Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, yipeeeeeeeeeeee, won the euro lottery, not that £3.60 is likely to change my life much, barely buy a couple of packets of seeds lol.
    Frosty outside again, but cloud moving in, chance of snow later it seems, take care all and stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      I've found that my car needs a run once a week to stop the battery from conking out, but seeing as we only go out once a fortnight with the Covid problems I'm now thinking it might be better to remove the battery altogether for a few weeks.
      Sorry for the link below being in Spanish, but we have these on our cars. I think they're called quick battery disconnect or battery terminal disconnectors. Very easy to turn and disconnect/reconnect the battery. Saves taking the battery out. Saves a lot of time and trouble in an emergency too. Not sure I'd regard the camper van as a third 'car'. Would you take it out instead of your car? If not, don't get rid of your car. I'd see the 'spare car' as being the camper van... And the camper has its own purpose so isn't really a spare at all.

Interruptor de la bateria - Enlace Interruptor Aislador Coche Camión Barco Vehículos: Amazon.es: Industria, empresas y ciencia

Comment

• Thanks Snoop...OH is going to order one!

neither of us was aware that anything like that existed!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Cold, Wet and tired is the order of the day.

Hopefully a good nights sleep and some sunshine should sort me out... although with a young baby and it being winter...
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Got to work at about half seven to be told they thought I would work from home! I didn't even consider that, but I will in future. Battery was flat despite being only a year old. We haven't used the car since last Tuesday though and Himself was going to start it up Sunday but didn't. Lesson learned.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sounds a bit like my car Flo

how old is your little’un Peteyd?

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Managed to get a good walk in today.
                It's now lashing rain.

Regarding cars, we try to go for a run about twice a week just to make sure the battery doesn't die.
                Our car is ten years old and thankfully hadn't given us any trouble.
                have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon/evening it’s dark so feel like evening plus we’ve just closed the curtains, not been s go day here rain, sleet and wind. So nothing done outside hopefully tomorrow will be better.
                  Take care.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I actually feel I have achieved quite a lot today. An elderly relative was taken into hospital after falling at the weekend, and then moved to another hospital. I had tried to find out what was happening (no visiting...understandable) but had had no joy on the phone until this morning. Oh joy!! I actually got to talk to a helpful doctor. Although there is no visiting I explained how badly her deafness affected her and with his agreement I took her mobile phone (so that she can text) and extra batteries for her hearing aids (for obvious reasons) to the ward entrance and handed them to a nurse. By the time I got home she had texted me and her friends and was so happy that she was in contact with the outside world again even if she would rather be at home, as she as made abundantly clear.

Comment

• * sucks teeth....

We’ve found out today that two of the items we need for the camper are not going to be in stock for weeks and we can’t get them delivered.We’ve looked at alternatives but frustratingly they won’t work and we need them within the week.
                      The only alternative is to drive nearly 2hrs away for them to be loaded into the back of the car whilst we sit and watch them do it.

A 4hr round trip!

The upside is that it’s right next to the coast....so guess who is heading for the seaside tomorrow??????
                      It’ll snow won’t it?

Comment

• gf...you are clearly a really caring person - and give others a lot of joy. Just wanted to say

Comment

• Morning all. Mr Snoop came to bed late. When he got into bed, I couldn't get back off to sleep. So after lying there fuming over this that and the other, I've decided to get up.

Agree with Nicos, GF.

Sounds like it could be time for a take-away plat de fruits de mer, Nicos...

Well, now I'm up, I might as well do some work. Catch you all later.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and All Well done GF Raining hard still. Hi ho, see you later. Enjoy the seaside Nicos and have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Snaw, snaw and more snaw! Just got rid of one lot and there is a 4 inch covering this morning.

Never mind, I suppose dog will like it and I'll get a bit of exercise shovelling snow.......again.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all. It is snowing heavily here and looks as if it has been for a few hours. It is forecast to continue until this evening when it is due to freeze. The scary thing about snow is that less and less young drivers have any experience of driving in it. I remember my own 360° pirouette the first time I braked in it many years ago fortunately at 4am on a traffic free road. Ever since the local weatherman said (a few years ago) that snow would become a once in 20 year event the elements seem to have ganged up to prove him wrong.......a bit like his "barbecue Summer".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X