X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    I love the idea of thinking up different recipes each week for a specific meat each day.
    Its very easy to fall into having a regular repartee of say10 recipes which you do well….I love to experiment.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Had my pneumonia jab! It must be like the TB jab I had many years ago as I was told its a once only jab.

Got Kato chicen thighs and legs and treat myself to some frozen Tuna as its Tuna Tuesday.

I am still sticking with my One Meal A Day OMAD which I have been on for roughly 7 months now. I've been cheating a bit lately though with a bag of salted nuts before I go to bed!

Monday Chicken,Tuesday Tuna,Wednesday Beef steak,Thursday eggs,Friday fish,Saturday (my favourite!) a Full English and Sunday a dinner with a roast joint of meat (whatever I fancy)
    Its not boring at all and each days meal uses the same basic ingredients each week just cooked differently with lots of new recipes I look up on google.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Nicos I'm just trying to think what sort of "threat" a day out in the camper could cause?
    Treat !…treat!…blinking autocorrect!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon all.

Now there's a thing. We had pneumonia and flu jabs last year. I thought the pneumonia jab was an annual thing. Maybe not if you had one ten years ago, Bramble. No announcement yet as to our flu jabs. Hoping we might get a Covid booster jab at the same time. Then I might think about travelling to the UK. Not keen to fly at the moment.

It's a public holiday here today, but we're busy in this household. It's a lovely day, so I've been out, watering, weeding and massacring snails and caterpillars. My first caterpillar hunt in ages. The wasps have done a tremendous job, but the cold weather is slowing them down now.

I've been looking at seeds too, Peteyd, and still pondering on the plot enlargement for next year. Mr Snoop thinks I'm being over-ambitious and should start closer to the house. He's buttering me up with talk of a polycarbonate greenhouse structure against a stone wall. I could easily be persuaded... It seems ridiculous, but I really want to grow onions. The kind I like for cooking with that are nigh-on impossible to buy in this area and when I do find them, you're talking about 40 p an onion, and not a big one at that.

I picked a few quince this morning but I'm not sure they're entirely ripe. Sweet smelling, but not the full perfume I'd expect. They look pretty, though.

Right, that's more than enough blather. On with the show. There's a chimney to be cleaned. The smiles scarpered early when they heard that was on the cards for today. Not a nice thing for a smile, to be covered up by a mask or soot. Bet they'll be taking refuge with you all day today, just in case.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Especially Mr Nicos in readiness for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 12-10-2021, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A nice morning her with patchy sunshine.
    Lots of odd jobs to catchup on today so that should keep ne busy.
    I had my pneumonia jab about 10 years ago.
    Flu jab for me tomorrow.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Morning All,

Went into the garage and took a look at the wood store... and promptly turned around and walked out again. a job for another day i think!

Did my seed order last night, have got some exciting things on the way... just need to find somewhere to sow everything as i appear to have bought enough to keep a small farm going for several years!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Heavy, grey sky this morning. Not very promising at the moment.
    Nicos I'm just trying to think what sort of "threat" a day out in the camper could cause?
    Snadger, chicken thighs for the dog. He sounds wonderfully spoilt.
    Bren I picked a minuscule cucumber this week, the size of my ring finger and it still tasted nice.
    Aching arm for us both this morning but that was to be expected.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Enjoy your jab Snadge
    They seem to give the one off pneumonia and shingles jabs at different ages here compared to the UK…so I think maybe I should look into that and ask my GP - thanks for the reminder.

MH- sorry, I’ve no idea about potting on - maybe ask on the fruit section?
    Ta muchly for the tea - I wondered who had left it for me… and in my favourite mug too!

see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Morning n’alln’all

Less misty today here.
    Yesterday I tried to order a special scalf for my OHs burpday - to arrive tomorrow. But guess what- I couldn’t get the order to go through.
    In the end I decided I was doing something wrong and had to ask OH to help….he was thrilled with the choice ,so that was good. Frustratingly he couldn’t get it to go through either so there must be a problem with the site
    Looks like I’ve spoilt his surprise and also when we do get the order through , it won’t arrive on his burpday

Ah we’ll. At least I chose well in theory. We had agreed no gifts this year because of the cost of the ‘extras’ for the camper…but it’s still nice to unwrap something isn’t it?
    Not going to get a chance to go out today so I’m a bit stumped. A day out in the camper is a threat though in itself

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Have an appointment for a pneumonia jab at 8.45. Never had one of those before and never had pneumonia before so here's hoping I don't get a bout after the jab! It must be all part of the protect the oldies that the NHS seem to favour?

After that do a tiny bit of shopping mainly for Kato's chicken legs or thighs that he likes with his dinner.

After that I am on babysitting duties for a 15 year old grandson suspended from school........so that should be fun

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

A cool start here as well mothhawk just had a wonder around the garden, I don't hold out much luck for the 3 remaining cucs they're the size of my little finger so not sure if they'll grow much more but I'll give them a chance.

Can't give any advice about your apple trees MH never moved a established tree, maybe ask of the fruit forum.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.
    Chilly outside ATM though the sky is blanketed in cloud. No breeze to move it on either.

I'm thinking of taking my two apple trees out of their tubs and putting them in the ground instead. They'll be far happier and it will save a lot of watering next year. As they've been in the tubs several years I suppose each one is full of roots. Would it hurt to trim them a bit, do you think, or should I just dig huge holes and put the whole lot in?

Kettle's on by the way

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Snadger I'd wait until nearer the time to decide about Christmas. It's still weeks away. No idea what we're doing yet but it's odds on I'll be cooking a dinner for friends and/or family or whoever wants to come.
    We've just had our covid boosters (pfizer) in a big tent in a local supermarket car park. Very organised again and easy to park.
    Off to the allotment now for a couple of hours.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon all.

Bright out, but very chilly this morning. Mr Snoop is going to have to do some tidying so the garage can be used for its proper purpose as the car, left outside, didn't want to start this morning.

Had to go into the village for boring stuff (post, doctor's, chemist's, that kind of thing). But it was lovely seeing the hills. Lovely in the autumn light.

Got a bit of work to do this afternoon. But it's a public holiday tomorrow, so got to get it done today.

I didn't see the smiles leave before I set off. It was just under 5 ºC and I'm pretty sure they were still tucked up in their sleeping bag. Not here now, so I'm guessing they left when it warmed up.

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We now have wall to wall sunshine!…lovely Took it’s time though

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X