X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    Grey and rainy here at the moment. I think it's supposed to improve later. Highlight of today is a "window visit" with one of the in-laws. She went into hospital at the beginning of February, fell and broke her leg/hip while in there, then got an infection, and then eventually got moved to a care home until she hopefully gets fit enough to go home. We've seen her once in 6 weeks through the window and she can't have a phone conversation as she is deaf. I suppose one good thing is she's got far more company in there than she would be allowed at home. I think a trip to a garden centre is overdue just to cheer me up, buy some compost and treat myself to some seeds. A trip to a shoe shop would be much more useful but unfortunately impossible. I will end up barefoot if lockdown carries on much longer.
    Oh wow!! The sun has just come out.......and gone again. Never mind at least the weather's trying to improve.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its raining here its supposed to clear later but we'll see. I'll be seed sowing later now I've got my newspaper pots ready.
    Back later.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Our weather is much the same ....stuff to do...stuff to do....

Lets hope the Vine stays open today!

Snadge...I managed my first day with just one meal in the evening ...but I was pacing the house by 4pm

See ya later peeps...keep happy!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, Snadger. Morning, all.

Not sure if the weather guys and gals have got it right here today. There's more cloud than they're forecasting, that's for sure. Still very windy. No frost.

Did you buy or make your kebab seasoning mix, Snadger? I've never made doner kebabs but they're really tasty. Let us know how you get on.

Busy with the usual stuff today. Getting to the end of a couple of projects, thank goodness. More on the go, though, but never mind. Needs must.

Have a good one, everyone. Sow some seeds for me.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Well, the weather men seem to have got it right for once. Dull and wet, not sure about temp as I aint been out yet.

Got some book sales to wrap up and get posted along with my discount form for Council Tax to send off (wife is disabled and I have made alterations to house to suit her) Then its seed sowing time!

Now I have my Donar Kebab seasoning spice mix I might have a go at a home made version.

Take care and TTFN.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Fine and warmer. Rushing. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    It’s actually very tiny!...but it does look huge on that piccie.
    Internal dimensions are 2.7m long, 1.6 m wide and 1.4m high
    so just enough to fit in a pull out small double bed at the back and squeeze in a small bathroom/ kitchen area at the foot of the bed / behind the front seats.
    When the bed folds away to form an L shaped bench, we can put up a table. There will be a small narrow cupboard along one side of the bed.
    Last edited by Nicos; 16-03-2021, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Evening all

Its been bright here today so that encouraged me to spend a couple of hours at the allotment.

Got loads done, as my back will testify. Managed to string out the beds and paths on the left side of the central path.These beds are square to the central path as the diagonal beds on the other side were 'complicated' to do. I may finish the herring-boning next year.

How many birth is your camper going to be Nicos? I have three children and when I used the campers I had to rig up beds in the roof area.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon I’ve been making newspapers pots in the GH. Thought I’d best make a big batch before my next lo lot of seed sowing.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-03-2021, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Yes no idea what happened to the forum, off for a while, still got a couple of jobs done lol.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Good to be back,there must’ve been some tech maintenance going on today,the page wouldn’t load. I’m off to have a read & then sow tomatoes have a good evening

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. A little on the dull side but its dry and mild.
    Another trip to the park this morni g and methinks I could give guided tours at this stage.
    This park was owned by the Guinnesx family and has several follies built in it do it has its interests.
    It also runs down to the coast so it's a walk along the sea and well.

Nicos, looks like your camper van is shaping up well and is bigger than I would have thought.

Snadgar love your artistic touches on the plot but alas I just have my back garden.

Have a good day all and enjoy it whate you're doing.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Snadger... seeing as you so kindly showed me ‘yours’ I’ll show you ‘mine ‘ ( steady on ).... Click image for larger version  Name:	D3E97485-D8E5-4337-992A-96CB9AC92F12.jpeg Views:	33 Size:	165.8 KB ID:	2520129
    Last edited by Nicos; 15-03-2021, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

I think I’m getting greenhouse envy again

Tis a very dull start to the day...cool, grey sky, chill breeze and look like it’s going to rain.
    Not a good day to kick start my diet...more of a coffee and slab of chocolate cake sort of morning

Off to buy in wood later, and maybe some hinges...what a treat

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning it looks like being a dry day here so I'll spend some time in the GH and garden later. I'll be going through my seed box check what needs to be sown.
    ^^^^^

Ditto for me Bren in every respect. Great minds!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X