This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

It's turned bright against all expectations. Perfect weather for digging now, but the ground is absolutely sodden. Must have rained lots overnight.

Anyway, I've got plenty to keep myself occupied today. Mr Snoop off into town to collect drinking and cooking water. Not quite Jean de Florette, but same idea I guess.

Catch you all later. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• ^^^ one of most favourite films snoop!

All good here- chocolate crisis averted

Lazy day for me today...probably will send a few emails and phone a few friends for a matter....

We too have blue sky and sunshine - lovely...the sort of weather which is perfect for going out for a hack.

Did you know I have a horse?...he’s living in the uk with my daughters logging ponies...and next month he’ll be 31 years old
      Still as nutty as ever...but deffo showing his age poor lad, but he’s still very happy despite his teeth falling out and being really quite deaf. Fergus. We bought him when he was rising 5 so had him for what seems like forever!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Its bright and sunny here as well so a good start to the day.
        Looking after my grandson from 12 till 3 today so the toys are out again.
        So, no pointing making plans with a two year old.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cold here, but sunny on and off so not too bad. My husband has suddenly decided he'd like a chainsaw for Christmas. I presume he is just trying to wind me up as he is banned from using power saws ever since his last attempt at amputation of his fingers (multiple trips to hospital, surgery and weeks of physiotherapy!)
          I'm going to take the extra curry I made last night for a friend of my husbands later and see if the local shop has any dates, as the date and walnut loaves I made last week are long gone.

Comment

• AFTER NOON ALL,we got some sun outside,am feeling a bit more sane,son came over,gone home,and coming back in a few days,no chance of renting the new place,what with their cost ext,and aprox 10 weeks to go,says she hopefully,so he will be coming and going,we started to pack a few things in boxes,yesterday,a bit here and a bit there ,MR certainly engaged when he was here,it was great having another take the daytime bathroom challenge,friday i twisted trying to assist,and awch,is ok now thank god,i still look wiped out,but if i can get my head to a better place,is brill,you cannot keep an LD down hehehe,am still prone to tears ext,might get myself up the top bedroom and look what else i can box up,i was a bit theraputic,some for a box,some for him to take home,others i might advertise in the new year,the rest for the bin,right thats the last of the cake i just polished off ,when MR awake will be another whatsapp video call with family,have a good afternoon and big thanks for your supports,i am a lucky LD xx
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Try not to bin anything lottie...there are so many people who are...or soon will be- in desperate need of anything. It’s amazing what skills people have to recycle what others think are already scrap!

Do you have a local preloved site you can give away on???

Comment

• Good to hear from you, LD. Nothing like a bit of help and company to share the load.

Hope you get a good night's sleep.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Not really properly awake but the rain is lashing against the window and Hibou has just brought me a large piece of the papery skin from around an onion. She was so pleased with herself that she kept calling out to us.

I did go outside yesterday early evening to see if I could see the two planets in close alignment, but it was very cloudy. At this rate it’ll be the same tomorrow which is supposed to be when they are at their closest.
                  Has anyone managed to spot them?

Yesterday we unloaded the Hiace and took it out for a short road trip and we’re really pleased with it. We sat inside it and had a mug
                  of coffee and mince pie to celebrate!!!!

speaking of which....time for a brew?

Comment

• ^Congratulations. You could go 'out' for lunch too. One of our best Boxing Day lunches (certainly the one I remember best) was shortly after we bought our van and we went out for a walk. Then sat inside and ate duck sandwiches and had a freshly-made cup of tea. Lots of new memories waiting to be stacked up for you.

Light touch of frost here today. Three thrushes in the olive tree near the window, stuffing their faces with olives as fast as they can. Little birds (I can't tell what in this light) scavenging on the ones that drop to the floor. No cats out, fortunately... That reminds me, I need to add to the What Makes You Happy thread.

Very busy day ahead, so better hop to it. Hope you all have a good one. Catch you later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin n’alln’all I did go outside yesterday early evening to see if I could see the two planets in close alignment, but it was very cloudy. At this rate it’ll be the same tomorrow which is supposed to be when they are at their closest.
                      Has anyone managed to spot them?
                      It was to cloudy so i'll be trying again tonight but the forecast doesn't look good

here's BBC link if anyone wants a read :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55364664

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Grey and raining g here.
                        Going to go for my grocery shopping this morning.
                        Hopefully it will be my last trips to the supermarket until the new year,
                        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,hope all are well,lumpy has gone again on this thread,had a reasonable night,good job i go some support between his bed and the robe fronts,{side table and stool with cushions on},got up in the small hours,to find him leaning on said cushions,with the legs hanging down the side,had to wake him up to get straight again,that was a close call,have a bed rail on order,have paid extra to get it sooner than the new year,chased up the packing boxes ,they did not think to tell me that some were out of stock ,just got a letter for MR CT scan of the adrenal gland,end of January,will have to book some transport,and insist i need to be there with him,Nicos i will have to see who can set me up with this freagle,and sale lark on the mobile,when we had our little portafold caravan,it was something different to go sit in with visitors for coffee ext,also some naps/40winks away from the phones and door bells hehehe,Snoop it's good to see wildlife having a good time,we get birds around the pond for water and baths,some on the grass pecking around,others on the fence especially the pedgeon matting time,then the best of all the girls,MR likes the girls,he often askes how they are bless him,have a good afternoon everyone and stay safe,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Never a dull moment in your home is there lottie?....

I’ve hunkered down today- too wet to be outside. OH has started tinkering with the Hiace.
                            The van had originally been converted into a people carrier - so he’s been removing the back seats, grab rails etc...we’ll need to sell/ give those away as they are in good condition.

I’m still researching for the camper and creating a ‘wish/ need’ list and several alternatives price wise.
                            We’ll be ripping down to the shell in the cargo area so there’s lots of new stuff to learn about!

We ordered a couple of camping chairs online on Saturday from a Swedish site and they arrived this morning!!!!! Flipping heck...some things we ordered 3 weeks ago haven’t arrived yet!
                            We have loads of camping ‘stuff’ from 30 years ago - some of it is still very usable but the rest is rusty/ mouse eaten...but it’s really fun
                            going through it...lots of trips down memory lane with the children!!!

Time for another brew before thinking about food. I put on weight again last week...bah...it’s Xmas, and we all need a treat ( or several ) don’t we??

It’s the shortest day today and it’s already pretty dark with all the rain clouds. Not much of a chance seeing the 2 planets tonight at this rate...

Comment

• Good evening All I hope it's the Star of Wonder
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all, chuckin' it darn here, so unlikely to see any planets, indeed we are struggling looking out for the Sainsbugs delivery van at the moment!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X