• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Freeeeeeezing. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Sympathy like from me too, GF. Really sorry to hear about your relative. A leg break is a serious injury for someone of that age. When my mum was in hospital the last time, following a fall that led to severe nerve damage, she used to try to get up in the night to go to the loo rather than call a nurse for a bedpan. And of course she fell every time. They put sides on the bed to try to keep her confined, but then she just kept getting her one good leg stuck, which made it worse. Not easy dealing with elderly independent folk.

In local news, grey, grey, grey out there. Due to start raining soon. Going to be another day like yesterday. Quite a few more to come by the look of it. Hope you're all coping with your weather conditions. Looks very snowy in the UK if the pictures in the press are anything to go by.

Busy day again indoors today. Just as well, doesn't look like I'll be doing much outdoors again.

Have a good day, everyone. Catch you all later. Stay safe.

Comment

• Morning. Thanks for the kind thoughts. The staff did put her on the phone last week but, due to her deafness, she couldn't hear me although I could hear her. She has her own mobile and charger (for texting) but isn't using it. I do know from past experience that large parts of the hospital don't get a signal. When my husband was in there everyone kept visiting his room as you could get a signal in there by the window.
        Freezing cold here and a covering of the white stuff.

Comment

• Morning still plenty of snow and it looks like we were visited by a cat who spent the night under the trailer by the look of the foot prints. No sign of the fox who used to visit though.

It's good news you managed to chat with your relative G/fing even though it must have been a frustrating one sided conversation.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, still snowing here, must be half a foot of it now, only seen this amount once before up here, we had a nice walk in it yesterday and may well go for a walk round the fields later, trying to avoid compacted snow, last thing we want is a fall on ice, take care all and stay warm and safe.

Comment

• Morning all

Supposed to take OH to a distant hospital tomorrow so thought I had better defrost the car. Went to start it and guess what, a flat battery! The car has had little use recently and when it has been used its had heater,lights and windscreen wipers going.
              Went to look in shed for a battery charger. Struggled to get the door open and when I eventually did, I realised why. All my shelving at the back of the shed had collapsed and the insides of the shed look like a bomb has dropped.
              Funny how things always come in threes. I found the battery charger then realised the 20 amp fuse was missing. My car has different fuses so I have jury rigged the battery charger fuse holder with a greenhouse glazing clip bent to shape.

I will check it in a couple of hours and see if I have managed to get any charge into it. The battery was brand new last year.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                The place is white and still coming down.
                Cant see us getting out for a walk today.

Sorry to hear about your relative GF, it must be such a worry.
                Stay safe all and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all, sorry to hear about your relative GF, sending all good wishes! x
                  First snowfall of the year here...am I the only one who likes the white stuff?
                  Hope you are all hale and hearty. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Have spent all morning on the phone ( mostly on hold) trying to sort out some official paperwork/ documents in up the UK.

Still ongoing and very frustrating...* and breeeeeathe ......
                    Very glad to have shaken a leg and motivated myself into facing doing it though.
                    Part of it is topping up backdated shortfall state pension.
                    I was fully paid up when we came here and even got 2 years overpayment returned...only to find out that I now need to top up by quite a few thousand pounds to get the full pension

Check yours out peeps...please learn from my mistake!
                    All our snow has gone apart from tiny splodges which have frozen. I love the white stuff too Jay!!!
                    We are forecast -9C tomorrow night
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hello All,

Much snow has fallen here, managed to make it into work today though... which was... nice i guess...

Absolutely nothing happening in the garden over the weekend, cant even see the veg patch due to snow drifts and the greehouse door has frozen shut!

Stay warm folks!
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^^^ just lit my wood stove and thinking of popping in a rice pudding for later!
                        I may not budge very far this afternoon

Comment

• Good day all,sorry to hear about your relative GF,MR got an appointment with urology,later on,so pleased i booked the NHS transport,i have taken him myself pre covid,but so pleased i did this time on account of the weather,from what i have been tolled on booking it,only dementure patient are concidered,i have to show his RESPECT form,still not had any feed back from the scan,Nicos that made me smile,poor desperate pussies,
                          The good news is,had a call from our estate agent,to see how we were ext ext,although everything is so slow,things are definately on track,later on,i will ring a removals company to see how the land lies,for when i get a DATE to move,i might just also think about packing up,some of the spare stuff in the kitchen,every bit counts,do not feel i belong anywhere at the moment,hey,such is life ay,stay safe and Bgood2yourselves
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I should have been taking another of the elderly in-laws for an ECG at the surgery this morning. I was up early and when the car hadn't defrosted by 9am I set about it only for the man to then ring me to say he'd got the day wrong, he should have gone yesterday........ By the time I went out, delivering pasta bake, all the cars were defrosted. More snow forecast for later but I don't know how much.
                            I used to love snow as a child. All us local kids used to sledge down a nearby field. Now, sadly, I seem to only see the problems it causes.
                            Roll on Spring.😎

Comment

• Still chuckinitdarn wiv snaw here, we went out for a walk but cut it short due to the blizzard, put the re-cycling bin out more in hope than expectation that it will get emptied, you cannot see our foot prints where we've been out, all covered in a blanket.

Comment

• ^^^ wow! Xmas card piccies?...or do you need more sunshine for those?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X