatin. They freeze beautifully too, staying a buttery cream colour and not oxidizing at all.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all. Grory hop this morning so didn't get much else done. I did get 3 bags of FYM for the front beds though. It has a bit of a pong but hopefully that will disappear before the neighbours realise where the smell is coming from.

Right, time for a brew, then clearing out the Fench beans is the job ahead.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Snadger I'm another who loves putting flat pack furniture together these days although I have bad memories of the early MFI horrors where there were either bits missing, holes in the wrong places or wrong bits in the box. I remember once nearly getting thrown out of one of their stores when I had to go back and complain for the third time about a stool and they tried to treat me (young, blonde, female at the time) as if it was my fault. I did eventually walk out with a fully assembled (display) model of the offending item when I demonstrated to a packed store how the seat was for a smaller item and simply fell through the hole. My mother who wanted the item was cringing in embarrassment in a corner.
    I can't wait to see both your and Nicos's camper vans when complete. I've never done one but have remodelled a few boats with my husband over the years which tend to have similar obstacles to overcome with trying to fit everything in.
    I'm glad you are getting your log problem sorted Nicos.
    Just got back from care home birthday visit which went far better than we expected. Unfortunately the weather keeps alternating between short spells of sunshine and heavy showers so the allotment is postponed until tomorrow. I think I'll make a batch of pasta bakes next.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    It's still breezy but the sun's out and nice and bright so time to pop down the lotty. Compost to turn and veg to pick.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
    So you're an old age traveler eh Nicos
    Oi you….less of the ‘Old’ if you don’t mind matey!

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    So you're an old age traveler eh Nicos

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Morning all.
    The sun is shining and its bright and breezy but just 10degs.
    The dahlias are still in full flower but there are tons of dead heads to be removed.
    I started my onion setts in modules before I went away and they have made a good bit of growth.
    Unpacking and laundry are the order of the day.
    My daughter and g daughter are calling this after noon so I probably wont get to the garden today.

Nicos, your camper is shaping up really well.
    Glad to hear your OH got your money back for the firewood
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Congrats, Snadger and Nicos and her OH.

In a right rush this morning. Off to the hospital yet again. Nothing urgent and I don't expect anything to come of it. Very boring, but they're looking after me.

Have a great day this, everyone. The smiles went rushing off after the dogs and Frankie with Mr Snoop on their walk and say they'll head off from their most northerly point.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning all,

Busy weekend ahead, need to get the garden ready for the rubbish weather ahead!

Happy Friday all!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning and welcome back Bramble.

Its good you got your money Nicos wonder how many others this has happened to?

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Well, I say that but it’s my pillows that I miss the most when I’m away…I’ve got them just as scrunchy and as puffy as I like them.
    Do other people miss their own pillows or is it the mattress you miss more?
    Mines the pillow as well, I like an almost flat one so usually I resort to using a folded towel.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X