Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop I would go for a Jack Russell, the best ratters on 4 legs, when I was a boy most farms had a Jack Russell and when the straw was being moved, boy did they earn their keep
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• One of our dogs is a cross with one of these in the mix:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratone...eguero_Andaluz

She's a keen ratter and a lovely dog, but not supposed to go indoors downstairs. Might have to change the rules...

Comment

• Good evening, it was quite a nice day here today, had our youngest grandson in this morning as dad had to go into work after dropping him off at school I went a walk with my daughters dog, we had her overnight as she goes frantic with the fireworks when she is at home yet when she is with me she doesn't really bother, I have had four dogs and not one had problems with fireworks, there was a short shower while I was out but after that it turned nice, so got someaawork done in the garden and a bit more tidying up, it really need to stop doing as much or I will have no excuse to use, to avoid the housework.
        Congratulations on your good "‹"‹"‹"‹ Nicos, pass on a smile to your OH and celebrate
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          One of our dogs is a cross with one of these in the mix:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratone...eguero_Andaluz

She's a keen ratter and a lovely dog, but not supposed to go indoors downstairs. Might have to change the rules...
          Change the rules .......NOW!!!

Comment

• Te he...a few changes of "˜rules "˜ me thinks ?..
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• OMG Shoop- your dog looks like a terrier with long legs !,,, nice looking breed!

our main post office - about 15 mins from here is on the "˜Rue des terriers"™ .... clearly something historical in that name!
              A terrierer was/is someone who digs out foxes....hence the anglicised name!

apparently something like 45% of English words originate from French words !!! - it just goes to show howEuropean England/English really is!
              (just check on wiki)
              Last edited by Nicos; 06-11-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Not unlike a Jack Russell though probably larger, but a lovely looking dog
                Hands up those who think Nicos is celebrating

Comment

• The rules exist for the dogs' benefit: our tom cat, now getting on in years, can't abide them and will launch attacks on them with no provocation whatsoever. The house is divided into two areas, the dogs in one, the cats in the other, with humans allowed to visit both.

Comment

• Morning all. Raining butts and barrels here (not cats and dogs). Ground still supping it up. Yay!

Day for staying indoors and doing some work. Spending far too much time constantly looking at the news, but making some progress.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Comment

• Good Morning All What a lovely dog, what's his name? We have a bit of mist here with hazy sunshine. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, wall to wall sunshine again, off out soon so catch you later, stay safe and calm all.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          it's a beautiful,misty morni g with not a bit of a breeze.
                          Out for a walk and then some gardening.
                          Grandson coming for lunch today.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hi, FF. If that's a question for me, our ratonero cross is a female, called Patxi, pronounced Patchy. As she's a cross, she's a bit bigger all round than a pedigree ratonero but same colouring, stance and shape. She's a tremendous dog. Super bright, needs to have a mission. Brilliant with kids. Supposedly she's my dog but that's only because I chose her from the litter.

She'll adopt visitors very readily if they're staying up the valley and will stand guard outside their house overnight. If anybody leaves a group to go somewhere on their own, she'll keep them company till they're back safely. Does this of her own accord.

It's unlikely, but if you ever see a ratonero puppy offered and you're after a dog, I'd recommend them. I've met pedigree versions and they are just the same as Patxi in character.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-11-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• She's lovely Snoop
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon n'alln'all

Lovely sunny day here again....we'll be moving firewood today from the Woodyard to the house. Our Woodyard is about 600 metres from the house so we need to sign an attestation to say why we're leaving our home

Yeh...and there is no obvious box to tick. The form has to be dated and timed and signed as well. It's good really tbh cos it cuts down on peeps trying to get around the rules. Hefty fines if caught too! It does feel much safer in reality.

Right - time for a brew first me thinks!...anyone care to join me?

Oh...and rary.... I gave OH a big grin as you suggested and he asked "what have you done?" then "what do you want? "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X