• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Afternoon Snadge!
    I’m doing well on ‘your’ diet...the weight is dropping off ( 5lbs since Monday!) , but I’m starting to freak out by early afternoon, so yesterday and today I decided to have one piece of fruit, so I hope that doesn’t disrupt it too much...we’ll see.
    Having only had the Covid vaccine a week ago, Idon’t want to stress my body too much!
    Today was supposed to be my oven cooked chicken wings and steamed brocolli day, but I did't fancy that so had a full English instead. I was gutted I had no black pudding to go with it though.
    An up side of the diet is that it affects your insulin and blood pressure in a good way. I had my BP checked at the Doc's today and its close to normal wheres I was in heart attack territory previously. They took blood as well and as I was borderline diabetic I am hoping this will show a marked improvement also?
    Are you managing to drink a gallon of water a day Nicos? I can't and usually have no more than three litres.
    Stick with it, I am.
    I tried a 48 hour fast but won't be doing that again as I was very lethargic.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Prevening All First chance I've had to see you all today - couldn't access the site first thing. Looks as though you are all in fine fettle so that's good. I'm enjoying working from home in my own space. See you tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon Snadge!
    I’m doing well on ‘your’ diet...the weight is dropping off ( 5lbs since Monday!) , but I’m starting to freak out by early afternoon, so yesterday and today I decided to have one piece of fruit, so I hope that doesn’t disrupt it too much...we’ll see.
    Having only had the Covid vaccine a week ago, Idon’t want to stress my body too much!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon n’alln’all

looks lovely outside but brrrr...flipping cold still!

Supper is cooked , daughter and baby chatted with , fresh water container for camper eventually decide on ( who knew there was such a choice!), porta potty delivered, as have bed slats. Exciting!

I’ve decided that once this next cold snap has gone I’m going to sow direct some plant seeds like nasturtiums in pots.
    Just need to go through my older veggie seeds, but it looks like I’ve too much choice again!

The frustrating thing is that my stunning, highly scented mirabelle tree is almost in full blossom, and yet again will be hit by frost. I can cover part of it but it’s too big to be considering managing more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Afternoon all

had a Docs appointment this morning so on the way back called at the plot to drop off five bags o 40 litre potting compost I got from Morries for a tenner. Seems like canny stuff and at that price is not to be missed. Also dropped off a load of cardboard as I am expecting a top up of cardboard from my daughter later today.
    Next doors plot has a big pile of old fencing lying where they have replaced the fence. I wil have to ask them whether they 'want rid' and if so bring my chainsaw down and chop the wood up for my woodburner at home. Every little helps.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    This site is getting a bit erratic again, no idea what they are doing, I think that I might not be the only one though lol.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good day sounds in order then ladies ,nothing different here ,ref with held NO's,it is a pain in the ass,if you ring the main department,if your lucky,you may be able to link into leave them a message thing,or was able to,like snoop said,like we have nothing better to do,uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh,that's WHY why you were supposed to come,i recone,since covid,a lot of so called professions are getting money for rotted rope,never mind old rope,and it's the little silent peeps that pick up the slack and care what happens,have a good and please,let us Bgood2ourselves,we deserve it

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon (here), Bramble. I was feeling quite lonely all on my own this morning. Glad to see site seems to be up and running properly again.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. A mild but dull morning.
    Grocery shopping this morning.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^ Not surprised you're annoyed, GF. They should have at least let you know. It's like they think you've got nothing better to do than hang around for them.

Anyway, bright morning here. Bit chillier than yesterday's start to the day, but not very different. Nothing to hold back the weeds...

More of the same on the cards today, but feeling a bit like I'm actually getting through stuff and I shall be seed sowing and weeding next week.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Dry here but feels cold. Had a wasted hour. I'd agreed to meet with social services type people at one of the in-laws flats. They never turned up. I did wait half an hour and ended up leaving a note on the door for them. Gggggrrrrrhhhh!!! Lesson for the day, get a mobile number from such people before agreeing to an appointment. When they rang me they withheld their number so no way to contact them.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 17-03-2021, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, overcast but dry here and the wind has dropped, might get a bit of prep work done outside and maybe another cycle ride later if it stays dry, seeds may be sown in the heated prop later too, just noticed first Daffs are open, maybe it is Springtime at last.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. A misty start to the day but the forecast is good.
    A happy St Patrick's day to anybody celebrating.
    It's hard to believe it's our second St Patrick's day in lockdown.
    We wont be going anywhere as everywhere is closed.
    Some gardening g perhaps.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    morning all,like the new weather we been getting,plus the lighter mornings and nights,do not feel sorry for me,i do enough of that myself,am just saying how things are,if things are stuck with the solicitors,then the agent must be cheesed of as well,as they not get paid,one day,just one day,i will be on here full of beans and no time to breath for excitement,at the mo it feels like am telling porkies,
    Am hoping when we have moved,to be able to get my head in a better place,with food,well done those that are doing so now,as time goes on,it seems i will have to be very limited to what i grow this year,i suppose i could do a very few tom,a couple cues,and some butternutts,when i can get to order/remember some seeds ,have a good day all,

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning days started of sunny but now its a dull never mind at least there's no rain due today.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X