X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Made a Mary Berry chocolate cake for Mr Snoop's birthday in the end. Loads left over, so help yourself Jay (and anyone else). The first chocolate sponge cake I've ever made. Was really pleased with the result. The chocolate topping could have been a bit more professional, but I just used the stirring spoon to spread it about to save on the washing up... Now thinking I need to buy a cake tin if I'm going to start making cakes like this. Better not make them too often, mind. A horrendous amount of sugar in it. But we've got two sets of visitors on the horizon now that the Covid situation here is calming down a bit and the kids will undoubtedly be keen to make and eat cake!

Bright-ish here at the moment, but looking like it could get very cold later. There's a chilly wind kicking up. Quite a cold night last night, so need to start thinking about clearing some plants. Got a lot of leeks... Basil too. And some giant courgettes that I've been ignoring as we've got so many already. Quite a few squash to bring in as well.

Mr Snoop has taken my car in for its six-monthly MOT. It's an ancient Vitara but everyone loves driving it, especially me. Fingers crossed it keeps on going.

More work and billing for the day, but a nap will definitely be on the cards. Can barely keep my eyes open already.

Have a great day, everyone. The smiles have had enough of looking at Mr Snoop's birthday cake and are heading off before the weather changes.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    How's your little man doing Peteyd, is he back to is usual self ?
    Very much so thank you Bren, he was helping to unpack the shopping the other day by carrying the glass jars on his head...

No much happening here today apart from trying not to get swept away in the monsoon.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    good morning all,this weather is a definat shock to the system,belated good wishes to MR and MRS snoop,done first cake in new oven last night,was more like MY cooking,not ready to move into just yet,but getting there,cannot believe it is mine ,the girls are a good laugh,they only got to hear my voice or see me,and they come running up for a treat,so comical,
    for anyone wanting cake,help yourself,along with snoops smiles and coffee from Jay,i now got the computor to a new place inside,in the warm,so can use it more ,have a good day and stay safe from the weather

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Bright and breezy here with 9 degs.
    We had all that rain pass overnight so hoping for a dry day,
    Off to the library shortly.
    Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, sun’s out but it’s cold and the heating is on for a bit! Domestics for me today but first a coffee. Help yourselves, no cake though…Snoop you need to get baking!!
    Have a great day everyone, catch you later. x

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its wet and windy here, and it looks like the wind sock's going dizzy.

Like Snadger I'll be finding indoor things to do like stripping the kitchen wallpaper.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    When I looked at the weather forecast last night it was horrific for today, all day, but amazingly the sun is shining brightly at the moment. I don't suppose it will last. They can't be that wrong, can they? Due to the awful forecast I'd planned the grory hop for today. I'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all
    First up?
    Best get that kettle on then!

Off out in a sec, so can’t hang around, but I hope no one else is getting the rain and wind that we have going on at the moment!
    See ya later peeps….
    Wind and rain here as well Nicos!

Morning all, looks like I need to do summat indoors as I don't fancy venturing out in that, I have got a couple of plants I bought from Aldi that need planting so if there is a break in the weather I may get those planted.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    First up?
    Best get that kettle on then!

Off out in a sec, so can’t hang around, but I hope no one else is getting the rain and wind that we have going on at the moment!
    See ya later peeps….

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening i was in and out quick for my Flu jab and like last time I've got a sore arm but never mind it's better than getting a full dose of the Flu.

Belated birthday and anniversary wishes to Snoop and Mr Snoop hope you both had a lovely day. xx

The winter quilt went back on the bed last night and I wore trousers today meaning summer is over.

How's your little man doing Peteyd, is he back to is usual self ?

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Hope you're both enjoying your day Snoop. Just got rained off from the allotment and the sweetcorn plants (triffids) are now chopped up in the compost bin. Not enough Padron peppers to make them worth picking today. I did pick another bag of apples though and attached them to my neighbour's door knob when I got home.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Another bright and breezy day here.
    Must go into town this morning..

Birthday and anniversary greetings going your way Snoop.
    Have a lovely day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    You snook in there Snoop!
    Many congrats to you both - enjoy your day

We’re having our chimney swept on Thursday. It’s smoked out a bit once lit and we did wonder if it’s somehow got a bit blocked , but then we realised it was the heavy air pressure .
    Yesterday was really windy and and the draw was amazing. Still, our insurance insists it’s swept one a year, so this Thursday it is!

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Really productive weekend. shifted 2 tonnes of topdressing on the local tennis courts on saturday before the monsoon hit, then sunday was spent prepping the garden for winter (Even the little man helped!)

we even had time to go to the park in the afternoon

Happy Monday All

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Bright sunshine here today

OH is sanding down the oak beams so I may do some work on the camper instead and keep out of the dust

Just time for a quick brew though!

See ya later peeps.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X