This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I'm ranting.

On a "springier" theme, a pair of bluetits have been guarding all three birdboxes in the garden from allcomers, including greenfinches, and trying to bully the blackbird to move along a bit further away from one box.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• GOOD AFTERNOON ALL COME CHEER UP,,where is the bull dog spirit,3 cheers for better things to come,1 2 3 cheers done,when we are down,we have our outlets,then it's upwards and onwards,that is what keeps me stronger and in better control,just till the next drop in spirits,then it just repeat ,we might have restrictions,but nowhere near as bad as a war,we still have a lot to be grateful for,and do not forget,we have our vine,LD tries to thing of suitable songs to sing,like keep the home fire burning,and we WILL meet again,what can you come up with,lift them spirits,and not out the bottle please hehehehe,have a good day and lets Bgood2ourselves.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• You are amazing lottie xxxx thank you!

Well...share my experience to help lift your spirits maybe?

We got to the coast a couple of hours earlier than the agreed pick up time for food so ,as the tide was just turning and racing in , we did manage a lovely walk along the blustery cold beach. We sat in the shelter of a groyne ( look it up!,,,) and people watched in the sunshine.
        By the time we picked up the seafood and got to a quiet picnic spot on the top of a cliff overlooking the sea it had reached 18C !
        Windchill dropped it considerably but it was just warm enough to eat outside for an hour or so.

Books were read out of the wind and then we set off home getting in 10 minutes before 6pm curfew.

Why is sea air so exhausting?

I’ll try and add a few photos later...

Just doing something different was certainly uplifting...as lottie says - upwards on onwards!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Good Morning All Drizzly here again. We have been offered a jab. Have still to decide whether to book at a vaccination centre or wait to be called to the GP surgery. Second jab will be 12 weeks later. Have a good day All
          I’m the same as you Flo, I’ve had the letter but I’m going to wait for my GP to text. GP is only a 5 min walk away compared with 30min drive. MrP had his with the GP in and out fairly quick.

Its raining and windy here so I’m glad to be home.

Sounds like you had a good day Nicos.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm the same Bren, GP is in walking distance
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Lovely day Nicos,nice memory to have sounds good. Mums the same as Bren & Flo had the letter for a vaccine at a centre but she waited just a few days extra for the GP phone call & had no side effects from the AstraZeneca Oxford jab I started the day happy but now I’m not My neighbours putting a shed up extremely close to the boundary fence,closer than their other shed was (the other shed roof hung over my fence but I didn’t say anything until today because it was between a tree in their garden & the fence & when we paid for the fence to be done,their shed was a bit squashed in & its in an area that it didn’t matter too much but this ones going next to my shrubs). Anyway I said about it & they both said it won’t go over the fence,I didnt mention solicitor but I can see me having to go there soon,why can’t all neighbours be considerate ​​​​​ I think I’ll put trellis up tomorrow,although that’ll make me look really awkward but it saves money having to get legal help? Thanks for listening maybe we should have the minor rant thread again? Reading others rant sometimes makes your own rant feel insignificant & you feel like your problems not as big as you feel. Have a good evening all

Comment

• it was Mrs G's birthday today so I took her to do the shopping at 7:00am got home and ended up out doing nothing I felt really rough this morning ... not sure if it was a blood sugar thing or what but feeling better now ( 11:30 at night !)

SO what I'd planned to do today will probably get done tomorrow now instead and tomorrows jobs Monday...

I envy you Nicos, its been 2 years since we had our trip to Pembrokeshire ... and I miss the Ice cream and fish and chips ... Living in the midlands is a pain sometimes.
                Last edited by nick the grief; 20-02-2021, 11:39 PM.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all.

My windows are open and I can hear the blackbird singing. He's always first.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 21-02-2021, 07:10 AM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning mothhawk, morning all.

Cloudy at the moment. The rain forecasts keep going up and down. Seeing as it's due to start this afternoon, you'd think the various models would have converged on a similar prediction. But no. Could be 10 litres per square metre or 60. Makes a big difference to my weeding plans, but they evidently don't care. Either way, it's a bit chilly and I'm due to walk the dogs shortly. So the weeding's on hold for a bit.

Mr Snoop has gone out shopping after I discovered a lack of cat biscuits. Fortnight since the last shop. Had hoped to go another week or two but whatever animal ate nigh-on the whole 4 kg bag in the garage has made that impossible. Mr Snoop isn't sorry, as he gets to go to the tip as well. So yet more junk will be arriving...

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all
                      Sun is trying to shine, washer is on. Dogs to walk shortly.
                      Plan to be out in the garden , OH wants to get some old dead wood from the trees at the front so thatl be me helping.
                      Also want to prune to prickly devil rosa rugosa and maybe even do some seeds.

Mum had the pfiezer vaccine and was rough for 4days, flu like, aches and exhausted , no appetite. I'm due astra zeneca but not made appt yet.
                      I'm hoping the care home discussion about letting one member in wearing prefer, especially for those who cannot communicate like my dad. He needs his hand held and spoken to or sang to. Mums struggled not seeing him for a yr. I know the old keeping them safe, but the carers are going home and mixing with family then going back in. What's the difference?

Anyway . Stay strong LD , not an easy path but I hope you get moved soon, the changes will be having an effect on you all.

Hope the baby appears soon .

Onwards with the day. Bought some daffs for indoors yesterday, I know they're forced but they're opening and look lovely and spring like.

Enjoy your day everyone.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

no baby.....

looking nice again out there- no specific plans for the day, but oh so many things to choose from!

Bacon and egg butties for breakfast...own smoked bacon, own eggs and OHs bread...yum!

Enjoy your day peeps....be good to yourselves... and go on, do something different/ naughty ..you’ll be glad you did!

Comment

• Oh, and belated Happy burp day to Mrs G.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its sunny out just now but supposed to turn to rain soon.

No real plans here either Nicos maybe a walk if the rains not to heavy. otherwise I intend to sort out my GH it seems to be full of buckets containing either lettuce or parsnips.

For breakfast we had Bacon, eggs, roasted toms (the last of 2020 toms) on a sourdough oatcake.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morni g all from a lovely sunny Dublin.
                                What a change from yesterday's misery.
                                Hope to spend some time outdoor and plan to sow some flower seeds.
                                Have a good Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...