This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooooohhhh, congratulations Nicos! xx

This weekend was spent doing a bit at the allotment, moving some shrubs into the chicken run, emptying the compost and taking that to the allotment (to cover more cardboard for no dig), and then food shoppings etc. I was lovely to see good weather again at a time when I'm not stuck at my desk
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Oh heck, the new curtains are the wrong width. They'll have to do for now. I've had them since November and only just unpacked them, couldn't be bothered until today! Serves me right. I've thrown all the others out. At least they meet in the middle
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all! Oh no Flo that’s not a good start to the week!!
        It beautiful here today but waiting until later to go for a walk because on days like this it’s far too busy.
        Hope you are having lots of FaceTime with your daughter and new baby Nicos , thank goodness we have FaceTime!!
        Enjoy the day everyone, hope you all have the sunshine!! x
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Another grey day here today. Not much rain in the end yesterday, a bit more than that supposedly today. Otherwise, all good. Loads more work to get through and two mistakes to own up to... So some humble pie to be eaten. Just as well it's not fattening. I get through a fair bit of it.

So, on with the day. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, its bright but cold out.I'll need to wrap up well to enjoy being out and about today.

Flo if your happy with the curtain design could you sow a matching/contrasting fabric to extend them, or maybe turn them into cushion covers.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Foggy and damp here. Thanks for the ideas Bren. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                A misty start to the day.
                Off out to collect my prescription from the doctors surgery.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Oh dear Flo...how frustrating

lovely day here too, but a very cold start.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all,a busy day today,am pleased with myself,got domestics done,looks and feels better,man came to look at what we got for moving,will let me know when is worked out a price,wow,summat else in the wings,all good,last night MR gave me a fright,got him stood up to the frame to get ready for bed,and he suddenly had brain freeze,could not do,there i was at back of him arms around to steady him,next thing,lets go of frame,and crumples to the floor,and darned nearly had me with him,managed to deviate away from glass TV and unit,thank the lord,rang a nearby male friend who came and got him up,i was not to clever rest of the evening,it has upset my joints again,i will survive,thats the 3rd time he has had an episode in as many weeks,so deffo getting worse,today new ok,bless him,it is a horrible thing to have,he was a bit bothered about me,said sorry,BUT i reasured him nothing to be sorry about,previously in the day i was resting a lot as i felt not good and a bad head,could not nap,as was expecting a parcel,so it hit me harder than it would have,all fine now,till next time,had a chat with eldest later,and done me good,life,stay safe and do what you want,whilst you can,going to check the dinner now,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                      Good evening all,a busy day today,am pleased with myself,got domestics done,looks and feels better,man came to look at what we got for moving,will let me know when is worked out a price,wow,summat else in the wings,all good,last night MR gave me a fright,got him stood up to the frame to get ready for bed,and he suddenly had brain freeze,could not do,there i was at back of him arms around to steady him,next thing,lets go of frame,and crumples to the floor,and darned nearly had me with him,managed to deviate away from glass TV and unit,thank the lord,rang a nearby male friend who came and got him up,i was not to clever rest of the evening,it has upset my joints again,i will survive,thats the 3rd time he has had an episode in as many weeks,so deffo getting worse,today new ok,bless him,it is a horrible thing to have,he was a bit bothered about me,said sorry,BUT i reasured him nothing to be sorry about,previously in the day i was resting a lot as i felt not good and a bad head,could not nap,as was expecting a parcel,so it hit me harder than it would have,all fine now,till next time,had a chat with eldest later,and done me good,life,stay safe and do what you want,whilst you can,going to check the dinner now,
                      Can you not get any help from social services Lottie. It's a bit much to ask you to cope by yourself.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Went out with dog this morning and just kept walking, and walking, and walking! Dog and I were cream crackered when we got home.
                        Still didn't stop me visiting the allotment this afternoon though!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening all, a quiet but nice day, video call with both kids and their families, everyone's bearing up, daughters moved to a new house, can't wait to be able to visit. Son is making plans to buy a place too when he leaves the forces after 24 years, he already has job plans on the horizon too, happy day. Take care all.

Comment

• Good evening all. The weather stayed cool and grey but I got out for a walk
                            Bumped into a friend while I was out and we had a long catchup.
                            pottered in the garden and sowed some seeds.

Lottie, I hope you can get some home help or support. It's too much for you to manage on your own.
                            Take care of your own health, you can only do do much.
                            Hoping all works out for you.
                            Have a good night all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Completely agree with Snadger and Bramble, LD. I know it's not long till you move, but Social Services will even help to coordinate the move to your new area and get you set up with your new Social Services dept.

Good news, Burnie.

Up early to get a huge file off the internet for work purposes. Downloaded in record time, thank goodness. Sometimes it doesn't half drag on.

The weather reports say mostly sunny today. As they all agree, I'll take it that will in fact be the case. Still too dark out there to be sure. Funny to think that in a few months I'll be out there gardening at this time of day to make the most of the cool. Which reminds me, Mr Snoop has put in the posts, fencing will go up this weekend. And with any luck I shall find time to start off some seeds, or at least get things ready. Loads of work to get through first, though.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Agreeing with the others Lottie . But only you will ‘know’ when you need to ask for the extra help....but don’t make things harder for yourself x

Quick brew...then need to crack on with ‘stuff’
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X