X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Clouds scudding across the sky. It's quite windy and cool. With any luck, the clouds will keep on going rather than bank up, but a bit of rain is forecast.

Got a busy day ahead. Work and billing, as per. Plus clean out the range and chimney. We did it at the end of the last season but perhaps need to do it again, as it was a bit smoky last night. Maybe something has fallen down the chimney. That would be a shame, but it was lovely to have it going. So toasty and warm. Looking forward to baking bread in it.

Right, better get on with the day. It's Mr Snoop's birthday and the fortieth anniversary of us meeting. So I'm afraid we've been hogging the smiles a bit this morning. They've just headed out with Mr Snoop, the dogs and Frankie, so should be with you soon. Glad they found you the other day, Bramble.

Have a great one, all.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning, 10°C and sunny here. No rain forecast so we'll see if they've managed to get it right today. Woke up late this morning, probably because I was wide awake in the middle of the night, no idea why. I think some tidying up at the allotment later.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning it feels a bit warmer here today with rain late afternoon, so not to bad.

Flu jab today at the local pharmacy I'll have a browse in the charity shop while I'm out.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all . Am I first up this morning? The sun is out though the clouds are gathering too, so probably rain later. Kettle's on for a second brew.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Well there was no rain forecast for today but I've just got soaked through in a heavy shower. I've stripped the last secondary cobs off the sweetcorn and shared them with my sister. Amazingly these cobs, although smaller, are still pretty much perfect which isn't normal. Also picked a gravel tray of grapes and some Padron peppers and shared them too. We also filled another couple of carrier bags with apples. Although it felt cold there was no threat of rain at the time. That sneaked up on me from nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all. lots of smiles have arrived here carried on the cold wind, Snoop, and they are enjoying the sunshine and clear blue skies. just finished making a bread & butter pudding for afters today. I haven't eaten any bread since the beginning of July, though I still make bread for my mum, so it will be a real treat.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    I hope the pong subsides before your neighbours discover your "smelly" secrets mothhawk.
    I waited till it started to rain yesterday, before spreading the FYM, and any pong seems to have been washed into the ground by the wet. Couldn't smell it this morning, though my nose isn't the finest, but as we have a pig farm up the road, hopefully any lingering whiff will be blamed on them

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning. I never got to the allotment yesterday as the rain set in earlier than expected. Today I am meeting my sister there at noon and she can help herself to more bags of apples. I think it's probably time to strip the last of the sweetcorn off the plants as well.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Its wild and windy out there but its dry.
    No plans for the day so we will take it as it comes.
    I may working the greenhouse,l

Snoop, the smiles have arrived, blown in on the wind, thanks.
    Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

I'm back in doors for a coffee to warm me up we've got bright sunshine pity its cold and windy with it was nice in the GH picking toms though. Waiting for the last few to ripen then the plants can come out and I'll cover the borders with Dalek compost.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Grey and wet here…maybe after getting frostbite Snoop, the smiles are reluctant to get sopping wetness route?
    You can reassure them that the wind has dropped though….plus I have a couple of spare croissants they are welcome to en route ( if I can keep my OH ‘s gnashers off them )

Today will be an indoor pottering day.
    Lots of tidying up of building stuff and clearing of white plaster dust which,despite plastic curtains everywhere ( looks like a crime scene!) , has started settling everywhere

Anyone fancying a brew? I’ve just put the kettle on.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Rain forecast today. 100% probability plus snow at 2000 m. We're at 500 m, so it won't affect us but it's the first snow forecast of the season. Took me aback to see it. I've just looked at a long-term weather forecast for autumn in Spain, written on 31 August. Looks to me like we'll be going back to the kind of weather we had when we first arrived: periodic bouts of rain (good for the well), cold (great for killing off pests) and quite a bit of snow over the winter. The snow is the biggest nuisance, as it wrecks the dirt tracks. But we're much better prepared than the first years we were here.

Plenty to keep me busy this morning. Hoping for a nap this afternoon.

Have a great one, everyone. The smiles say they'll head off in a few minutes. Not sure why they're dithering. Maybe they're hoping to be over the mountains when it snows, but that won't be till this afternoon and they'll be long gone by then. Anyway, they'll be with you at some point.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Cold and breezy here but its dry.
    Laundry blowing in the breeze so it shouldn't take long to dry.
    Grocery shopping this morning and then grandson is visiting with his mam.
    Good luck with all that work Nicos, you wont feel the winter going by.
    Snadgar, if me and hubby ever fell out it was because of flatpack.
    He was hopeless at putting it together and always insisted there must bits missing.
    Snoop, a load of smiles just arrived on the breeze.
    Have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Great day ahead: getting the range sorted for the winter and getting the first lot of wood in (Mr Snoop said he felt a bit cold last night) topping up one of our sets of big solar batteries with distilled water, and good food and wine this evening. So a day of energy supplies, I guess.

Other than that, a little bit of work and a great heap of washing-up, doubtless, by the end of the day.

Have a good one all. Smiles going all over the shop as it looks like everyone will be using a few up today, all the good things we've got going on.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    Looks like we have the sploshy stuff again today!

Got some good news yesterday…we now have a replacement document from Toyota for the camper for its proper weight - so we can crack on with the work inside. There are a few other replacement documents to have reissued before we are back on track for it’s conversion, but at least we know for sure she’ll be ours now
    I still think yours will be up and running before mine Snadge!

So…we now have a camper AND the bedroom renovation to crack on with

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    It's a cold miserable morning here, but not raining yet, that's due later. I awoke at about 7, slid out of bed, turned the thermostat up and slid back in for an hour. When we're both organised I'm off to deliver some pasta bake and then down to the allotment, hopefully without getting soaked.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X