X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Another wet and windy day,
    Nothing planned but I might break out a jigsaw if I get bored.
    Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all still wild and windy but dry at the moment, a tad warmer with 7.3 being the overnight temp in the greenhouse, I've plunged the pots in the border soil and covered them lightly with fleece for the winter noe, just leeks, cabbage and roots in the garden now, though I did find a couple of raspberries this morning.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

I needed cheering up so we've ordered two sets of outdoor Xmas lights.
        I love Xmas and the run up to it....and as our old ones conked out a couple of years ago I'm feeling quite chuffed.
        As we have no street lights it's lovely to see them lighting up the garden. Not many as I don't want to add to light pollution or waste electricity, but sometimes you need to do something a bit uplifting eh? ( well - it's better for my health than getting stuck into eating chocolate!!!)

More knitting for me today.I'm actually starting to enjoy it again now I recall how to avoid making mistakes and more importantly how to correct them when I do!!
        I intend to stew down more apples too. The house will smell lovely!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          25 years without a haircut!!!! You are lucky she didn't get in the shower with you (and a pair of scissors)...... Cue the music from Psycho.
          I think I will need to let my hair grow
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, it started off dry but blustery today, though didn't do anything as I like to catch the church service on a Sunday morning after that we had lunch then when getting ready to go out to the garden the rain started, it's been on and off since, so just sat and watched the birds
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Evening all, well a walk was taken, nearly blew me over and thne a shower too, but I enjoy those sort of days, the garden looks a bit battered, but no obvious damage noted, again I can't recommend a Beech hedge more if you need a wind break and the birds like sheltering in it too, both from the wind and the daily visit from the Sparrow Hawk. Sounds like the wind is dropping, we now have frosts forecast for most of the coming week. Take care all.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                It really was miserable day with rain wind rain and grey skies.
                My daughter and granddaughter dropped in some Halloween goodies.
                Other than that it was an uneventful day.
                Take care and stay safe all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Mornin n'alln'all

I needed cheering up so we've ordered two sets of outdoor Xmas lights.
                  I love Xmas and the run up to it....and as our old ones conked out a couple of years ago I'm feeling quite chuffed.
                  As we have no street lights it's lovely to see them lighting up the garden. Not many as I don't want to add to light pollution or waste electricity, but sometimes you need to do something a bit uplifting eh? ( well - it's better for my health than getting stuck into eating chocolate!!!)I
                  What about solar powered lights Nicos, no electricity required and a decent set will last quite a time I have a set in the garden and they come on every night and that's almost 2years they have been going, but just to be on the safe, side I am going to change the batteries the next dry day, as for eating chocolate, you exercise your you hands breaking it or lifting and unwrapping, your arms and shoulders when lifting it to your mouth then you jaw muscles when chewing it

Comment

• Ha!... I like the idea of your chocolate diet rary

We do have some solar lights but they don't seem to cope with the cold winters and hot summers . (We've hit -18C most years for a couple of nights and 40C + in the summer) so these are professional quality so can be left outdoors all year .Do you know of any solar lights of that quality?... I'd be interested in buying some if anyone does!

We 've just had a lovely long chat with both our children. It's great to be able to see family and friends via modern technology
                    isnt it?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Blowing a gale and rain coming down by the bucketfull here at the moment. At least I can sit comfortably in the warmth indoors. I actually spent a good hour at the allotment this morning and didn't get too wet. It was so nice to spend time in the fresh air, even though I ended up muddy.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very chilly feeling this morning, but no frost. Bright again but due to get cloudy tomorrow afternoon. After which we're forecast a few days of rain. Total 50 litres/mm per square metre. More rain in four days than in at least the last four months. Fingers crossed it happens.

Public holiday here but more of the usual for us. Mr Snoop continuing to tidy and reorganise the basement; me at the computer.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Morning its a mild day here so i'll be raking up leaves and seed collecting. might go for a stroll later depends on the weather.

Have a good day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Weather doesn't look too good but I must harvest the rest of the apples that the wind hasn't blown off the trees and get them processed.
                            Leeklets to plant plant up into trays at allotment and then its carry on with the bathroom tiling methinks. The problem is that whenever I start to cut the tiles with an angle grinder outdoors, creating a lot of dust,all the neighbours hang there washing out and I have to stop!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning a bright day but extremely breezy.
                              I have some work to do in the greenhouse .
                              Going to tackle that before the showers move in.
                              Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                Leeklets to plant plant up into trays at allotment
                                Snadger, do you keep leeks growing all year round? I presume you've grown these from seed. Could you tell me what variety or varieties you grow? Any special tricks? We get through a ton of leeks and I'd love to be self-sufficient in them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X